Time for Tires....

Kyle

Its time for new tires on my C6... I have been reading alot of reviews and checking prices...

Here is what I found (prices do not include mount, balance, etc...):

245/40ZR18 285/35ZR19

Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S-C EMT $1,504.00 $$$ and Tread Wear

Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar EMT $1,404.00 Bad Tread Wear

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 $1,368.00 Only see good reviews

Pirelli PZero Rosso $1,294.00 Poor Tread Wear

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-2 EMT $1,188.00 Only see good reviews

Yokohama ADVAN Sport $1,184.00 No bad reviews

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A $928.00 No bad reviews

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 $902.00 Only see good reviews

Avon Tech M550 A/S $800.00 Poor Traction

Im leaning toward the BFG for $902 based on the reviews. While they are not runflats. But I can work around that I guess. #2 would be the Michelin PS2's for almost $500 more...

The top priority for me is treadwear then performance, the BFG's, seem pretty good for that.

I have read alot of forums and think the BFG would be a good choice.

What does everyone else think.

Kyle

When I need tires it will be the Michelins. I replaced the GY's on my C5 with Pilot Sports and I swear by them. I was on my second set of Michelins when I traded it. They are quieter, ride better, wear better and handle better than the GY's. I can't speak to the BFG"s. Maybe someone else has had experience with them.

Ive got the bfg kdw's and while they are much better than the stock supercars and seem to get good traction (in most cases) the michelin's are what everyone raves about and will probably be my next choice. :yesnod

Guest AZ Power & Sound

IVe had them ALL! I will never buy another tire besides michelins, but ive had BFGs and wouldnt complain if I had them again... they hook well, corner well etc... just al ittle noisier then Michelins and have a softer sidewall

Robert and Elizabeth

We swear by the Michelin Pilot Sports...they are worth every penny! Since we can not find a DR that is drivable in all weather conditions, we are limited on what we can put on the Z. These tires are very quiet, excellent grip and also gives a "cushey" ride. They look very exotic too. Just our :2cents

OK, Well it looks like PS2's are the champs.....

Here are the options im weighing:

#1: PS2's

#2: BFG's and an air intake upgrade....

Next Question....

They show the stock tire sizes are available....BUT..... Can I go wider on the stock wheels... If so what would look good and work good??? What would the drawbacks be of going wider (if any)....

Thanks,

Kyle

Next Question....

They show the stock tire sizes are available....BUT..... Can I go wider on the stock wheels... If so what would look good and work good??? What would the drawbacks be of going wider (if any)....

Thanks,

Kyle

I need this answer also. Good Question :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth

Mike at AZPS can answer the question on if you could go wider.

We asked him the same thing when we wanted to get the Michelins. We were able to go up 2 sizes on the rear (325 to 345) and 1 size on the front (275 to 285). They are now the same size as Vipers. We have had no problems.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Next Question....

Thanks,

Kyle

295s on back and 265s on front :) If you go too wide you end up stretching the sidewall, which on some tires can weaken it over time and cause a blow out... in addition it limits the amount of contact patch because the tire is "bowing" to fit on the wheel.

Just as an FYI, Michelin is a French company.

:leaving

Everyone has to be good at something ;)

I like french vodka and french tires I guess :(

Guest UVETTYA

Just as an FYI, Michelin is a French company.

:leaving

That rules them out for me!

Me 2.

I prolly should just shut up as I'm not out to offend anyone, but my reason for not buying Michelins is because there are thousands of dead American soldiers buried on their soil who died defending their sorry asses, and they thumbed their nose at us when we asked them to help US! I work for a French company and they think American's are fat, dumb and lazy.

I'm one of those people who votes with their feet, so #@%* the French.

German wine tastes better anyway. :yesnod

Steve,

We carry the same Flag Mr. :flag

To me its not about the nationality, its their attitude. they could be americans, its just that their heads are in the wrong place.

:flag

'fat, dumb, an lazy'

..brings to mind the old sayin.. 'Lead, Follow, or Get OUTTA the Way!' .. the French certainly don't lead .. they won't follow, ..they mostly just get outta the way or end up road kill.

Just my 2 copper.

-Frank

Had Michelins, they are great!! Now have BFG's (KDW) they too are great thus far :thumbs

Not going to get into the politics of this...I would buy the Michelins again. As for a cheaper price in tires, it's your rear-end riding on them.

It's an open forum, so WTF? Here's my :2cents , I would agree with the opinions about the Michs and BFGs(that tread pattern is cool Jack), and I have mixed emotions regarding Goodyears. I hated the runflats, but have become a believer in the GS-D3 tire. BUT, on our SRT8 the GY F1 Supercars are already "unbalance-able" :huh per the 'road-force' balancing I just had at 2600 miles to ferret out a 80-85 mph shimmy. They wanna replace them. With the same pieces of crap? :crazy I'm looking into Toyos. Now, for the crotch rocket.... you gotta have Michelins, no doubt. Damn those frenchies and their sticky tires, smelly cheese, and pretentious arteeests! "I fart in your general direction" - John Cleese

:nicethread::lol

You know what stinks, the previous owner of my car put brand new Kuhmo tires on mine right before I bought it. I'm not at all happy with them, I'll change them when I need to thou- I have soo many other things that need to be taken care of., like my vibration, I've balanced the tires twice and replaced brakes, I need to check wheel bearings and ball joints I guess.

Good luck on the tires.

i am trying as hard as i can to get new front tires on my car before i make the trip to Gila Bend but it doesnt look like it will happen. i want to get Yokohoma (if thats how you spell it) cause thats what i put on the back a few years ago. also i want them to fix the back tires cause they put the rims on the wrong sides, i am picky with little things like that on my car.

also i want them to fix the back tires cause they put the rims on the wrong sides, i am picky with little things like that on my car.

I wouldn't call that picky at all!!! :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth

also i want them to fix the back tires cause they put the rims on the wrong sides, i am picky with little things like that on my car.

I wouldn't call that picky at all!!!:thumbs

:agree

Robert and Elizabeth
Damn those frenchies and their sticky tires, smelly cheese, and pretentious arteeests! "I fart in your general direction" - John Cleese

:agree:lol:lol:lol