Time for Tires....

Kyle

Guest UVETTYA
Steve,

We carry the same Flag Mr. :flag

To me its not about the nationality, its their attitude. they could be americans, its just that their heads are in the wrong place.

:flag

:thumbs

i am trying as hard as i can to get new front tires on my car before i make the trip to Gila Bend but it doesnt look like it will happen. i want to get Yokohoma (if thats how you spell it) cause thats what i put on the back a few years ago. also i want them to fix the back tires cause they put the rims on the wrong sides, i am picky with little things like that on my car.

Brian,

Just stay away from the Pirelli's.... That is unless you want these guys to pick on you about it looking like a truck!!!

I've ran the Goodyear Supercar F1's, Michelins and now the BFG KD's on my Z06. I don't really care about the road noise, as it changes every couple of miles in this city anyway, and I have to say that the KD's are the best tire I've had on the car so far. PhoenixFRC and I have a specific corner to test our cars on daily and the KD has surpassed everything I have ran on the car so far. A little pricier than the KDW (list price, although cheaper than any F1 I ever bought) but worth it for the so-so experiences I have had on the other tires... not to mention the damage to the car when the other tires gave up the ghost!

My only complaint so far is the lack of the tire size I really want.

just my 2 cents....

Alright I wimped out... I got worried about not getting the run flats.. Even though the PS2's were the most recommended... BUT I got a pretty goot price on them..

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-2 EMT

Goodyear had the rears onsale for $289 each. they said $100+ below cost..

Tirerack had the Fronts on sale for $249 each.

Discount tires in Gilbert is matching the price for both places. Will be getting the warrenties for 10% per tire/ comes to about $100 for the set for road hazard....

They should be in Tomorrow, Monday...

Would like to thank everyone for their input.. It was really handy. And it was great meeting those who showed up at the Men's Expo/Auction... Im sure I will see you all again sometime soon..

Kyle

my tires are in....i am going to get them installed now, i was unable to get the Yokohamas i wanted they were a little out of my price range.

Check this out. Wow . What a price difference. I think like $190 for the front 245/40R/18 RFT

Link

No body said a thing about these tires. Find that hard to take, never got flammed or even spit on. What's the deal?

Check this out. Wow . What a price difference. I think like $190 for the front 245/40R/18 RFT

Link

No body said a thing about these tires. Find that hard to take, never got flammed or even spit on. What's the deal?

I'll preface this by saying my family were Firestone lovers for three generations. My Grandfather owned the 2nd largest Firestone store in MN. Considering their problems in the last 10-15 yrs I wouldn't have them on a car that I was going to exceed the posted speed limit in and I'd have to think twice about having them on a car I was going to do over 35 mph in. Price isn't everything.

I guess the question this post poses is do you want a quality tire built by Frenchmen or a cheap tire that will seperate built by Americans?

Is that the flame you were looking for Mike? :D

I guess the question this post poses is do you want a quality tire built by Frenchmen or a cheap tire that will seperate built by Americans?

I have to agree with Eddie, who made it isn't as important as how safe my butt is...

Guest UVETTYA

Ok, ok, everyone's entitled to their opinion. :lol But even if they are the best tire in the world and I'm gonna die if I use American tires, I won't compromise my convictions.

So everyone with FRENCH tires please stay away from me on the road in case I spin out or something and crash into you while driving on my AMERICAN MADE TIRES! :lol:lol:lol

God Bless America!

F#@! the French! :lol

Steve, you and I view this situation just a little differently. I too believe in buying American. However if Americans are building an inferior product and I continue to buy it then there is no incentive for them to improve. If I buy from another country the American Company should strive to better there product. Unfortunately American companies are often too blind, lazy or something to realize that and they just go out of business instead. Given a choice of equal quality, customer service and price I will always go American.

I have had Michelins and in my humble opinion they are the best quality for the money right now. I have not heard anything from Firestone to suggest that they have changed their quality since the Firstone/Ford debacle of the 90's.

Funny you should suggest you'll die driving American. I had a good friend who worked for the AZ Attorney General's Office. He was coming back from Tucson about 5 years ago and one of his Firestone tires blew and threw his for Explorer ass over tea kettle and he was in a coma for three days and nearly died. I can only imagine if that accident had happened at triple digits.

Guest UVETTYA

Eddie, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :lol:thumbs

I don't HAVE to run Firestone tires, which I haven't since the 60's because I knew they had problems even back then, and besides, you're picking the absolute WORST American tire you can buy against the BEST French tire. So of course your French tire is going to look good in that comparison test. How about if we pick the WORST French tire and compare it to the BEST American tire? :lol

Michelins don't always get the top ranking. The tests are subjective depending on who's behind the wheel and who's funding the study. Even your own experience is biased. Of course everyone thinks what THEY'RE using is the best. :lol

Take for example this Car and Driver report. Michelin's were 4th overall.

CAR AND DRIVER WEB SITE

OVERALL SCORE

Goodyear: 1050.4

Continental: 1031.9

Yokohama: 1027.0

Michelin: 1018.7

Hankook: 1015.4

Dunlop: 1002.2

Pirelli: 1002.1

Toyo: 999.7

Bridgestone: 993.9

BFGoodrich: 993.0

Kumho: 990.7

Max points

dry performance (x2): 600

wet performance: 300

price: 100

tread wear: 100

total possible: 1100

So not everyone thinks Michelin's are the best and safest tire, including my buddies over there at Car and Driver Mag! :thumbs:lol

God Bless America!

F#@K! the French! :lol

So not everyone thinks Michelin's are the best and safest tire, including my buddies over there at Car and Driver Mag! :thumbs:lol

God Bless America!

I hate to do this to you buddy! Sometimes I just can't resist. Below is the parent company that owns Car and Driver Magazine.

Hachette Filipacchi Médias

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Hachette Filipacchi Médias, S.A. (HFM) is the largest magazine publisher in the world. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lagardere Media of France.

Better cancel that subscription now! :lol:lol

Robert and Elizabeth

God Bless America!

I hate to do this to you buddy! Sometimes I just can't resist. Below is the parent company that owns Car and Driver Magazine.

Hachette Filipacchi Médias

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Hachette Filipacchi Médias, S.A. (HFM) is the largest magazine publisher in the world. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lagardere Media of France.

C'est la vie!! - French for "such is life!!" :lol:lol

Guest UVETTYA

Dontcha love the internet Eddie? If you're good you can find out just about anything with a few clicks of the mouse. :lol:lol

But...

the French are so stupid they posted this info free on their website. So ha ha yourself. :P

Go ahead and support the French bastages while they thumb their nose at you. It's no sweat off my butt. I'll stick to my SUPERIOR (according to the French) American tires. :yesnod:thumbs

God BLESS America!

Halelluia! Can

I get a witness?...

:lol

Link

Well damn my job is done here. :D

I just switched from the Kumhos to the BFG KDW NT and WOW what a difference. No complaints here but i never have had the Michelin's to compare. Just know i am very happy right now. Just have to wait and see how well they wear.

As to the French issue here is a story I read. They was a retired group of teachers traveling through Western Europe and when they reached the French border a customs officer asked all visitors who have been here before line up to the left and those visiting for the first time to the right. After everyone shuffled around a customs officer went to the returning visitors line and approached the gray haired gentleman and looked at him and immediately gave him an attitude saying that if you have visited here before you should be aware that you must have your passport ready to show to the french representative. The old gray haired gentleman looked calmly back to the customs inspector and replied this must be a new rule because when I landed here on D Day to enter your country we couldn't find a Frenchman anywhere................................

:flag

All of the above tires are good but way to pricy IMO. I have ran Nitto 555's with all of my car and they are hands down a very good tire for the money. The have good tread wear and are priced very good. Not cheap but nowhere near the price of some of the tires mentioned. I'm running Nitto 555's upo front and 555R out back. I have'nt had a single issue and I've been running Nitto's on my cars for years! Just something to think about.

Tony

Robert and Elizabeth
All of the above tires are good but way to pricy IMO. I have ran Nitto 555's with all of my car and they are hands down a very good tire for the money. The have good tread wear and are priced very good. Not cheap but nowhere near the price of some of the tires mentioned. I'm running Nitto 555's upo front and 555R out back. I have'nt had a single issue and I've been running Nitto's on my cars for years! Just something to think about.

Tony

Nitto makes a great DR tire. We ran 555Rs on the rear of our 01 WS6 Trans AM with 450HP and never ever had an issue. They hooked great on dry and wet pavement and wear well. We would have them on our Z right now if they had them in our size, which they don't. :bang So, we use the next best for traction, which is the Michelin Pilot Sports. As soon as Nitto comes out with a DR in our size, we are there!

Tony

Nitto makes a great DR tire. We ran 555Rs on the rear of our 01 WS6 Trans AM with 450HP and never ever had an issue. They hooked great on dry and wet pavement and wear well. We would have them on our Z right now if they had them in our size, which they don't. :bang So, we use the next best for traction, which is the Michelin Pilot Sports. As soon as Nitto comes out with a DR in our size, we are there!

Youre correct! Nitto does have some funny sizes. They have a 315 in 17's but no 315's in 18's. They do make have a 335 18 though.