WinterFest

Guest Kens06

I have tried to put together an outing for west coast Z06 Vettes ala Z06Fest in Bowling Green!

It seems like there is a reason there is no west coast get togethers! No one will come!!

I have Firebird east track instructional reserved for $100 instead of $150 on Mar 2nd!

You have to register under 'WinterFest' by Feb 10 to get the discount. We have 6 registered now!

If we get 20 we can have a Vette only instructional class!

Go to their website for more info or PM me!!

TOO MUCH fun with your pants on!!

I also have talked to Joe @ SECC and he welcomes us to drag racing and car show at SpeedWorld on Sat!!

Our central locale will be the La Quinta

Here is a thread to follow

Z06 Vette

Sorry for the late heads up!!

Ken

Rough Schedule!!

Thurs March 1, 2007- sudo WART run. No destination or course set yet!

We will socialize, patronize and carbonize.

Fri March 2, 2007

7:30AM show up at Firebird racetrack for 8:00 new drivers orientation and instruction!

The instructional group is passing on straights only after sig from passee and your first stint is with an instructor to show you the line!

You will get 4, 20 min sessions for $100!!

I have to get back with Larry but I believe that was the deal.

If we can get 20-30, we may get all Z instructional stints!!

This goes till late afternoon!!

Then drink mass quantities!!

Sat March 3, 2007

Firebird, where the motel is next door, boned me for the weekend because the NHRA wanted that date!

I called Speedworld's (our other NHRA dragstrip) scheduling director and that weekend has been reserved by the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club. Some of our local clubs members have attended their events and the guys are great!! I need numbers of participants for the drags! Joe welcomes the Z06 guys with open arms, but numbers would be nice! Last time they posted on the local board it was $45 for all day. That's more than the $20 to attend a regular Sat test and tune, but we can race against Lambo's, Merc's and Ferrari's!! 9:00AM till whenever!!

The downside is the trip to the track. Locals have trouble staying together for trek thru that traffic. We will have to meld into the line with radios, so out of towner's have someone to follow and don't get abandoned!!

Then drink mass quantities!!

Sun- Say bye to all the new friends we have made!!

La Quinta has a WinterFest rate, I just got a room for all three days and I only live 20 miles away!!

Ken

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com
Sat March 3, 2007

I called Speedworld's (our other NHRA dragstrip) scheduling director and that weekend has been reserved by the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club. Some of our local clubs members have attended their events and the guys are great!! I need numbers of participants for the drags! Joe welcomes the Z06 guys with open arms, but numbers would be nice! Last time they posted on the local board it was $45 for all day. That's more than the $20 to attend a regular Sat test and tune, but we can race against Lambo's, Merc's and Ferrari's!! 9:00AM till whenever!!

Hey Ken, it's only:

$35.00 to race

$30.00 to enter your vehicle in the car show

$25.00 to spectate

We have to charge a little more because there will be less racers and more track time for everyone! We look forward to seeing you guys there for the racing and the show...promise to take it easy on our exotics on the strip :D

Joe

I'm going to try to come to be a spectator, I used to think there wasn't enough hours in a day, but now there's not enough weekends in a month to get it all in.... :devil

Guest UVETTYA

Ken, I managed to talk my boss into two Saturday's off in a row... Feb 24th and March 3rd, but I couldn't talk him into Thur and Fri. So I won't be attending the cruise or the DE. :cuss

Guest XLR8TNC5

Im surprised Mark isn't signed up for this yet. I will talk to him about it.

Hey, is it Z06's only for the SECC day at the track? I would like to bring my lowly C5 Cpe out to play with the exotics that day. I mean it's no Z06, but I think my car handles himself well enough with the Z's. lol.

I need to get on the track and get some more times.

No biggie. If not, maybe Mark will let me try taking the Z down the track a few times.

See you later gator. I would love to do the roadcourse day as well but I have to work. Mark has an easier time taking off work though than I do and I think he would love running the road course. He is an awesome driver and a few pointers from a pro would be great for him!

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com
Hey, is it Z06's only for the SECC day at the track? I would like to bring my lowly C5 Cpe out to play with the exotics that day.

It's open to all, and as always, ACE members are invited and encouraged to come :thumbs

Hey, is it Z06's only for the SECC day at the track? I would like to bring my lowly C5 Cpe out to play with the exotics that day.

It's open to all, and as always, ACE members are invited and encouraged to come :thumbs

I might have to make this event!

Guest Sidewinder
Im surprised Mark isn't signed up for this yet. I will talk to him about it.

Hey, is it Z06's only for the SECC day at the track? I would like to bring my lowly C5 Cpe out to play with the exotics that day. I mean it's no Z06, but I think my car handles himself well enough with the Z's. lol.

I need to get on the track and get some more times.

No biggie. If not, maybe Mark will let me try taking the Z down the track a few times.

See you later gator. I would love to do the roadcourse day as well but I have to work. Mark has an easier time taking off work though than I do and I think he would love running the road course. He is an awesome driver and a few pointers from a pro would be great for him!

on Z06vette.

I've messed up and mixed two threads with my explanation of WinterFest in the second post!!

Everything is open to anyone with a Corvette!!

Thursday is supposed to have a road tour to somewhere for lunch and back for meet and greet!

I have NO idea yet where to go and keep out of a Thur traffic parking lot.

I would rather leave that day open to let visiting people spend time seeing Phoenix!!

Friday is all day road racing with Pro Autosports! Firebird East!!

$100 prepay by office close Feb 20 or $150!

Fri will be drag racing @ Speedworld with the SECC!!

You have seen Joe's post above so everything is cool with that!!

I'm going to need the local help to get the 'visitors' [ CO, TX, So Cal] from the La Quinta next to Firebird to Speedworld on a Sat morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We know where we are going and get separated by miles!!

Radios and a local every forth car or so should keep people from getting abandoned on the route!

I'll bring up the rear and everyone will have my cell number!!

Ken