ACE at Friday night drags 12/15/23

aenigma

I think we need to revive our love for going fast. Let’s take it to the drags Dec 15.  The DA should be great! 
I’m not sure what time they open but I’ll update this when I find out. 
if you’re interested, please post up here. 

and……run what you brung. It doesn’t need to be your vette. It’s just another chance for us to get together for some fun! 

aenigma

lonnie67

chameleon

buccaneer (for sure cause he’s going to be ready) 

people from EVC on Facebook 

people from ACE on Facebook 

chainheartmachine

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Oooo....I could bring the Hyundai!!!!!

NOT.   I might come to spectate.

Bring the dang Hyundai!  It’d be fun to see what that thing can do. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

Hope that I will be ready to go by then. If so, for sure I'm going. :thumbs:burnout

Now you have a date!  My car is kind of fallen apart too so gives me something to shoot for. (Or lonnie something to shoot for 😂)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 1:21 PM, aenigma said:

and……run what you brung. It doesn’t need to be your vette.

Louise won’t let me race the Vette but did not say anything about the minivan!  😉

• 3 weeks later...
ChainHeartMachine

Sounds like a plan to me! Might be cool to see how well the C7 launch control feature works on a surface that isn't awful lol...

I'm scared to actually drive a manual on the dragstrip though... Only ran automatics in the past.

5 hours ago, ChainHeartMachine said:

Sounds like a plan to me! Might be cool to see how well the C7 launch control feature works on a surface that isn't awful lol...

I'm scared to actually drive a manual on the dragstrip though... Only ran automatics in the past.

Racing a manual just takes more coordination than an auto - this is an opportunity to practice. :)

This event is ON my calendar to come out and spectate. :partydance:

9 hours ago, ChainHeartMachine said:

I’ve seen manuals run and it’s definitely a great skill. You’ll do great. And……it’s a fun night to learn a car, no competition which is the reason I love Friday night drags. 

• 2 weeks later...
ChainHeartMachine
On 10/26/2023 at 11:01 AM, aenigma said:

I’ve seen manuals run and it’s definitely a great skill. You’ll do great. And……it’s a fun night to learn a car, no competition which is the reason I love Friday night drags. 

I wouldn't think a stock C7 would have issues with tech.

So I guess I just need a Snell helmet...

• 1 month later...

Pretty cool stuff announced today. Wild Horse is now called Firebird once again. 

tickets are on sale now for Friday night drags Dec 15. Last week’s FND they filled up and closed registration. So I’ve got mine early for the 15th. 

https://tickets.thefoat.com/TheTrackatWildhorsePass/event-243244/clear_cart-1

ChainHeartMachine

I just saw that yesterday. Firebird is a much better name for a dragstrip in Phoenix.

Do they absolutely insist on Snell Helmets?

3 hours ago, ChainHeartMachine said:

I just saw that yesterday. Firebird is a much better name for a dragstrip in Phoenix.

Do they absolutely insist on Snell Helmets?

14 seconds or quicker yes. And it has to be dated 2015 or later. 
I know they used to rent them out. I’m not sure now. 
Firebird was the real name for years when it was cool. You gotta give them credit for marketing by retiring the crappy image and bringing back a cool name. 

ChainHeartMachine

I just got a Snell 2020 Helmet so I'm good now if I can shift decently enough to do better than 14's lol

2 minutes ago, aenigma said:

14 seconds or quicker yes. And it has to be dated 2015 or later. 
I know they used to rent them out. I’m not sure now. 
Firebird was the real name for years when it was cool. You gotta give them credit for marketing by retiring the crappy image and bringing back a cool name. 

4 hours ago, ChainHeartMachine said:

I just got a Snell 2020 Helmet so I'm good now if I can shift decently enough to do better than 14's lol

Oh that’s perfect. It’ll be a blast!  We’re going to be there hopefully by 6.  Track goes hot at 7 and it’ll be so crowded by 9 so hoping to get some runs in early. 
you can always text me when you get close. I’ll put some cones out and save you a spot in the pits.