Sunset or night cruises?

ChainHeartMachine

Very seldom, there has been a couple of dinner cruises, and one or two meet up’s at places like Sonic after dark. 
But most of the original ACE members have bed times that don’t allow them out after the sun sets. 

I know what you’re thinking, Yes it’s just about my bed time too, I do have to get up with the sun in a few hours. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChainHeartMachine said:

Like the topic says has this ever been done? By Ace I mean?

There was a Friday night meet up on the east side recently.  Unfortunately, the member posted up only on Facebook, not here on the Forum.

It would be great if you would set up a sunset or night cruise! If you want help with the details, let me know!

• Upvote 1

ChainHeartMachine

So the format always seems to be:

Meet at gas station,

Drive to someplace that serves food, but has less driven / twisty roads to get to it.

Eat food, with me usually getting served last, but finishing first 

Cruise members find their own ways home.

Am I correct?

I thought maybe highway 88 (tortilla flats road) to where it joins highway 188 would be cool, but I guess highway 88 is a dirt road. I'll keep looking for possible routes 

21 hours ago, ChainHeartMachine said:

That’s because you’re doing it wrong…..
Drive faster,  Eat slower

The advantage of Sonic was we got to hang around the cars. 
Is there any other drive-in type place around ?

I recall us getting together at the Sonic in Tolleson a couple years back.  There a couple others out here on the westside - Indian School & 99th Ave, N Central in Avondale.  They seem to be ok with cars gathering in their parking areas.

When I belonged to a GTO club, we used to meet at the Sonic at the intersection of Litchfield Rd and Glendale Ave. The one by 99th and Indian School is a PIA to get out of.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:30 AM, ChainHeartMachine said:

So the format always seems to be:

Meet at gas station,

Drive to someplace that serves food, but has less driven / twisty roads to get to it.

Cruise members find their own ways home.

Am I correct?

I thought maybe highway 88 (tortilla flats road) to where it joins highway 188 would be cool, but I guess highway 88 is a dirt road. I'll keep looking for possible routes 

Basically, yes. :smilelol You could try eating slower than you drive. . . :bolt:

You are correct that part of Tortilla Flats Road is still dirt.  However, the cruise out to Tortilla Flats, or to where the pavement ends and turn around is still a nice short cruise. 

Suggestion on the westside, west on I-10, north on Vulture Mine Road to Wickenburg.

For a longer drive, from Wickenburg, go west on US60 to Aguila, then Hwy 71 looping back east to Congress, then pick up 89 back to Wickenburg for food. 

Also west, from Verrado, take old US80 to Gila Bend for dinner at Little Italy.

Eastside, through Cave Creek/Carefree out to Bartlett lake and return to Cave Creek for dinner (this is a great cruise on a full moon night).

Eastside, north from Fountain Hills on Hwy 87, then down Bush highway past Saguaro lake to somewhere on the eastside for dinner.

Just some suggestions. . .

ChainHeartMachine
On 1/30/2023 at 9:49 AM, Chameleon said:

Basically, yes. :smilelol You could try eating slower than you drive. . . :bolt:

You are correct that part of Tortilla Flats Road is still dirt.  However, the cruise out to Tortilla Flats, or to where the pavement ends and turn around is still a nice short cruise. 

Suggestion on the westside, west on I-10, north on Vulture Mine Road to Wickenburg.

For a longer drive, from Wickenburg, go west on US60 to Aguila, then Hwy 71 looping back east to Congress, then pick up 89 back to Wickenburg for food. 

Also west, from Verrado, take old US80 to Gila Bend for dinner at Little Italy.

Eastside, through Cave Creek/Carefree out to Bartlett lake and return to Cave Creek for dinner (this is a great cruise on a full moon night).

Eastside, north from Fountain Hills on Hwy 87, then down Bush highway past Saguaro lake to somewhere on the eastside for dinner.

Just some suggestions. . .

These all sound interesting! I'll check them out! Does it pretty much have to be on a Saturday night or Maybe Sunday night?