New ACE logo

Desertdawg

So here's the poop... After dealing with the Tucson group over the name ( Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts ) and seeing the need to go ahead and trademark our name and a logo. There was some discussion about using the AZ flag and the cartoon vettes on it. We just borrowed the vettes (i.e. stole). So Phil and I decided it would be better to draw up a new logo for several reasons.

After about a week of working on it. (yeah the pron time was limited) what you see below is the outcome. We went through about a dozen different layouts. and idea's. To us this was the best.

Yeah it's a single color, but this should make some really nice shirts, hats, stickers/window decals, and cards.

We can go with the simple circle design, or the circle with the checkered flags.

Solid center club for shirts, etc...

Logo%201.jpg

3D center club for cards, decals, web, etc...

Logo%202.jpg

Logo%203.jpg

Logo%204.jpg

Please feel free to post your thoughts.... Management will deal with the dissidents in a very harsh manner!!! :D

I vote for #1 (top). It is clean and simple but gets the name across. The extra flags are too busy and don't really serve a purpose.

I like the idea....if you do end up going with the checkered flag version, I don't see the need for the 3D Center...looks like overkill. I do prefer the checkered flag versions though...

# 3 is good. So now we all get new shirts to replace the defunk logo ones. :bang:devil

You just got to have flags. :agree

T-Shirt with #1 on the upper left front and large logo centered on the back. I want one!

:agree Front and back a must! :yesnod Maybe #1 on front and #3 on back, or both #1.

# 3 is good. So now we all get new shirts to replace the defunk logo ones. :bang:devil

You just got to have flags. :agree

No, the old ones will be a badge of honor. You'll know who the real old timers are.

When I was on the PD they changed badges. It happened when women came into the occupation and the only change was the old one read "Phoenix Policeman" and the new ones read "Phoenix Police Officer". The old ones became valued because only rookies had the new ones.

#3 all the way...

Especially for window stickers...

And...they're ALL BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Shirt with #1 on the upper left front and large logo centered on the back. I want one!

:agree Front and back a must! :yesnod Maybe #1 on front and #3 on back, or both #1.

#1 on the front, #3 on the back....me likey!!!

Robert and Elizabeth

We like #1 on front and definitely #3 on back. Having a front and back would look best in our opinion. :yesnod We also think #3 would look best on business cards, stickers and whatever else you want to print it on.

Great job on the new logos Mods! :clap

Nice Logo :)

I know how tough it can be to express a club ideal in a simple graphic,

.. it's all good :)

I like the flags :)

DesertDawg: You asked about photoshop exp when we were chatting at the AZPS get together:

I had been doing Oil-on-canvas painting as a hobby, along with acrylics, air brush, ..and once upon a time I was part owner of a body chop up in Merced, CA. (not very long .. too much like *work* doin that for a living!)

I was earning a CAD Engineering degree at CAD Institute in 1992-3 ..got to the block they called 'visualization' ..where I was introduced to photoshop and 3d studio.

From there I was hired by Kesmai, as their lead artist for Air Warrior .. online WW2 air combat sim.. I built the models, texture mapped them, animated them, did logo's, icons, magazine covers, web art ..for 6 years.

Then I went to Papyrus Racing Games, worked as artist on their NASCAR 2000 and 2003 sim game.

From there I went to G-2 Interactive to work on Falcon V .. the next version of the F-16 sim called Falcon 4.0 ..all together about 10 years of Photoshop - 3d Studio/3dMax fun that paid very well .. just involved a lot of moving!

-Frank (so .. yer logo looks very good ..from a professional viewpoint :)

Guest Steve Mulvey

I like number one.

When printed on cards it should be in the middle with our names on the obverse, like this:

We can leave them on the hoods of drag race losers.... :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

I think it will be cheaper and easier to print #1 and I like the idea...

I like number one.

When printed on cards it should be in the middle with our names on the obverse, like this:

We can leave them on the hoods of drag race losers.... :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

:agree I've been handing out my own "playing card" version of the one below from both my bike and my 'vette lately. :devil

I ripped it from an old post here. I think new shirts and stuff would be cool with whatever you decide, including the new ACE logo playing card thing :bang Nice work! Put me down for an XXL, since this New Years diet is clearly a passing phase....

I like the new stuff, really don't care which...bummed we just bought two polos at the last lunch. :toetap

But it's all good. :thumbs

I like number three also for the new shirts.... I'm not too wild about the flowery stuff around the spade though.

Andrew