New Annual ACE Lunch

XxDoubledgexX

XxDoubledgexX

Where: J & T's Copper Penny Tavern    10765 W. Peoria Ave. Sun City, AZ 85351

When:  Sunday, March 13th 11:00 am -  ????

50/50 Raffle to benefit Alzheimer's 

Food and Drinks available for purchase

RSVP for head count - post up in this thread if you're in!

This is the attempt to make a new annual ACE get together, as we start the 21st year of ACE.  Those ACEholes who have been around for several years all miss the great BBQ which Dawg and his wife have done a great job for many years down in Gila Bend.  Some of you probably remember the high point of 102 Corvettes showing up for that event. . .  It's time to pass the torch along.  

We will have a roped off section for our Vettes and the parking lot is vette friendly. There will be food and adult beverages for purchase, Corvette Trivia for fun (show off how much YOU know), and a 50/50 raffle to benefit Alzheimers. This is a special and personal charity to me due to my mom battling this terrible disease.

Come by meet the ACE people you just “hear” about and show off the greatest American sports car the Corvette.

Wanting to start a new tradition would love to see the Corvette numbers from back in the day.

image.thumb.png.3511a4668cf45d712fccf01e57348291.png

NEW ANNUAL.pdf

IN:

HOXXOH (2)

mrhusker (2)

Chameleon (1)

Nitrobrother (1)

JohnU (2)

grumpyc7 (2)

NRS (1)

roneva (2)

rickety (2)

suprone (2)

1jester (2)

Eddie44 (2)

K.Scott (2)

aenigma (2)

• Like 1

It’s near home!

Unfortunately, that’s the start of the kids’ spring break and we’re heading to Canyon Lake to camp for several days.

I hope you have a good turnout!!

I have to work at Phoenix Raceway on the 13th. This our first of 2 race weekends the other being in Nov.

I'll be there to support Alzheimer's research, if I don't forget by then.

Can someone remind me on the 11th, 12th, and the morning of the 13th. Please!

• Like 1

I'll do my best to be there. Sunday works well as I'm having a pod delivered on the 12th. Maybe Grape will be ready by then too, otherwise I'll be with something else.

• Like 1

A little history for our new folks:

For 15 years we had an annual BBQ in Gila Bend, hosted by one of the founding members, Desertdawg and his wife Jammye (who did all the cooking). 

It grew and grew to the point where they couldn't do the cooking any more. 

It became a picnic in 2019, still in the same place around the same time of year.  Great cruise, great time for everyone to get together.

THEN CAME COVID - no picnic in 2020 or 2021.

Now it's 2022, and ACE is now in its 21st year as a Corvette (non) club. 

Because we don't have dues, rules, mandatory meetings and all the other usual "car club" crap, ACE operates solely on the enthusiasm and involvement of the members. 

Only YOU can make ACE great!

Hope to see our new members come out for this first annual lunch of the second 20 years! :ACE:

• Like 1

Put me down for 2. Wife said she'd like to visit with everyone too before we leave. Also, I checked on Grape this morning and he won't be ready by the weekend. So we won't be able to bring him out. Sorry.....

• Like 1

Put in 2 for me although I doubt I will be driving the vette although Tom just got it running again, it needs a lot more work to be trustworthy!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joeandgwen said:

Sadly Gwen and I cannot make it. Hoping to find time to see everyone soon. 

Hope to see you at the next one!

We have to stop by a car dealership to help my daughter get a new car Sunday morning. That will be at 10 am, but I did tell her we have to leave no later then 10:30 so I should be there shortly after 11 if not sooner. We will be there though fo'sho....

• Like 1