February 6, 2022 ACE SUNDAY Cruise and Lunch

Chameleon

On 1/18/2022 at 1:41 AM, tubadude said:

Put me down as a maybe. This one I won't have to get up stupid early. 

HA! That’s how I always feel about these things 😂

Today is the day I must give the restaurant in Gila Bend a headcount. If you are bailing on any portion of this event, but most especially the lunch at Little Italy, please tell me now so I can give the restaurant accurate information.

FWIW - those of you who know me personally know that I am retired from a career in public health, and I am certainly not in the business of promoting the spread of contagious pathogens.

Here is my two cents...If you are sick, stay home and away from other people until you are well.  If you are really sick, get medical help. 

Just like the flu and the common cold, having covid supposedly doesn't increase your immunity to catching it again.  People who have been vaccinated are catching it anyway. Both the flu and the common cold are contagious before you feel sick, just like covid. 

However, before covid, we didn't cower indoors all winter during flu season (which can turn into pneumonia and kill people, especially the elderly, which at this time is the population that has the most deaths from covid). 

I will be at the lunch. If you choose not to come, I respect your decision but request you let me know out of courtesy to the restaurant. Thank you.

Something has come up and we need to be back by 1PM, so we're gonna have to bow out. Have fun and say Hi to Dawg for us.

I tested positive for covid today so cancel Eva and me.  I think I caught it at the fountain hills lunch, but I am still positive today.  Sorry for the late cancellation.

11 minutes ago, roneva said:

I tested positive for covid today so cancel Eva and me.  I think I caught it at the fountain hills lunch, but I am still positive today.  Sorry for the late cancellation.

Thanks for letting me know. Get well soon!

Looks like I’m gunna have to pass!

Damn Covid has struck everyone in our circle! Can’t chance it. 

38 minutes ago, suprone said:

Looks like I’m gunna have to pass!

Damn Covid has struck everyone in our circle! Can’t chance it. 

:grphug: take care of each other, and get well soon! 

9 hours ago, Z-07 freak said:

Due to the construction on I-10 in that area, westbound has daily bumper-to-bumper back-ups from Verrado to as far back as 303.

:thumbs  I am aware, drive that way often. 

Sunday morning 9:30-10:00 shouldn't have that issue for folks getting to the Verrado exit for the meeting spot. 

We are NOT taking I-10 west when we leave towards Gila Bend - we are staying on the back roads. 

FYI - to anyone coming from the north down 303, and/or anyone wanting to avoid I-10 west of the 303, you can take loop 303, exit at Indian School Road, go west to Verrado Drive, then south on Verrado to the meeting spot. 

Look forward to seeing you all there! :ACE:

NateFamilyofFun

I am in with my sedan this time. Haven't seen the vettes in awhile so I am excited. we will do lunch too (total of 3)

1 hour ago, NateFamilyofFun said:

I am in with my sedan this time. Haven't seen the vettes in awhile so I am excited. we will do lunch too (total of 3)

:ACE:

We are going to love to meet up with you and will be there promptly at 9:30 we are new to this but very excited hope to meet a few of you personally thank you for the share

1 hour ago, K-im-me said:

We are going to love to meet up with you and will be there promptly at 9:30 we are new to this but very excited hope to meet a few of you personally thank you for the share

See you in the morning. :ACE:

• Upvote 1

Sorry we’re missing it. Thought the warranty work was going to be finished by Friday, but alas. Slackers. Marty Mcfly Jennifer GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

4 hours ago, theChad said:

Sorry we’re missing it. Thought the warranty work was going to be finished by Friday, but alas. Slackers. Marty Mcfly Jennifer GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Sorry you couldn't make it. :(  Next time!!!