Jan 22 fountain hills lunch

aenigma

Hella fun day!  I counted over 20 Corvettes at the restaurant.  And lots of rubber necking by people on I-10 as we were bombing our way east!

2 minutes ago, Nitrobrother said:

Hella fun day!  I counted over 20 Corvettes at the restaurant.  And lots of rubber necking by people on I-10 as we were bombing our way east!

i think we ended up with 22 vettes and 35 people. Nice turn out! 
it was a complete blast seeing everyone. Food was great too! 

Just so everyone knows, I called the restaurant 3 times to tell them about us. I got there with 30+ people behind me and I got the deer in the headlights look. They pulled out their reservation book and there we were. 
they scrambled to make sure we were accommodated but I did break a sweat for a second as im sure they did as I quickly scanned for tables and as they went to find the manager to figure out what to do. 
Their service was great and we all got to sit mostly together right away. I know stuff happens but they pulled it together very well and didn’t skimp on service, that was appreciated. 

I told Donna about a new guest couple I brought and it took her about 2 seconds to get up and go recruit. 😂 I believe she is the driving force to keeping this group active and going. I know I appreciate her because in my opinion, we are in the best and most fun Arizona corvette group. 

74E1CDE0-2E0E-498C-9FF8-3F3F25628C9F.jpeg

• Upvote 1

So, I guess I can take credit for having Donna our "ambassador" join ACE? :smilelolGood job Donna!

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2022 at 7:32 PM, aenigma said:

oh no. Hang in there, it’ll pass. Check in so we know you’re feeling better soon. 

the more the merrier! 

Doing much better now, thanks. Still a little residue to deal with but overall getting better everyday. Darci is still fighting the coughing part and when she can get over that I think the rest would follow soon after too. Pray it's over soon. This round really sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aenigma said:

I told Donna about a new guest couple I brought and it took her about 2 seconds to get up and go recruit. 😂 I believe she is the driving force to keeping this group active and going. I know I appreciate her because in my opinion, we are in the best and most fun Arizona corvette group. 

Thanks for the props, Mo! It's fun talking to new folks. I share your belief that we are the best and most fun Corvette group in Arizona. :ACE:

And, car groups are like a living organism - as old cells (members) leave, new ones have to be grown or the organism dies. . . :lol

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

So, I guess I can take credit for having Donna our "ambassador" join ACE? :smilelolGood job Donna!

Yes, you can!  Along with Joe (old yeller). . .you two made me (a woman gearhead all alone at the Pavs) feel welcome to join all those years ago. . . :smilelol

• Like 1

[quote]

3 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Yes, you can!  Along with Joe (old yeller). . .you two made me (a woman gearhead all alone at the Pavs) feel welcome to join all those years ago. . . :smilelol[/quote]

LMAO...I left the word "SOME" credit out, my bad. :thumbs It ALWAYS great to see Donna at a gathering, keep up the great recruiting work Donna. :cheers

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mo. :thumbs We always enjoy being with good people.

Stopped by the Fountain Hills (Bob Hope) Veterans Memorial as we left, which dredged up some 60-year old memories. :flag

Health check!  Lonnie started feeling a little bad last week. By Friday he thought he might have a sinus infection. We have at home Covid tests so he used one and was positive. We don’t go anywhere indoors with people, this lunch was it. A couple other members who were at this lunch got Covid around the same time as Lonnie. I have escaped it so far. It resembles a bad cold. So if you’ve had a cold last week, go get tested. I know you can get Covid anywhere and 6% of all Arizonans got it in January alone, but knowing we don’t have a life outside of ACE events, I’m assuming it was the restaurant. Maybe a server. 
It’s scared Lonnie and I back into our “if it’s indoors we aren’t going” feeling for awhile. 
I hope you’re all doing well! 

Thanks Mo, so far I'm OK. Hope everyone is doing OK and that Lonnie mends quickly. :thumbs No more indoor events for me for a while.

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

Thanks Mo, so far I'm OK. Hope everyone is doing OK and that Lonnie mends quickly. :thumbs No more indoor events for me for a while.

it was a little too close to home for us. But I have no issues with outdoor anything, seating or whatever. Just going to check the ventilation of the restaurant first for awhile. We’ve gone to restaurants and sat outside. No issues. I can’t be a hermit, just staying safe. Glad we’re doing the gila bend cruise. That’s some nice outdoor driving time. 

By Wednesday Susie was having chest pain so off to theER we went.  Thank God it was not a heart issue.  We werein the ER waiting room filled with sick people, most on IVs for six hours! At 9:30pm they decided they wanted to admit her but since they wouldn’t have a room till the next morning, we went home. We both cought colds, what a surprise! Saw my GP Friday morning, got tested for covid, strep, and flu…all negative. Geeezzzzz!

• Like 1

I hope all recover quickly.

I wish they could get this stuff under control or give us the truth about COVID......:deadhorse

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, old yeller said:

I hope all recover quickly.

I wish they could get this stuff under control or give us the truth about COVID......:deadhorse

i sure feel like it’s one giant whack a mole game. 

• Like 2

Praying you all, whoever gets this crap, that it's not to bad for you. We are much better thankfully. I'm pretty much over it but the wife is still working on it. 3 weeks for her now and it took me right at 2+ weeks to kick it.

4 hours ago, HarleyPat said:

By Wednesday Susie was having chest pain so off to theER we went.  Thank God it was not a heart issue.  We werein the ER waiting room filled with sick people, most on IVs for six hours! At 9:30pm they decided they wanted to admit her but since they wouldn’t have a room till the next morning, we went home. We both cought colds, what a surprise! Saw my GP Friday morning, got tested for covid, strep, and flu…all negative. Geeezzzzz!

Oof, that sucks!  Hope you are both on the mend!