WTB: 69-72 T-Top, big block or LT-1

Timmert

Hi all,

I'm new to the area and starting to settle in. Looking for a chrome bumper C3 to enjoy the nice winter weather here. 

1970 big block would be the ultimate car for me because of the high compression engine and eggcrate grills. 4 speed manual would be nice, but I'm not ruling out automatics.

Big fan of Green, Blue, Black, Red and Silver, but again no hard requirements there.

As for condition: as good as I can get. Don't have too much spare time to do repairs or restorations, prefer to drive it!

Budget is $40k max.

If you have any leads for me it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

7 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Welcome from Avondale and good luck with the hunt.

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/TPA/2064/1972-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray

Thanks!

That one is indeed on my shortlist.

Love the color and sidepipes!

I've found 3 for sale locally, a 350, an LT-1 and a 454, so going to take a look at all this Saturday. From there I hope to decide on exact specs to narrow down the search..

11 hours ago, Timmert said:

Thanks!

That one is indeed on my shortlist.

Love the color and sidepipes!

I've found 3 for sale locally, a 350, an LT-1 and a 454, so going to take a look at all this Saturday. From there I hope to decide on exact specs to narrow down the search..

Great! I was trying to find you a big block but there were also a ton of 350's with auto's out there. I bought my wife a 78' L82 for Xmas a few years back and it had an auto trans. Had to upgrade the trans to a 700R4 just to get the RPMs down at highway speed. Her car was turning 3500rpm @70 now it turns roughly 2400-2500@75.  Here's another place to look. I've been there as it's within 30 min of where I grew up and they only carry quality cars.

https://proteamcorvette.com/

5 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Great! I was trying to find you a big block but there were also a ton of 350's with auto's out there. I bought my wife a 78' L82 for Xmas a few years back and it had an auto trans. Had to upgrade the trans to a 700R4 just to get the RPMs down at highway speed. Her car was turning 3500rpm @70 now it turns roughly 2400-2500@75.  Here's another place to look. I've been there as it's within 30 min of where I grew up and they only carry quality cars.

https://proteamcorvette.com/

Thank you!
They have some really nice (and really expensive) cars on their site, I'll keep an eye on it.

There's this one is Scottsdale, looks great but I'd have to drive it to see if I like the TH400 automatic.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Timmert said:

What do you make of the frame / underside of that car? 
There are only a few pictures, seems like it's just some surface rust / wear?
I was just surprised that they restored that entire car, but not the frame.

The chassis looks normal for a 50 yr old car, nothing to be worried about. The car in Scottsdale looks good too but I don't think you are gonna like the auto trans as I stated earlier unless you change it. It cost me about $5k to upgrade to the 700R4 and if you do that, I would recommend dropping a few more bucks to have the trans beefed up as they can't take more than about 400 ft/lbs of torque in stock form.

22 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

The chassis looks normal for a 50 yr old car, nothing to be worried about. The car in Scottsdale looks good too but I don't think you are gonna like the auto trans as I stated earlier unless you change it. It cost me about $5k to upgrade to the 700R4 and if you do that, I would recommend dropping a few more bucks to have the trans beefed up as they can't take more than about 400 ft/lbs of torque in stock form.

Thanks for the advice! I'm planning to go look at the blue one this weekend, hopefully take it for a test drive to see how it feels.
I've noticed I'm a sucker for green C3's, so I might have to grab a flight to Florida sometime soon 😉

1 hour ago, Timmert said:

Thanks for the advice! I'm planning to go look at the blue one this weekend, hopefully take it for a test drive to see how it feels.
I've noticed I'm a sucker for green C3's, so I might have to grab a flight to Florida sometime soon 😉

cool

• 2 weeks later...