New member, first Corvette on the way!

Timmert

Hi all,

I'm Tim, living on the West side of the Valley.

Recently bought my first Corvette!

Currently setting up shipping from Florida, so it'll be a couple of weeks before it arrives in Phoenix. 

Here's another sneak preview 🥰

Will post additional pictures later!

I'll be keeping an eye on the event pages here, would love to take the car to a drive in or cruise night, although Tempe / Scottsdale is a bit far for me.

Cheers,

Tim

1703DA72-8E90-4E72-9D6D-3264119B7D56.jpeg

E21D5458-1C49-4554-80CB-999B8EB46403.jpeg

We have a lunch cruise coming up on Dec 4th. Hopefully your car will be here by then and ready to cruise with us.

Welcome to ACE, that C3 is going to be pretty cool. I'm on the other side of the world compared to you. I'm as far east and south in Mesa as one can get.

6 hours ago, Extender32 said:

We have a lunch cruise coming up on Dec 4th. Hopefully your car will be here by then and ready to cruise with us.

Hope so, but doubt it! 

1 hour ago, mrhusker said:

Welcome to ACE, that C3 is going to be pretty cool. I'm on the other side of the world compared to you. I'm as far east and south in Mesa as one can get.

Ah yep, Phoenix is really frickin big when driving around 😅

I have some low quality pictures from the ad, and a couple from inside the garage that I took when I bought it. 

As soon as it rolled out into the daylight I completely forgot to take pics. Guess that's what the C3's lines do to my brain 😬

D5368589-4CD6-41C0-BDD7-F5F1B79A3947.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Timmert said:

As soon as it rolled out into the daylight I completely forgot to take pics. Guess that's what the C3's lines do to my brain 😬

D5368589-4CD6-41C0-BDD7-F5F1B79A3947.jpeg

^^^ I totally understand that!

Hey Tim, welcome and congrats on the new purchase.  I bought a 66 L72 Roadster from Florida about 5 months ago and it was an uphill battle to get any of the big transport companies to commit to picking it up for me.

I've used Reliable and Intercity Transport a couple times in the past but after weeks of waiting I started to look around for someone else to haul it, enclosed transport that is.

I ran across a guy who hauls cars for one of the specialty car shops down in the Valley and although they didn't do interstate transport, they did have a recommendation and it wound up being a custom shop down in Mesa that had a trip planned to haul customers cars back to Virginia and Kentucky and then they made a trip down to The Villages to pick up my roadster.  The husband/wife team both have their CDL's so one drives the other sleeps and they picked up the Vette at 9PM on a Saturday and were offloading it here in Prescott the following Monday at 1PM.  Cost was about the same as the big companies.  If you have any problems getting someone to commit to hauling your new Vette, PM me and I'll pass on the info on the folks I used.

And, maybe next year around late September, you'll come up with the other ACES folks to our Annual Corvette Show here in Prescott.

Mike T - Prescott AZ

22 minutes ago, Vet65te said:

Hey Tim, welcome and congrats on the new purchase.  I bought a 66 L72 Roadster from Florida about 5 months ago and it was an uphill battle to get any of the big transport companies to commit to picking it up for me.

I've used Reliable and Intercity Transport a couple times but after weeks of waiting I started to look around for someone else to haul it, enclosed transport that is.

I ran across a guy who hauls cars for one of the specialty car shops down in the Valley and although they didn't do interstate transport, they did have a recommendation and it wound up being a custom shop down in Mesa that had a trip planned to haul customers cars back to Virginia and Kentucky and then they made a trip down to The Villages to pick up my roadster.  The husband/wife team both have their CDL's so one drives the other sleeps and they picked up the Vette at 9PM on a Saturday and were offloading it here in Prescott the following Monday at 1PM.  Cost was about the same as the big companies.  If you have any problems getting someone to commit to hauling your new Vette, PM me and I'll pass on the info on the folks I used.

And, maybe next year around late September, you'll come up with the other ACES folks to our Annual Corvette Show here in Prescott.

Mike T - Prescott AZ

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the tip!

The previous owner had great connections at Reliable, so they're bringing the car over. They said it'll be a 2 week timeframe to get it here.

I hope they'll make it, weather is so nice right now!

Tim - as they say, 'timing is everything'.  At the time a few months ago, I was hoping to go with Intercity or Reliable, who brought home my 65 396 Roadster a couple years ago but all the big outfits were quite busy at the time, so I had to look elsewhere and it worked out well but have to admit, I had some initial reservations using a small company for this haul.  

I'm sure Reliable will bring it to you in perfect shape.  Do post up some pics of it arriving.

Mike T - Prescott AZ

33 minutes ago, Dave64 said:

Awrite!!!  Now, ya gotta get her out so we can see her in the flesh.

Absolutely!

Just need to get registration done before she's ready 🤘