West Side Gathering

Dave64

I've heard that some folks are interested in re-instituting our west side cars & coffee gathering.  I will take-on coordinating such a gathering with the powers-that-be at the Basha's parking lot where we met before, if there is interest.  If anyone has ideas on how we can make this fun or preferred days, let me know.  Please post ideas here, or text me @ 623.326.0251.

I enjoyed going to that. It did gather a pretty good crowd of vettes, some clubs even from the east side came to it.

Would attend again.

On 10/30/2021 at 12:15 PM, Dave64 said:

I've heard that some folks are interested in re-instituting our west side cars & coffee gathering.  I will take-on coordinating such a gathering with the powers-that-be at the Basha's parking lot where we met before, if there is interest.  If anyone has ideas on how we can make this fun or preferred days, let me know.  Please post ideas here, or text me @ 623.326.0251.

I might be interested occasionally, but since I don't know which Basha's parking lot where you met before or what time of the day/week/month the previous schedule happened, it makes it hard to commit or comment. I'm guessing that all the newer members have the same questions.

4 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

I might be interested occasionally, but since I don't know which Basha's parking lot where you met before or what time of the day/week/month the previous schedule happened, it makes it hard to commit or comment. I'm guessing that all the newer members have the same questions.

This was held in the parking lot at the Northeast corner of Dysart and Camelback, Saturday morning once a month. Which Saturday is (I think) still TBD if/when this starts up again...

@Dave64 prior history has shown that, similar to the field of dreams, "if you build it, he (in this case, they) will come." It may take a few months, but if you set it up, some will show, and then the longer it is established, the attendance will grow.

Go for it! :ACE:

I spoke with the Bashas' manager yesterday morning about us resurrecting our monthly event in their parking lot.  He told me they have no problem with it (I have email confirmation).  So, how about we re-start our monthly event as follows:

Bashas' Parking Lot, northeast corner of North Dysart Road and West Camelback Road, 3rd Saturday of each month, from 7:00am ~ 9:00am.

Corvette-specific, though the occasional other exotic would be ok?  I don't believe we are interested in this becoming a cruise-in for all kinds of cars.

I added our event to the Cruisin' AZ website, also.

So, the first Post-Pandemic ACE gathering will be held November 20...spread the word.