NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Blow the cobwebs out of your car!

chas4570

If you are tired of seeing dust settle on your Corvette and the battery tender light flashing at you, have I got a deal for you.  Get ready to put a smile on your face and burn that old gas out of the car.  

On 27FEB2021, at 4:00 P.M. Phoenix Raceway is hosting a drive on the track event.  

For a paltry $25.00 donation per car, you and your Corvette will experience the thrill of driving five laps on the racetrack following a pace car.  What can be better than having fun with your car while still maintaining social distancing and doing this with a group of friends.  

What makes this even better is that ALL proceeds benefit Arizona Accelerator Charities/Track Laps for Charities who support under privileged children as well as children of military families. A big WIN WIN for everyone.  

So, start exercising that right foot, clean that pretty ride and let's have us some fun!

Meet up place is: Circle K at 11450 W. Southern Ave. in Tolleson.  NE corner Avondale Blvd and Southern Ave at 3:00 P.M.  We will leave at 3:30 P.M. to make the short drive to the track.  We will be registered as a group, with ten to twelve cars on the track at one time.  BYO snacks and drinks.

19FEB2021 is headcount day so plan to get out of the house and post up!  What a way to get those pesky flat spots worked out of the tires.

Post up here if you're in!

Chas and Annie

Roneva

MrHusker

Race Fans Can Drive the Track at Phoenix Raceway’s Track Laps for Charity on February 27

January 19, 2021

Proceeds to Support Arizona Accelerator Charities

On Saturday, February 27, race fans throughout the Valley will get the chance to drive their personal vehicles around the 1-mile oval at Phoenix Raceway. For a donation of $25 to Arizona Accelerator Charities, guests will get to experience firsthand the host track of the 2021 NASCAR Championship Weekend from the comfort of their own vehicles with their friends and family in a safe and socially distanced manner.

“Last fall’s Track Laps for Charity event was an incredible success and almost immediately fans were asking when we plan to host it again,” said Phoenix Raceway President Julie Giese. “We’re excited to once again provide this one-of-a-kind experience while also raising funds that will go directly back into our communities through local organizations that make such a positive impact for those in need.”

All funds raised will support Arizona Accelerator Charities, a 501(c)(3) donor-advised fund under The NASCAR Foundation. Arizona Accelerator Charities’ mission is to accelerate the development of children in Arizona by supporting education, children and families of our military and military veterans, and life enrichment programs for children and families in our community.

For their $25 donation, fans will get to experience five paced laps around Phoenix Raceway. Pre-registration online is encouraged and fans can secure their spot now by visiting PhoenixRaceway.com/TrackLaps.

Additional information and rules include:

• We ask that COVID & Track waivers are printed in advance and brought to the event (sent via email following your purchase and also at PhoenixRaceway.com/TrackLaps).
  • COVID & Track waivers must be signed in person (with personal writing utensil) at the event in the presence of track personnel.
  • All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicles.
  • No public restrooms available.
  • Vehicle MUST be street legal. Motorcycles, rental cars, ATVs, golf carts and/or large capacity vehicles (15 passenger vans & buses) will not be permitted to drive the track.
  • Drivers must be 18 years or older and valid driver’s license & insurance required upon arrival.
  • Minors in vehicle must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian.

Dammit!!!  I sure would luv to do this, but am already committed to helping the Boy Scouts carry out their annual races in Litchfield Park😭

I just realized it's on the 27th and not on the 20th, disregard my previous statement.

Do we pre-purchase now or should we wait until we get there? I tried to purchase mine but it says to create an account with the raceway. Not sure I need another account out there I won't use again but if I have to I will.

So just so I’m not misundertaken, all I have to do is show up with my money $25.00, all waivers will be at the track to be signed then take the track and enjoy? No helmet needed, no fire suit?

If that’s the case I’m in! 
Only I can’t be there! But...

My sons will be!

My old C5 will be driven by my son “Gino”, (Suprone),

my other son “Emilio” will be driving my C6 (ZUPERMN).

And as a special guest my sons buddy will be driving his newly acquired C6, “Daniel”. Should be a blast! It shouldn’t be hard to find them as all three are Torch Red! As they should be.

Okay all, I SUGGEST WAITING FOR THE ORGANIZER (chas4570) OF THIS EVENT TO POST UP!!!

Chas was working directly with racetrack staff for ACE to participate as a group, with no advance registration required by ACE peeps who are participating.

Maybe it is sold out, but based on what I was told, publicly posted information may not apply to ACE.

Please don't jump to conclusions until you hear the facts from Chas.

I should clarify... I wasn't sure on how registration would go. I assumed we still needed to register on our own, but the racetrack would coordinate so we could be together on the track. 

That said, I have already paid and registered with the track, but have always planned on attending it with the group. 

I know 1 Sik GS is in the same boat. We work together and registered at the same time.

Well, this is apparently not going to happen for the group.  My contact Shelly told me to have the waivers signed by the group and when we showed up, she would register us as a group.  Yes, all spaces are sold and she forgot about us coming in on Saturday.  

I am very sorry this did not take place.  I did what was told to me, apparently not good enough.  

My deepest and sincerest apologies to every one of you that wanted to attend.

Chas

21 minutes ago, chas4570 said:

Well, this is apparently not going to happen for the group.  My contact Shelly told me to have the waivers signed by the group and when we showed up, she would register us as a group.  Yes, all spaces are sold and she forgot about us coming in on Saturday.  

I am very sorry this did not take place.  I did what was told to me, apparently not good enough.  

My deepest and sincerest apologies to every one of you that wanted to attend.

Chas

You might want to PM the folks that posted up to attend with the news that the deal is off.  Just hover your mouse over their profile name and a window will pop up and give the option to send them a message. 

Too bad, sounded like a fun deal, sorry it didn't work out

Chas,

Thanks for your efforts!    👍

I've got a Nascar crazy friend staying in town who planned on going home Monday against the wishes of his girlfriend.  I told him if he stayed one more week, I'd let him drive my Vette around the track.  I almost had him!

I don't know if anyone else scored a ticket, but I and 1 Sik GS will still be meeting at 3:00 at Circle K. Hopefully, some other folks will make it. 

Really appreciate you putting in the effort Chas to make this work. We'll know for next time for sure. I would love to be able to do this someday.