NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Just Not What I Had In Mind

nort99

The normal person can't get access to it. There is a guy on CF by the name of GMautotech. Just PM him with your VIN and he'll provide you with all kinds of info. In addition to the born on date he can tell you if your's has had any work (warranty or not) at a GM dealer, where it was originally shipped and what the accessories were.

Thanks Eddie

Eddie I got the info from the guy you said. Sent me a bunch of stuff. Including the claim history. Looks like on 6/05/2006 They had inspected and injected foam adhesive into the roof panel. At that time it had 11901 miles on it.

Got all the papers Eddie thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Mike

Robert and Elizabeth
Well it sounds like you're taking it a LOT better than I would!! I'm mad as hell and it's not even my car!!

:toetap

Does someone need a hug????

Guest UVETTYA

Well it sounds like you're taking it a LOT better than I would!! I'm mad as hell and it's not even my car!!

:yesnod

:lol:lol

:yesnod

:lol:lol

Are you working to much to tells us just how much you like you new power or what. Besides that it bring a smile to your face. I havn't heard much. You were being talked about today at lunch and everyone was wondering how you really like it? :toetap

Guest UVETTYA
Are you working to much to tells us just how much you like you new power or what. Besides that it bring a smile to your face. I havn't heard much. You were being talked about today at lunch and everyone was wondering how you really like it? :toetap

I thought my ears were burning!! :huh

Thanks for asking Mike. I REALLY like it! The car is a totally different car now. It's a little hard to start out from a light with the grabby clutch and lumpy cam, and I can't putt around in 5th or 6th below about 1600 rpm or it starts bucking. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just different. <snicker> I love it. I really have to "drive" the car now.

I tend to garner a little attention at stoplights. I see people looking around to see where that lumpy rumble is coming from and little old ladies out here in Sun City sneer at me. :smilelol

The car is taking some getting used to and I've said oh shit a couple times already. :lol I can start out easy in 1st and just a little squeeze of the loud pedal breaks them loose. If I short shift to second and ease it down to keep traction, at WOT and about 4K rpm it comes on and breaks them loose. :lol Cruising along about 3K rpm in 2nd or 3rd, a little slip of the clutch will break them loose and literally melt them all the way to red line.

What FUN!! :lol:lol:lol

I need tires!! :lol

• 2 months later...
The normal person can't get access to it. There is a guy on CF by the name of GMautotech. Just PM him with your VIN and he'll provide you with all kinds of info. In addition to the born on date he can tell you if your's has had any work (warranty or not) at a GM dealer, where it was originally shipped and what the accessories were.

Can you give me more info on reaching this guy I'd like to find out more about my "80"

also would like to find out how many red on red L82's were done that yr

Can you give me more info on reaching this guy I'd like to find out more about my "80"

First, have you been to Corvetteforum.com? If not go there and sign up. PM GMAutoTech with your VIN and ask what info he can get you. He is very understanding and helpful. I'm not sure how far back their computer records go.

As for how many red on red L82's I don't think you'll find that specific info. You can find how many red, how many red interiors and how many L82's but GM doesn't keep or won't release specific combinations. I know from experience. I had a wht over blk C5 Convertible. As far as I could ever determine it was the only one made in 02 but nowhere could I find specific confirmation of that.

Corvette Black Book Link is another great source of production info. I have a copy if anyone wants production figures just PM me.

First, have you been to Corvetteforum.com? If not go there and sign up. PM GMAutoTech with your VIN and ask what info he can get you. He is very understanding and helpful. I'm not sure how far back their computer records go.

As for how many red on red L82's I don't think you'll find that specific info. You can find how many red, how many red interiors and how many L82's but GM doesn't keep or won't release specific combinations. I know from experience. I had a wht over blk C5 Convertible. As far as I could ever determine it was the only one made in 02 but nowhere could I find specific confirmation of that.

thanks for info....will check things out when I have time....It's nice meeting other vette owners.....this is my first and hope not my last vette.....wanted one since I was 16...waited until I was nearly 60...lol...OHHH the fun I've missed......maybe will see some of you in the valley this summer...thanks again :thumbs