Prescott Christmas Parade.

chas4570

🇺🇸  With everything going on with the virus, etc., probably not a good idea to follow through with this.  See you all down the road sometime.  Chas                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Saturday, 5DEC, Prescott will be hosting the annual Christmas Parade and Courthouse Lighting.  Annie and I have spent the weekend up there and this is a hoot.  The parade takes 1.5-2 hours to run, starts at 1:00 P.M. with staging at 12:00P.M.  The parade starts down past Murphy's, comes up around the Courthouse and finishes up at the other end of Whiskey Row.  The staging location makes it convenient  to walk to the Brown Bag or other dining spots such as Two Mammas" Pizza, our favorite.  A $30.00 entry fee would accommodate ten cars.  There have been some other car groups like Model A/T, off road and convertibles.  There has not been any Corvettes the last three or four years.  The crowd watching the parade really got wound up seeing the few Corvettes that were there that year.   As each group passes the grand stand, the group prepared info sheet is read to the crowd.

Annie and I always have a room at the Hassayampa Inn.  I would think the group would meet at the McDonalds on Carefree Highway, east of I17 and drive up I17.  Coming in the long way thru Wickenburg would be more difficult since several streets in Prescott will be blocked off.

If you have never attended the Courthouse lighting, it is truly awesome as well.  All the kids in the audience are invited to be on the steps of the Courthouse.  The story of the birth of Jesus is narrated with the kids singing Christmas carols that coincide with different parts of the story.  When completed, all the lights on the Courthouse and surrounding trees are turned on simultaneously.  Really beautiful to experience.  Courthouse festivities start at 6:00 P.M. allowing time to do some shopping and grabbing a bite to eat.

If this becomes a go, I would appreciate teaming up with someone such as Donna to put together the mission statement for the group that would be read.

Thanks for your time and post up if interested.

Chas:thumbs