NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Here's The Proof!

Eddie44

:party

It's confirmed :D .

Very nice Eddie!! Nothing looks better than a black Vette when polished up :bang .

Since it is an 06......did the dealer already apply the roof adhesive per the recall?

I was told it was manufactured after the defect was discovered so the recall didn't apply to this one. We'll see :toetap

The early 07's received the triple bonding (not SMC roof), but to my knowledge all 05-06 were in the recall. They did not switch over to the SMC tops until after the 07's had already started production.

I had my roof foamed last week at Freeway Chevy and I had no signs of delam....however MadMax took his in and they ordered him a new roof (SMC).....and throughout the summer we checked our tops together and we never saw any signs of delam, but his failed the test and mine didn't.

Not trying to scare you, but I would double check. This summer we don't want you to become a member of the FRC (Flying Roof Club). roofblow.gif

I appreciate that Purdue and I am going to have them double check. I had someone on the CF run the VIN in the GM system and it gave me the born on date 5-30-06 which I believe is right in the middle of them discovering the roof problem. It also shows no indication of a repair being done which it would even if it was done prior to sale.

From new member Major I understand the dealership is excellent at following up after the sale. I'm going to put some pressure on for an accurate answer to the question.

I appreciate that Purdue and I am going to have them double check. I had someone on the CF run the VIN in the GM system and it gave me the born on date 5-30-06 which I believe is right in the middle of them discovering the roof problem. It also shows no indication of a repair being done which it would even if it was done prior to sale.

From new member Major I understand the dealership is excellent at following up after the sale. I'm going to put some pressure on for an accurate answer to the question.

Ours was born on 5-31-06 and is the last day for the old style epoxied roof. The improved ones started production on 6-1-06. I got this info directly from GM. We havent had any roof problems though...knock on wood...Nice new ride, congrats.

Congrats she very Pretty...............can't wait to see her....

I want one.... :wub