• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

• nort99

Mike (AZP&S),

Check this LINK. If you scroll down, there is a part about cutting/grinding some material off. Is this what you were talking about???? If so..OMG!!!! :ack

Girls in college ehh? :devil

You couldn't afford either of them, so don't even think about it!!! :devil

Lemme guess Mike, I have to cut this off???? :eek:ack

This2.jpg

This.jpg

Man alive, if so, that's kind of a scary concept!!!!

I know this needs to be done...I had oil residue everywhere, especially in my old intake. The intake I got from Tim had a bit inside it too! :U

So what's the best way to do this without making a big huge mess and dropping shavings in the cam (yes, I know cover it up), but how about a good "trick?" :bang

BTW Tim, I have your old intake all put together and ready to slap on. :thumbs

I know this needs to be done...I had oil residue everywhere, especially in my old intake. The intake I got from Tim had a bit inside it too! :U

That's why you were running so slow! You were running diesel in that thing. :lol:lol

That's why you were running so slow! You were running diesel in that thing. :lol:lol

I tell you what, I think once this is all done...I'm going to see some dramatic power increases. If I took those blue rags out you'd see how dirty those intake wells are... :U

I'm going to run Techron/injector cleaner through this thing for the next several months and hope a bunch of that stuff cleans out.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Mike (AZP&S),

Check this LINK. If you scroll down, there is a part about cutting/grinding some material off. Is this what you were talking about???? If so..OMG!!!! :ack

It takes 5 minutes :)

Lemme guess Mike, I have to cut this off???? :eek:ack

This2.jpg

This.jpg

Man alive, if so, that's kind of a scary concept!!!!

So what's the best way to do this without making a big huge mess and dropping shavings in the cam (yes, I know cover it up), but how about a good "trick?" :bang

BTW Tim, I have your old intake all put together and ready to slap on. :thumbs

Use a large towel to cover it, and mighty vac it out before removing the towel

I tell you what, I think once this is all done...I'm going to see some dramatic power increases. If I took those blue rags out you'd see how dirty those intake wells are... :U

I'm going to run Techron/injector cleaner through this thing for the next several months and hope a bunch of that stuff cleans out.

That stuff is junk... go to a chevy dealership and ask for "GM Top End Cleaner". its about 9 bucks a bottle and will work WONDERS! do NOT get the spray in... get the open top container and get a brake bleeder line.. .at this point c all me and I will stop by your house and help you, its very easy to do :)

Mike (AZP&S),

OK, I'm gonna see if I can find one of those little hand held hacksaws tomorrow (I don't want a lot of flying metal) and finish it up with the dremel to clean it up.

Wish me luck everyone. :chris

What time on Tuesday do you think you'll have the new plate in?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Mike (AZP&S),

OK, I'm gonna see if I can find one of those little hand held hacksaws tomorrow and finish it up with the dremel to clean it up.

Wish me luck everyone. :chris

What time on Tuesday do you think you'll have the new plate in?

early afternoon

More progress...and a few other details

Mike (AZP&S), please tell me this is enough taken off!!!

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Also, I read something about plugging off the old PCV system? If so this is no longer required correct?

Picture010.jpg

Guest AZ Power & Sound
More progress...and a few other details

Mike (AZP&S), please tell me this is enough taken off!!!

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Also, I read something about plugging off the old PCV system? If so this is no longer required correct?

Picture010.jpg

We generally take it all the way flush both on the bottom and the side just for safety... if you need any help im happy to stop by!

Far as the old PCV, you just need to take a razor blade and cut hose around the small cap that goes in the drivers side valve cover, pull it out of the hose, then stick a rubber vacuum cap on it to seal it, then on the passanger side, put a cap on the rear breather, then connect the front one back to the intake. you have a new piece that will connect the intake manifold to the new cover!

We generally take it all the way flush both on the bottom and the side just for safety... if you need any help im happy to stop by!

Far as the old PCV, you just need to take a razor blade and cut hose around the small cap that goes in the drivers side valve cover, pull it out of the hose, then stick a rubber vacuum cap on it to seal it, then on the passanger side, put a cap on the rear breather, then connect the front one back to the intake. you have a new piece that will connect the intake manifold to the new cover!

The bold statement kind of confused me. (no comments from the peanut gallery :lol ) I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Do you have any pics of one?

I'll see about taking more of that metal down too then.

BTW, thanks for all your help. :yesnod

Confused or not, 3 pages just to change an oil pressure switch.... would you hurry up!!!

This has gone far beyond the oil pressure switch. :D

I also don't get my last part until Tuesday. :bang

OK, Mike (AZP&S)...I think I have enough of it gone...now just need parts.

Picture011.jpg

Also guys...here is a testament to the amount of oil that can get in our intakes...and Tim, the one I got from you had quite a bit in it as well.

Before...

Picture012-1.jpg

After....

Picture013-1.jpg

Guest AZ Power & Sound

The bold statement kind of confused me. (no comments from the peanut gallery :lol ) I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Do you have any pics of one?

I'll see about taking more of that metal down too then.

BTW, thanks for all your help. :yesnod

The PCV hose is hard plastic, so the end cap wont just pop out... you have to put a slit in it with a razor blade so you can pull it out! I will try to snap a pic. It is just the small piece that sticks into the driver side valve cover

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Ok, I got ya on that part...now what about this part I found on the web.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Which way do I go with this part?

BTW, is Noon too early to stop by on Tuesday?

Ignore link 1 and two, thats not a good idea

link 3 is a part im just giving you that I had laying around

Cap off the rear tube on the passanger valve cover and run the front like it was before

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Cap off the rear tube on the passanger valve cover and run the front like it was before

Guess I'll have to talk you about this when/if my parts come in.

The way you made it sound before was that I'd basically be capping off all 3 that come from the valve covers.

My mistake, just re-read your other post.:)

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Guess I'll have to talk you about this when/if my parts come in.

The way you made it sound before was that I'd basically be capping off all 3 that come from the valve covers.

My mistake, just re-read your other post.:)

Maybe a new pair of reading glasses are do.. :D :D

Guest AZ Power & Sound
NO JOY!!!! :toetap

Still no freaking parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead

your coolant crossover is in... I will snag the valley cover off a new LS6 we have in back, then replace it when the new one comes in.

AZP&S,

Does this set-up eliminate the PCV valve?

Sure does! They have an optional tube with the valve still in, but GM eliminiated the valves in 04 so im just guessing they didnt see a reason for them