Sad day in the Corvette World tomorrow

Shakti Vette

Shakti Vette

The last front engine Corvette to come off the assembly line will be sold tomorrow at Barrett-Jackson Nor'easter auction 5:30 Eastern Time for charity model of the car is a black ZO6....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Very sad indeed. I still don't understand the need for a less usable car to replace the one that beats all the mid/rear engine cars and is comfortable to boot. Europeans don't have a better idea here. Front engine behind the wheels, a compact low center of gravity engine that is lessΒ complex, more reliable and more powerful than the Euros. We have the winning recipe already, that's why it sells multiples of the competition.

I was watching today and I saw them show a ZR1 vin#1, I'm sure that will fetch a couple large.........

They did mention last of the front engine vettes.Β 

Β 

GM is stepping on their junk on this one..

11 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Β 

GM is stepping on their junk on this one..

Β 

^^^ Absolutely.Β  GM has now ruined the greatest American muscle car.Β Β :rant

I wouldn’t buy one. It’s not a Corvette anymore and after the collectors have theirs it’ll be a flop.

Plus add in the uncrackable ECU and none of the hot roddersΒ Β will want them either.Β Β 

If I bid early so I get outbid, does that mean I owned it for a short period of time? :pensativo:

Β 

Β 

Shakti Vette

I did read that with the new addition to Bowling Green plant that it was supposed to be designated specifically for C8'sΒ and they were still going to build C7'sΒ in the old plant for at least 2 years two different series at the same time. So very sad to see that whole idea go down the shit tube.....πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸš˜

20 hours ago, Shakti Vette said:

The last front engine Corvette to come off the assembly line will be sold tomorrow at Barrett-Jackson Nor'easter auction 5:30 Eastern Time for charity model of the car is a black ZO6....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, NativeAz said:

If I bid early so I get outbid, does that mean I owned it for a short period of time? :pensativo:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Sold for $2.7M....I was outbid in the first 2 seconds...πŸ˜‹

Good for the charity.Β 

Β 

Earlier they sold a 2009 Z06 with 30k miles on it for 29.5k, thought C6 Z's were bringing more than that.Β 

Shakti Vette

How's about thisΒ 2010 GS, it was a

1 of 1, 655HP,Β Β milage I think was 2300.

Sold for 34k....

Screenshot_20190628-161145_Bing.jpg

I am kind of excited to see the mid engine. I love the mid engine look but they’re all very well out of my price range.Β 

I hope GM puts a little more integrity into the c8s than they did the c7s.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

For that money it better have a rear hatch fullΒ of cocaine and a hooker in the passenger seat

Β 

Seriously, good for the charity. I'm skeptical on the mid engine, I thought GM made the passenger compartment smaller on the C7 than the C5 and C6, I'm hoping it wasn't setting the table for even smaller on the C8. Hopefully its not like a Euro car where its been designed for someone skinny and 5'6"Β 

I'm completely disgusted with the mid-engine concept. In my opinion, GM hasΒ takenΒ an iconic American muscle car and turned it into a European wannabe. They may attract some new customers but they are going to lose some of their gearhead customer base.Β  Whether that turns out to be a good move for GM financially of course remains to be seen.

They lost the muscle with the c7s already. They drive like Cadillacs.Β 

Β 

The c7 in my opinion was a crossover that didn’t quite cross over. But it’s still a Vette so the group they were going for is still rejecting.Β Β They either should’ve left the cars for the gearheads or went all out European.Β 

Β 

8 hours ago, aenigma said:

They lost the muscle with the c7s already. They drive like Cadillacs.Β 

Β 

The c7 in my opinion was a crossover that didn’t quite cross over. But it’s still a Vette so the group they were going for is still rejecting.Β Β They either should’ve left the cars for the gearheads or went all out European.Β 

Β 

Β 

I agree the C7 was a step in this direction.Β Β Β I got rid of my C7 after only 10 months. It was a nice car, but just didn't feel like a muscle car.

Lonnie mentioned today he heard there will be a choice of 6 or 8 cyl.Β 

If that’s the case, they’re going to lose a lot of corvette fans.Β Β I wouldn’t want a VetteΒ that has that option. I don’t want to hear β€œdid you get the 6 or the 8?” 

Β 

I'm not normally one who says "it has to be this way since that's the way it's always been".Β  99.99% of the time, I'm looking for the best regardless of traditions.Β Β 

Β Β 

But mid-engine has been historically such a European thing.

17 minutes ago, mellojoe said:

I'm not normally one who says "it has to be this way since that's the way it's always been".Β  99.99% of the time, I'm looking for the best regardless of traditions.Β Β 

Β Β 

But mid-engine has been historically such a European thing.

Β 

:agree

I have enough V8's to last my lifetime.Β  Pity the "youngsters" wanting to buy a new front engine Vette.

• 2 weeks later...
Vette R & D

Well the reveal has happened,  Its interesting that there will be no shifter leaver in the center only buttons😑:burnout

Yes, very odd to see a sportsΒ car without a shifter.

It's a good looking car, but not a great looking car to my eye. I hope it works out well for GM and the buyers, but I remain a very happy C7 guy.

Well, it’s not a stingray, it’s barely Corvette. Β I’ll stay C6 ....

Β 

at least we have pictures now.Β 

Β 

90293294-5A77-49B8-BF92-9DFA5A19E480.jpeg.bc23c9427ebaf9482bbb39634b87af9a.jpeg

11 hours ago, Vette R & D said:

Well the reveal has happened,  Its interesting that there will be no shifter leaver in the center only buttons😑:burnout

I got to autocross a ferrari a few years back and it did not have a shift lever in the console. Instead, there was a recessed T-handle that you lifted up and back to place the car in drive and from there you needed to use the paddle shifters.