Father's Day Cottonwood Cruise & Picnic - Saturday, June 8

theChad

The 10th Anniversary of the annual Father's Day Cruse and Picnic is again scheduled for a wonderful drive to Cottonwood and optionally on to Sedona.
This is the weekend before Father's Day so everyone can still celebrate the holiday with family.

The picnic destination in Cottonwood's Garrison Park, last year, was almost as perfect as you could ask for. Plenty of picnic bench seating under a huge ramada, and additional shade trees for those that want a true blanket picnic.

You are required to bring your own sack lunch for a picnic.  

• There's one medium sized ramada with 6 picnic tables, a nearby restroom, and a playground.
  • There is limited parking next to the ramada, but plenty of spaces, just a short distance, SE of the ramada and playground.

WHEN: Saturday, June 8th (Weekend before Father's Day)

Destination: Garrison Park, Cottonwood, AZ (Picnic spot)

Who: ACE members post up in this thread if you can make it, I'll update the 1st post with the list.

theChad +1

aenigma +1

SixAddict +1 +Matt (2-wheeler)

Shakti Vette +1

XxDoubledgexX +1

Chameleon

Frank L +1

Vette R & D - No Vette (Anyone need a passenger?)

David Edington + Diann

*OUT - German + Lucy - OUT*

NateNavyBlueC5

Chris & Debby

Ron & Eva

No.144 (Mike & Rhinda)

Don Corvette + Son

Kahuna1

Eddy & Kim (Cottonwood)

Footsam (David) & Cindy

CrimsonNCream +1?

Logistics & Directions:

Multiple valley congregation points will form and all proceed to the McDonalds @ I-17 / Carefree Hwy for the launch point.

Depending on participation from the far West, Wickenburg may possibly become a final launch point TBA later.

SOUTH / EAST Side:
AZ Mills El Pollo Loco (east side of mall) - Travel Time to McDonalds launch ~40 minutes - Suggested Departure 7:30am

North Phoenix Launch Point: Departure Time @ 8:15AM

McDonalds @ Carefree/I-17 (3140 W Carefree Hwy - Just East of I-17)

West Phoenix Launch Point: Departure Time @ 8:15AM

Greenway Crossings

(Northeast corner of Loop 303 and Greenway Road)

16572 W Greenway Rd

Surprise, AZ 85388

West / Yuma / Wickenburg:

DQ/Mobile Gas @ 93N. & Vulture Mine Rd. - Departure Time @ ~9:15AM

Pioneer Park / Prescott:

Pioneer Park bio-break pitstop & member pickup. - Departure Time @ ~10:45am

Route:

Carefree Highway (AZ-74) to Wickenburg.

AZ-89N toward Congress, up Yarnell Hill to Prescott.

North via Willow Creek Rd. to Pioneer Park - Which allows us to pickup additional ACE folk. Departure still the same @ 10:45

to 89A up Mingus Mountain, through Jerome, to Cottonwood's Garrison Park for the picnic.

The optional leg to Sedona will be after lunch and will include a watering hole stop (Open Range Grill & Tavern on 89A & Amara Ln.).

Possible parking south on Amara Ln behind the Grill or just E on Arroyo Roble Rd.

What to bring / extra Info (Also check the top area for on-site accommodations):

Sack lunch & Drink

Picnic blanket, folding chair - On-site facilities provide 6 picnic tables under the ramada.

Shakti Vette

Logistics & Directions:

Multiple valley congregation points will form and all proceed to the McDonalds @ I-17 / Carefree Hwy for the launch point.

Depending on participation from the far West, Wickenburg may possibly become a final launch point TBA later.

I think we West Siders would like to do the normal meet point right before the turn off b4 Yarnell Hill. MOBILE Gas Station on the 93

37770 Vulture Mine Road........

We discussed this at the Cofffee and Dognuts Saturday....  :Dave:

Remember ACE Holes, you do not have to be  father to attend.... this cruz is a lot of fun, beautiful scenery, and tons of turns on the way up which we all hate........> hee hee

Meet at our house 8:15, leave time 8:30 then we will head to the DQ/MOBILE

PM me for address.

• Like 1

Vette R & D

Probable wont have Vette by then unless they total mine,  I pushing to total it. So we can just a different one.  Can we come anyway or meet up in Cottonwood

SixAddict

This doesn't sound good Ron,  hope you both are/were okay. Cars can be replaced, humans not so much.....good luck.

Of course join us vette or not......

On 5/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, Shakti Vette said:

Logistics & Directions:

I think we West Siders would like to do the normal meet point right before the turn off b4 Yarnell Hill. MOBILE Gas Station on the 93

37770 Vulture Mine Road........

We discussed this at the Cofffee and Dognuts Saturday....  :Dave:

Remember ACE Holes, you do not have to be  father to attend.... this cruz is a lot of fun, beautiful scenery, and tons of turns on the way up which we all hate........> hee hee

Meet at our house 8:15, leave time 8:30 then we will head to the DQ/MOBILE

PM me for address.

Yeah, I've got it on there, and at exactly that spot! 😉

West / Yuma / Wickenburg:

DQ/Mobile Gas @ 93N. & Vulture Mine Rd. - Departure Time @ ~9:15AM

31 minutes ago, Vette R & D said:

Probable wont have Vette by then unless they total mine,  I pushing to total it. So we can just a different one.  Can we come anyway or meet up in Cottonwood

And you're welcome to come in anything! We had a Volvo in a cruise recently!

1st post list updated!

David Edgington

My wife Diann and I have not been to an ACE event yet.  We would like to attend this.

Welcome to the forum, Chris! To all: Chris and Debbie are super people, great friends and Corvette lovers.New to the Valley, but not to Corettes and car events generally.

Extender32

Not going to be able to make it.  I'm taking a short notice road trip home (Ohio) to see my aunt whom has been fighting cancer for the last year and now it's terminal and she has maybe 6 months to live.

20 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Not going to be able to make it.  I'm taking a short notice road trip home (Ohio) to see my aunt whom has been fighting cancer for the last year and now it's terminal and she has maybe 6 months to live.

That's terrible. We'll miss you, but you need to take all that you can get. 

Don Corvette

My son and I would enjoy going. How do I sign up and join the club. I'm in the Facebook page already. Sounds super fun.