Route 66 Fun Run

JohnU

I did the first one in 1988 and had a great time. Everybody should do it at least once.

JLs Mistress
4 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I think Kahuna1 (Karl) is going.  On my bucket list to go but not this year...

So is Karl taking the MoPar or Vette

VenomOnWheels

Quite a fun event if you like cars and meeting interesting people.  Christine & I accidentally fell into it several years ago when we were in Seligman for other reasons and hooked up with a Corvette Club from Utah during the morning staging. Did the cruise to Kingman in our Dodge truck.  Nice folks.  We partied with them at the hotel and joined their group dinner that night.

Chameleon
On 4/28/2019 at 10:32 PM, JLs Mistress said:

So is Karl taking the MoPar or Vette

I am guessing the Vette, but you would need to ask him!

SixAddict

Great photos. Thank you both for sharing.

Looks like a great time. Will have to do this one of these days.....

Yep, That's me in the Charger, I took the Vette to Muscle Cars at the Strip in Vegas the week prior.

I didn't take the Vette on the Route 66 Fun Run because of the parking situation in Oatman, good spots are hard to come by, most are in very rough terrain

For those who haven't been on this run, I highly recommend it, plus the admission fee goes to the Arizona Route 66 Foundation that help to keep the Mother Road opened and somewhat maintained

5 hours ago, Kahuna1 said:

For those who haven't been on this run, I highly recommend it

I'm back in MN after another trip east along Route 66 thru MO.  Boring!!!!  The best spots of RT66 are the town of  Williams, (I'll be in Winslow this fall for that review) The old 66 road between Seligman and Kingman..... and the very best is Kingman to Oatman.  The vistas are the finest anywhere along the whole route from Pontiac, IL.  People else where talk about RT66 like it's a religious experience and only hope to go some day.  It's right in your own back yard!   Take 89 up thru Yarnell to Prescott for a Brown Bag Burger.... at that point you are 1.5 hrs from the action!  On Sunday stop in Lake Havasu for a boat ride and you'll be back home in PHX at 5:30.

Corvette clubs from Vegas and Calif are out in force and out number the AZ plates.   

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

John, thanks for posting the link to our album, there about 600 pics there I think. The Fun Run is always great, anyone who hasn't done it should put it on the calendar.  600 miles of fun (round trip from Phoenix).

Got a little more Route 66 done also, in Glendora, California on my way to Berkley for our daughter's law school graduation.

IMG_8315.JPG

IMG_8317.JPG

IMG_8318.JPG

• 4 months later...

I saw Karl on the recent run to Bagdad.  He's waiting for confirmation of his RT66 rooms.  I'm set for May 1-3 with German and our brides.  Sounds like some 1st timers are looking to participate too!  👍 

Get your room reservations in soon!

http://www.gokingman.com/event-66FunRun

Where else do you find the original owner of a '64 SS Malibu (purchased May 17, 1964) with her grandson driving and the rest of the family in the back seat on a 100 degree day with no A/C...... all having fun!

image.thumb.png.08e6a2d504bac07c6524493d590e8d65.png