NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

10s! Woo Woo!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Well, got my first 10 :) 10.9@130 mph on a 1.71 60 foot...

now that I know how to launch it and get out of the hole I plan on going back next week with more power for some 10.50s :)

Guest AZ Power & Sound
:jd Man, that's moving. Great 60 time. Where did you run, FB or SW? :thumbs Robert :burnout

Speedworld! its all nice and repaved so should get better and better!

Sweet sorry I missed it! :thumbs

Hey Jack you can borrow my drag radials if you want to come out and make a few passes :)

Thanks for the offer mike one of these days I'll get that jacket and a helmet and give her a whirl.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Hey Jack you can borrow my drag radials if you want to come out and make a few passes :)

Thanks for the offer mike one of these days I'll get that jacket and a helmet and give her a whirl.

Just borrow all my stuff! we have jackets, helmets etc! I wanna see that car make a pass!

Just borrow all my stuff! we have jackets, helmets etc! I wanna see that car make a pass!

OK I'll try and make it out next club day or something mike

10's :eek

*nice goin* !! .. it's been my experience that there isn't anything easy about runnin 10's .. but it sure is fun to put 'em down, especially with license plates on the car an all ;)

I am gonna have to drop by yer shop an chat a bit about what is possible and cost effective to do with my lil black bullet .. kinda worried about how much the rear-end and shafts can put up with. Heck I have yet to even 'jump' on it :) I just am not familiar with that IRS thing out back ;)

(I mean .. 1/4 throttle or so max just to put a fender up on the loud muffler 4-banger till we get to the speed limit .. grinnin as he goes by ..watchin the blue lights come up behind him -evil grin-)

-Frank

Guest AZ Power & Sound
10's :eek

*nice goin* !! .. it's been my experience that there isn't anything easy about runnin 10's .. but it sure is fun to put 'em down, especially with license plates on the car an all ;)

I am gonna have to drop by yer shop an chat a bit about what is possible and cost effective to do with my lil black bullet .. kinda worried about how much the rear-end and shafts can put up with. Heck I have yet to even 'jump' on it :) I just am not familiar with that IRS thing out back ;)

(I mean .. 1/4 throttle or so max just to put a fender up on the loud muffler 4-banger till we get to the speed limit .. grinnin as he goes by ..watchin the blue lights come up behind him -evil grin-)

-Frank

im still on 100% stock suspension other then lowering :)

*great* to know!!

So .. sticky tires, perhaps a 10" converter, ..mayhap 90/10's up front w/some skinny tires an rims..

..hmmm -evil grin-

-Frank

*great* to know!!

So .. sticky tires, perhaps a 10" converter, ..mayhap 90/10's up front w/some skinny tires an rims..

..hmmm -evil grin-

-Frank

C5's aren't like the oldie cars man. The 90/10's just don't get used as I've ever seen. Mike will do you some good though, just take his advise and go with it. I stomp on my car daily and I have no worries on the street. If your gonna do some serious drag racing you might want to think about atleast one hardened shaft, but since you have an auto, there's really no need for that. A nice TT kit would be cool with a auto too, most guys who want to go fast, like 9's and what not will switch to an auto due to the ability to load the turbo's off the line, where as manuals will have to wait a few before boost kicks in. Good luck though.

*great* to know!!

..hmmm -evil grin-

-Frank

C5's aren't like the oldie cars man. The 90/10's just don't get used as I've ever seen. Mike will do you some good though, just take his advise and go with it. I stomp on my car daily and I have no worries on the street. If your gonna do some serious drag racing you might want to think about atleast one hardened shaft, but since you have an auto, there's really no need for that. A nice TT kit would be cool with a auto too, most guys who want to go fast, like 9's and what not will switch to an auto due to the ability to load the turbo's off the line, where as manuals will have to wait a few before boost kicks in. Good luck though.

Nice run Mike

Guest AZ Power & Sound
*great* to know!!

..hmmm -evil grin-

-Frank

Tanya went 11.90 on drag radials, converter, gears and cam... with a 150 shot she would be deep in the 10s, so im sure the same would go for you! Smitty went 10.9 in his GTO with our smallest cam, nitrous, headers and converter on stock gears, and he weighs 800 lbs more then a vette!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

*great* to know!!

..hmmm -evil grin-

-Frank

Nice run Mike

How does your car hook with the M12 and 3.73s? I cant even grab with stock gears running 345s out back... I imagine your car is a nightmare!