NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Speedworld Tomorrow -

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Gates open at 9. I'll be there to hammer on my stock drive train one last time - the car's going into AZPowerandSound Monday for the cam, clutch, diff and brace. :devil

If air and track conditions are good, I hope to be in the 11's.

Damn it! :lol

Tim, you still coming out?

Steve who will be in the 11's after mods or he's gonna REALLY be pissed. :yesnod

Tim, you still coming out?

Due to some "unforseen circumstances" :willy yesterday, I am now well behind on what needs to get done here before Christmas, so I regretfully have to say no to todays fun. Steve ...go get them 11's!!! :burnout Let us all know about the renovations and hope you like em!

Guest XLR8TNC5

Unfortunately, we have a few things going on as well, so we are a no go today as well. Mighthave found a great new owner for Tanner, so we are going to go introduce them today to see how it goes.

See you all later and STEVE< I AM PULLING FOR THOSE 11'S FOR YOU BUDDY!!!!

Steve is more than likely sick today. Today is the day he puts his baby in the garage for surgery, I am thinking that his fingers just will not move on the key board. I am betting he did not make the time or this post would be burning by now. :D :bang:toetap

Apparently the force was not with him and he did not achieve Jedi status. :leaving Robert :burnout

Green Leader this is Yellow Leader, have you or Red Leader seen Black Leader? Maybe he went so fast that he has entered a Black hole in the pocket. Come in Black Leader! Yellow Leader off!

Apparently the force was not with him and he did not achieve Jedi status. :leaving Robert :burnout

Green Leader this is Yellow Leader, have you or Red Leader seen Black Leader? Maybe he went so fast that he has entered a Black hole in the pocket. Come in Black Leader! Yellow Leader off!

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Damn you guys are funny.

This thread will remain HIJACKED until Steve returns...

Guest UVETTYA

You guys are CLOWNS! :lol:lol:lol Tanks for the laughs.

I can feel the love! That's why I hang out with you guys. :wub

No, dangit, I didn't do it. :cone I had a good time but not as good as I would have had if you all would have been there.

12.033@117.6 was my best, which is a new personal best, and actually the best the car will ever do as it is, err, I mean as it WAS. heh heh

I couldn't get the launch just right and I kept bogging off the line - 1.84 was my best 60 ft time. A 1.75 would have put me there for sure. But oh well. :huh

One run I trapped at 118.12 mph. :eek So the car was capable, I just couldn't get the launch right.

I was impressed with my stock clutch though. I made ten, 4000 rpm launches with drag radials and the clutch never balked. The pedal was a little spongy after each run but with a 10 minute cool down it was ready to go again. It never slipped and I didn't miss any gears. I almost botched the 2-3 shift on one run but I got it in gear before my hand slipped off the gear shift. (sweaty palms).

The new burnout box is nice. No more ruts to kick the ass-end sideways. I had to educate the line crew though, the new kid kept trying to pull me forward and out of the wet spot for my burnout, but that's too hard on the clutch. I need to be in the water, duh. The guy was almost begging me to pull forward another 6 inches, but I knew when he did that I was just right, so I would look at him and shake my head no. He would roll his eyes and then motion for me to go ahead and burnout :lol:lol:lol

And yes, UVETTYA is still under the knife. I dropped off the new clutch and slave yesterday, and DTE says the diff should arrive today. Steve says there's a good chance I might get the car back by Wednesday, depending on whether or not Nic can get to the dyno tune. That would be super cool.

Chad called last night to say the old cam was out, and the new one was on it's way in. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Woo Hoo! FRET! FRET!

I"m waiting for a FEDEX delivery this morning then I'm heading down there to micro-manage Steve and make sure he does everything just right. :toetap

J/K about micro-managing, heh heh :leaving

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, great post Steve and you didn't address each change in subject in a different post to boost your post count, you post whore you! lol.

I can't wait to see what your beast does after you get it back! 11's for sure!

Yeah, I think I figured it out, that is why I wasn't able to get my good burnouts in last time. The dude kept pulling me forward too! DEE DEE DEE's working the water box. Im not running straight street tires dude!

Glad to hear you had a good time, sorry we missed it, but I amhappy to see that 118mph! Holy Moly, that is smokin!

Guest Sidewinder

He is on Uranus :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Steve,

Did you take a clip of the before idle? so you could compare.

Guest UVETTYA

He is on Uranus :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Steve,

Did you take a clip of the before idle? so you could compare.

I'm glad he's on uranus and not mianus. :lol:lol:lol

I have a clip from when I put the new exhaust on. I'll put them together for a comparison vid when it's done.