Jump to content
NateNavyBlueC5

Lunch for the younger Corvette generations

Recommended Posts

NateNavyBlueC5

Since I see a Geezer lunch on the calendar, how about a lunch for us younger Generation Corvette Enthusiast? Anyone else out there?

 

ACE Young Punk Lunch (Anybody and Everyone please come!!).

 

Portillo's Hot Dogs

65 S McClintock Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281

(Tempe Marketplace)

December 1st, 2018 11:00am - 1:00pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dwdrummer

Oh boy.... here we go. What do you consider younger?  this outta be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NateNavyBlueC5

I would first like to prefix this with that I have the utmost respect for my elder generation, the knowledge and wisdom that they contain is incomparable sometimes and I hope to gain some of that knowledge as I start my Corvette ownership journey. 

 

That being said you got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky punk? Well make my day... I'll say under 35?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SLAMMER

I’m not sure of the demographics but most folks here didn’t get their Corvette until later in life. Family needs etc.....

Just set up a time for a lunch & post it up a few weeks in advance and see who attends. 

Were not all in bed by 9 PM and wear depends. 

 

SLAMMER 😎

56 years on this rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLs Mistress
20 minutes ago, SLAMMER said:

I’m not sure of the demographics but most folks here didn’t get their Corvette until later in life. Family needs etc.....

Just set up a time for a lunch & post it up a few weeks in advance and see who attends. 

Were not all in bed by 9 PM and wear depends. 

 

SLAMMER 😎

56 years on this rock

So why can't you be leader of the pack young man ... would ge good training for a future geezer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
14 hours ago, NateNavyBlueC5 said:

Since I see a Geezer lunch on the calendar, how about a lunch for us younger Generation Corvette Enthusiast? Anyone else out there?

 

:nicethread:

I strongly encourage you to set up a lunch.  I think an "ACE Young Punk Lunch" is a great idea!  :ACE:

 

Also, please know that all ACEholes are welcome at the geezer lunch, regardless of age.  If you're not a geezer now, likely some year you will be! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnU

Some of those "old geezers" act pretty young!!!   😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NateNavyBlueC5

Thank you for the input everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NateNavyBlueC5

ACE Young Punk Lunch (Anybody and Everyone please come!!).

 

Portillo's Hot Dogs

65 S McClintock Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281

(Tempe Marketplace)

December 1st, 2018 11:00am - 1:00pm

6 hours ago, Chameleon said:

 

:nicethread:

I strongly encourage you to set up a lunch.  I think an "ACE Young Punk Lunch" is a great idea!  :ACE:

 

Also, please know that all ACEholes are welcome at the geezer lunch, regardless of age.  If you're not a geezer now, likely some year you will be! :P

How would I add this to the event Calendar so more could see?

 

ACE Young Punk Lunch (Anybody and Everyone please come!!).

 

Portillo's Hot Dogs

65 S McClintock Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281

(Tempe Marketplace)

December 1st, 2018 11:00am - 1:00pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theChad

Go to the event calendar on here and click the day and add the event.  We typically put the link to the (this) event thread and let people freely RSVP just for headcount and let folks see what other friends might be going. Check and existing calendar event as a generic example. I see you already put it in the Facebook events and that's a great start too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon

Nate,  I have copied the lunch location/time information into your first post in this thread, so people will see that right away.

 

Thanks for stepping up to create an event for this bunch!  :ACE:

 

And, I am IN for this lunch. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dwdrummer

Im all over this. Gotta get the italian beef "DIPPED" with sweet peppers. One of the best sandwiches ive ever had. Everything they have is great though. Try the shakes as well. Great choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bromley's Corvettes

Thats just down the street from my shop you should stop by for a tour after lunch. That way you wont be in a rush to get to lunch and you can look at lots of nice Corvettes for desert:) We will have warm cookies for everyone:) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon

Never been there, but just looked at their menu online.  Their hot dogs look awesome.  YUM!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NateNavyBlueC5
1 minute ago, Chameleon said:

Never been there, but just looked at their menu online.  Their hot dogs look awesome.  YUM!

They have really yummy food! Good ole Chicago style Beef as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SixAddict

This will work out nice, Cars and Coffee in the morning then off to lunch with young people.......:lol

Michele and I are in. 

Will there be a meet up point or just show up for lunch at appointed time.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SixAddict

Speaking of Cars and Coffee, is there a reason we don't post this event on our calendar every month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NateNavyBlueC5
4 minutes ago, SixAddict said:

This will work out nice, Cars and Coffee in the morning then off to lunch with young people.......:lol

Michele and I are in. 

Will there be a meet up point or just show up for lunch at appointed time.?

I was thinking show up for lunch at the appointed time, and park next to all the other corvettes lol I'll be around in my Corvette hat and my C7Z shirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SixAddict
1 hour ago, NateNavyBlueC5 said:

I was thinking show up for lunch at the appointed time, and park next to all the other corvettes lol I'll be around in my Corvette hat and my C7Z shirt

 

Sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
4 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Will there be a meet up point or just show up for lunch at appointed time.?

 

^^^ feel free to suggest/post up a meet point from your side of town.  I know those of us on the west side will probably meet up to run over to Tempe as a group. . .

 

 

4 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Speaking of Cars and Coffee, is there a reason we don't post this event on our calendar every month?

 

It was an oversight.  I have now added it to the forum calendar.  It's there for December, not sure how it will work in subsequent months, whether it will show repeating on the 1st Saturday, or just the date of January 1st.  Our calendar has some limitations. . .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SixAddict
16 hours ago, Chameleon said:

 

 

It was an oversight.  I have now added it to the forum calendar.  It's there for December, not sure how it will work in subsequent months, whether it will show repeating on the 1st Saturday, or just the date of January 1st.  Our calendar has some limitations. . .  

Nice. Thanks.

If anyone else is going to Cars and Coffee first, give a shout out and from there we can head to lunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×