NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

"Tune-Up for Health" Car Show at Luke AFB Friday, October 19

Dave64

Just got this the other day.  They have held a couple of these over the past few years.  The last one I went to was nice with, maybe, 60-80 cars of all types.  Let me know if the registration form doesn't show up.

I've been to this one before, been a few years ago though. It's fun if anyone is going.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:11 PM, Chameleon said:

Sent in my registration form and pic today.

I'm going, not sure about Julie yet but I can give you a guided tour of the base if you want.

1 hour ago, Extender32 said:

I'm going, not sure about Julie yet but I can give you a guided tour of the base if you want.

That would be awesome Greg!  Thanks!

I just received an email from the POC and she is looking for some modded trucks too. If you know of anyone, please pass the word.

• 1 month later...

I received this email from the POC this morning. Event packets will be going out soon as the background checks have not yet been completed.

Good morning!

Yes, you are definitely good to go since you guys already have base access.  Security is taking longer to clear the civilian car owners than I expected - but I will send out the instruction packet as soon as I hear which civilians were cleared and know who is going to attend for sure. 

For planning purposes, plan to arrive at 0830 and to stay until the end of the fair at 1400.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Maybe join up first at Frys on Camelback and Litchfield rd first?

:withstupid  tell me what time and I'll be there...

2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

:withstupid  tell me what time and I'll be there...

730 should do.  I also recommend bringing a cooler with drinks and a campers chair.

18 hours ago, Extender32 said:

730 should do.  I also recommend bringing a cooler with drinks and a campers chair.

Based on the instructions I received, I am not supposed to enter the base until after 0800.  Maybe you have different instructions since you are retired Air Force. 

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Based on the instructions I received, I am not supposed to enter the base until after 0800.  Maybe you have different instructions since you are retired Air Force. 

I received the same instructions; however, we cannot join up at the gate due to inbound traffic.  I don't think you'll be denied entry because you are a few minutes early.

I hear President Trump is landing out there tomorrow morning. Say HI for me. Maybe you can tour his plane!!!

Got my date wrong I think, it's today he's flying in......I think!?!?!?

And flying out tomorrow afternoon.

His Helo's are already here as they flew over my house yesterday with a V-22 Osprey in tow.

Julie and me will be at the Frys on Camelback and Litchfield Rd at 0730 for anyone that wants to join us.

This was a nice little show with a lot of variety.   GT40, Studebaker Avanti, 1965 El Camino with an LS1, military jeep rat rod, etc.  Would do it again. 

15 hours ago, Chameleon said:

This was a nice little show with a lot of variety.   GT40, Studebaker Avanti, 1965 El Camino with an LS1, military jeep rat rod, etc.  Would do it again. 

pics and video are needed or it didn't happen.