Finally building (and tearing down) the 77

aenigma

That's WAY cool :thumbs that you are now going to run a bigger inch motor, is that your old block upgraded? The 421 was my going to be my next motor, but not 100% on whether I can feed that many cubes with CFI. If I could find or have someone make me a 100# injector, I would do it. I have also been thinking of creating a dual injector, dual TB CFI setup that would be 56mm each that would have 4 injectors 80# injectors vs 2 90# injectors and then I would for sure feed a bigger cube motor only to blow out my rear end and then go to the early model setup like yours and cast iron diff. It NEVER ends! Waiting the heat to shut the &@%# off so I can get my car to the track again.

3 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

That's WAY cool :thumbs that you are now going to run a bigger inch motor, is that your old block upgraded? The 421 was my going to be my next motor, but not 100% on whether I can feed that many cubes with CFI. If I could find or have someone make me a 100# injector, I would do it. I have also been thinking of creating a dual injector, dual TB CFI setup that would be 56mm each that would have 4 injectors 80# injectors vs 2 90# injectors and then I would for sure feed a bigger cube motor only to blow out my rear end and then go to the early model setup like yours and cast iron diff. It NEVER ends! Waiting the heat to shut the &@%# off so I can get my car to the track again.

it’s a new block. The current block is damaged so no reusing. The rear end is still stock but it’s now modified and Lonnie put in a spool. 
get your rear going - wild horse isn’t closing after all!

OK, that is cool that you have a fresh new block. Wild Horse ISN'T closing?!  Did some take it over or what? That's cool anyway. :thumbs:burnout Maybe when this damn heat turns off, I can finish things up and be ready to go.

On 8/6/2023 at 6:09 PM, aenigma said:

Yes. Radford took the contract so they’re open! 

Good to hear that.

The old "racewildhorse.com" website is still active, but with no new info. Supposedly, the agreement with Radford doesn't include drag races. Those are to be controlled by the Gila River Indians, according to the Dragzine article. The key to events will depend on the person who will really run the show. There is a lot more money to be made by putting butts in the stands than by racer entrance fees.

19 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Good to hear that.

The old "racewildhorse.com" website is still active, but with no new info. Supposedly, the agreement with Radford doesn't include drag races. Those are to be controlled by the Gila River Indians, according to the Dragzine article. The key to events will depend on the person who will really run the show. There is a lot more money to be made by putting butts in the stands than by racer entrance fees.

The drags are controlled by Radford now. 

Your car is going to be super fun again soon. And even better too. New engine looks awesome. 

Tell Lonnie thank you for the shifter mod link for my car. That IS exactly what I was going to do, but now they have a kit which makes it easier. I ordered the kit and the NSS, but the switch went back-order until October. I called today to confirm, but maybe I will luck out. :thumbs Kit arrives Monday.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got 10s. 4300 da tonight at wild horse so I should be mid 10s in cooler weather. It’s coming off the ground a little more too. Fun night. 

IMG_0794.jpeg

IMG_0799.png

Very nice! Carrying the wheels now...awesome. :thumbs You know, if you pull the hitch off, you will faster. :smilelol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

Very nice! Carrying the wheels now...awesome. :thumbs You know, if you pull the hitch off, you will faster. :smilelol

hey now. Every good redneck sport involves a hitch 😂😂😂😂

lonnie made it for me for drag week next week. It’ll be off after that.  I can gain 2/10 with it off! 😂

26 minutes ago, P51tj said:

Not a hitch...but a wheelie bar...LOL!

I just busted up laughing! 

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing current since this thread gives me a great timeline. And re-reading it all today made me realize I’m never satisfied and ready for low 10s or 9s now 😂😂😂😂

Need to clean the carbs and change power steering to manual this weekend or next. Driving without power steering during drag week was awful but felt more stable. 

drag week best time 

best 60 ft 1.40

Best run 10.62

IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1