Finally building (and tearing down) the 77

aenigma

4 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

So, I have sent your latest mod pic to a few people, to include your newest C3 client Lauren with the 73 BB vette. He thought the new mod was BADASS! He wants to see how it does this winter along with mine. HA! We shall see.:thumbs

Lauren is great!  That’ll be fun, I’m chomping at the bit to get back to racing. It’ll be nice this winter not to worry about going faster than I’m teched to thanks to the rollbar. 
say hi to Lauren and tell him I’m having canned asparagus tonight 😂

No cringing. That’s painters tape. Cutting of the hood will commence shortly. 

EC9BFB2A-A9F0-4EB9-953A-94024641F5B3.jpeg

O....M.....G.....That is so frickin cool. I have always loved the look of something horsey-powery sticking out from hoods. That is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Things that make me freak out on the inside. I’m glad he knows what he’s doing. And always finishes what he starts.  

3840E7F0-C73F-472A-8DA0-B6DD68745F81.jpeg

D46EA3BF-2D78-439E-BEBB-FD19EDD2EA5F.jpeg

B12B685A-3C77-4C85-A92D-C5ED870A34E5.jpeg

9892BF9C-9671-4924-9255-6533ADDD53A1.jpeg

• Like 1

Lonnie's practicing good space utilization!

In my younger days, I used the family pool table to lay a hardtop upside down on to refinish the interior of it.

23 hours ago, JohnU said:

Lonnie's practicing good space utilization!

In my younger days, I used the family pool table to lay a hardtop upside down on to refinish the interior of it.

ha, yes. A pool table was perfect for laundry, and everything else. Which is why we don’t have a pool table 😂

Lonnie takes time for adding fun surprises here and there based on my car skull theme ❤️

523CF0A3-9331-4070-B618-0BA62E1D7806.png

F551483C-FAA0-4E52-A983-EECEAA7C0F34.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Lonnie takes time for adding fun surprises here and there based on my car skull theme ❤️

Okay, that is just freaking cool!  :wub  :thumbs

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

Looking good! :thumbs What will it get for now with the bar?

you know bars make it faster 😂😂😂😂

Yep...gonna have to add bars to mine then. :smilelol Still no luck finding another MT DR to replace mine. UGH!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lonnie tried his scoop on my tunnel ram. It looked cool but it was so big, I could hardly see out the window. 
I’m down to 11.09 while having spun and looking for 10s still. 
fun night. 

75E2390E-5873-4E6B-AACF-0AE4AE6FA206.jpeg

DE4BA935-BD36-47B7-B91D-6543355D739E.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, aenigma said:

Lonnie tried his scoop on my tunnel ram. It looked cool but it was so big, I could hardly see out the window. 

If I had a letter I'd mail it!  :checkerdflag:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I blew my transmission at the races in Tucson today. I was able to finally get it in a gear after breaking 1/2 track, pulled over and messed with the shifter until I had enough pressure. And then I made the finish line, the whole thing lasted 62 seconds but felt like an hour. Blown tranny and still got a time slip. 😂

New tranny this week hopefully so I can make Friday night drags. 

E34BA62C-7887-4443-8888-535199432720.jpeg

• Sad 2

Oh, that sucks, but the upside is a NEW trans is going back in soon. :thumbs However, with that time I feel 100% confident that I can finally beat you...until of course you replace the trans and then ALL bets are off again. Damn!  BTW, I think you are living up to your sig byline..."Drive it like you stole it"!

4 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Oh, that sucks, but the upside is a NEW trans is going back in soon. :thumbs However, with that time I feel 100% confident that I can finally beat you...until of course you replace the trans and then ALL bets are off again. Damn!  BTW, I think you are living up to your sig byline..."Drive it like you stole it"!

Is that my line? 😂😂😂

Tom, it’ll be fun racing with you this winter. I love hanging out with you at the drags. 
Tag line ought to be “drive it like you want to break it” 

• 8 months later...

To bring my thread current, my new set up with the tunnel ram was ready to go find 10s, and the tracks changed to the 1/8th due to glue shortage. So I could calculate the 1/4 from 1/8th all day long, no 10s slip. Tucson finally started doing 1/4 but by then the DA was worse and it was warm out. My car and I couldn’t take anymore teasing the 10s, so my engine went ahead and blew during a race in March YEA! 
Tracks are back to the 1/4 and my new 421 is almost done, along with a stronger rear end and new suspension, different tunnel ram and scoop and a few other things along the way. 
Car should hit mid 10s pretty easily. First race is Tucson in sept in the heat so not expecting much there, then off to drag week with Chameleon. 

IMG_0111.jpeg

• Like 1