NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Payson Trip On Jan 14th *Update

GoNSyco

I was asked to go on this from a some of my SRT-4 buddies and they asked if I could see if any other Vette's would be interested. Here's a copy of the post:

Anybody up for a trip to Payson? I have been up there quite a few times and it is really nice. It is going to be on January 14th. We are meeting up at the South East corner of a Wal-Mart parking lot. The addy is: 730 E. McKellips Rd. Mesa, AZ 85203. We will meet up at 9:30am and take off at 10:00am. We are going to cruise up there together from Mesa, unless you just want to meet up there. 87 is a nice, fun drive. Hope to get as many of us up there as possible. I am also inviting many other clubs such as: Mazda, 350Z, Sky, Solstice, Sportbikes, Viper, GTO, PT Cruiser, Prowler, Mustang, Impala, Classics, Lightning and Corvette.

Robert and Elizabeth

We are taking the kids to our home in Sedona that weekend. Sorry, but we will have to pass on this one.

ok if im smart ( and Im not) that is a sunday.

What Id advise GoNSyco is it re edit your post to include the facts.

where we are meeting, what time we are leaving (witch you have), where we are meeting in payson? Having lunch up there? How long is the expected drive.

99% of our events are held on saturday to do church and football fans. I dont know what kind of turn out there would be for a sunday event.

im down as a 50/50 chance.

cheers

chad

A Payson run would be fun, but the main reason to go there is to visit F&G to grab some ammo.

They aren't open on Sunday so unless you can change it to a Sat, I'm out!

Ken

Payson in January!!! Does anyone know how to put snow chains on a Vette?????

Sounds like fun, but I can't figure out how to plan that far in advance... :hat

I'll be watching this one for updates...

Tell the skittles I may come.

I was hoping you'd come, I'm hoping to make it.

ok if im smart ( and Im not) that is a sunday.

What Id advise GoNSyco is it re edit your post to include the facts.

where we are meeting, what time we are leaving (witch you have), where we are meeting in payson? Having lunch up there? How long is the expected drive.

99% of our events are held on saturday to do church and football fans. I dont know what kind of turn out there would be for a sunday event.

im down as a 50/50 chance.

cheers

chad

I just copyed the post over, and it has most the facts. Didn't feel the need to say Sunday because most people have a calendar so I assumed the 14th would be ok. It says we're meeting in the Walmart parking lot and it gives the address. Don't think they've decided on whats going to happen, they probably want some ideas on what to do up there. It usually takes an hour to an hour and 1/2, so I'm guessing around there. Not sure why they picked a Sunday for the event. We probably won't get an accurate car count till we get closer to the date, not even sure if I can make it.

Payson in January!!! Does anyone know how to put snow chains on a Vette?????

Sounds like fun, but I can't figure out how to plan that far in advance... :hat

I'll be watching this one for updates...

Thats what I was worried about too. Don't really know how my car will do in the snow, and don't really want to find out.

I'll let you guys know more as soon as I do. There should be some cool cars going though.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got another update:

**UPDATE** I have made a reservation at "Buffalo Bar and Grill" We will have the resteraunt from around 11:00 to around 1:00. The addy is 311 S. Beeline Highway, Payson, Arizona 85441. Their phone number is 928-474-3900 if you want to call to see what is on the menu ahead of time. They said that they are in a shopping center so there is plenty of parking and the they seat approximately 60 people. If any of you have friends coming, please forward them this information. Thanks!