NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Getting Some Mods

Guest UVETTYA

Guest XLR8TNC5

BTW Steve-O, you summed it up in THREE words, not one! lmao. But you know what, Ill let it slide this time because those are WICKED ass #'s! Makes me want to swap out my G5X3 cam for a PS02 and nitrous! I still want heads too.

Anyway, I AM VERY VERY VERY happy for you and Im glad your cheeks hurt from smiling. I know the feeling. Everytime I drive my monster, I get the same "EXHILIRATING" feeling.

I can't get the video to download right at the moment, but let us know when you are going back to the track. I want to see those 11's! SHAWEET!

All my best,

Congrats Stevie!!! Your car sounds great and it's better live than memorex!!! Also Johnnie loves the sound ;) ..thanks for the clip! :thumbs

You guys keep talking about the 11's is wearing me down. My car has a best of 12.1. Looks like it's time for the supercharger!

You guys keep talking about the 11's is wearing me down. My car has a best of 12.1. Looks like it's time for the supercharger!

WOW!!! :burnout What have you done to get it to 12.1? That can't be a stock LT4. Robert

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I'm still on cloud nine, and probably will be for quite some time now. This thing is soooooo much fun to drive. The only complaint is that it has some serious traction issues. :lol:lol:lol

I have 250 miles on it now, and if Speedworld were open I'd be there. But it's prolly a good thing it's not, a little more break in won't hurt at all. I haven't launched hard but I've taken it to red line twice now. It used to drop off a little after about 5K with the stock cam but the new cam pulls hard all the way to 7000 rpm. :thumbs

Tanya, I plan on going to Speedworld next Sunday, and maybe even Monday, providing AZP&S can install my tranny brace. It didn't arrive with the Diff so I have to take it easy on the launches until I get that put on.

Steve

:clap Congrats Steve-a-reno! That is stout. :eek You might have to trade me test drives, my Hemi for your Z. :devil

Enjoy the Corvette Christmas! I'll be headin' to the track with you this January, Mr. Eleven. :lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

Oh man, Im not sure if I can make it next Sunday. I may be a little "tired." lol. But I will definitely see what I can do because I want to see what YOU can do with that new monster!

WOW!!! :burnout What have you done to get it to 12.1? That can't be a stock LT4. Robert

It's far from a stock lt1. Cam, intake work, Stage 2 port and polish with a complete Fererra(sp) valve train, AFPR, chipped, Lingenfelter TB, 160 t-stat, custom exhaust, 4:10's in the rear. All work done by MTI. Had an MSD 2 step that is now unplugged. When it was used it promptly threw the driveshaft or a half shaft out when used with strip tires. I can't remember what Robert had told me. He told me 12.1 at 113 was his best. Next step is supercharger and 500 at the rear wheels :devil

damn, you guys are killing me - i think i'm gonna need a retune - hell, i'm gonna need SOMETHING!

i'm scared now - i couldn't shake you before, now i'm not gonna be able to keep up with you!

Guest UVETTYA
damn, you guys are killing me - i think i'm gonna need a retune - hell, i'm gonna need SOMETHING!

i'm scared now - i couldn't shake you before, now i'm not gonna be able to keep up with you!

You HAVE something but you don't want to use it. I think you could still walk me if you wanted to... Psssssssst - Pssssssssst - if you get my drift...

I've been thinking about your car Chris, and I'm wondering if it's tuned for nitrous.

Steve

You HAVE something but you don't want to use it. I think you could still walk me if you wanted to... Psssssssst - Pssssssssst - if you get my drift...

I've been thinking about your car Chris, and I'm wondering if it's tuned for nitrous.

Steve

it MUST be!

i think it is tuned that was to make sure timing is right for nitrous

the only way around that is to have it tuned N/A and add a timing tuner to the car for nitrous use.

i think i'm gonna see if they can look at the tune and see what's up!

Guest UVETTYA
it MUST be!

the only way around that is to have it tuned N/A and add a timing tuner to the car for nitrous use.

I'll bet that's it. :toetap

It's far from a stock lt1. Cam, intake work, Stage 2 port and polish with a complete Fererra(sp) valve train, AFPR, chipped, Lingenfelter TB, 160 t-stat, custom exhaust, 4:10's in the rear. All work done by MTI. Had an MSD 2 step that is now unplugged. When it was used it promptly threw the driveshaft or a half shaft out when used with strip tires. I can't remember what Robert had told me. He told me 12.1 at 113 was his best. Next step is supercharger and 500 at the rear wheels :devil

Sorry for the hijack! I think we need to introduce Tracy to the Wittman, AZ density altitude. I wanna see that bad C4 in action! And I definately wanna line up against him before any supercharger nonsense! :devil

I apologize as well for the hi jack. Trust me Dean, I have been wanting to get this thing to the track since I got it. I've just recently been turining off the traction control so I can "warm" the hides. I can't really get on it much for fear of braeking it. It's my dd until I get the truck running again. At that point I don't care if I poke a rod out the side. It's gonna get driven like it should, drag strip, drifting, whatever. I'm going to have fun with it.

Congrats on the mods steve. now yours tanyas and mine have the same problem it sounds like there missing a little bit i cant figure out why ;)

Guest XLR8TNC5

Ahhh, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. lol.... Gotta love the lope! Mark's Z is the meanest loping sound I have heard so far though. AAAAAAGH! Everyone goes, Oh and ahhh when I drive up, he pulls up and they go OMG!!!!! lol....

one of these days ill have to hear his car. i love the lope on my baby it makes me happy, i never want to turn it off or get out of the car for that fact its so much fun.

Steve,

Finally got to listen to the sound of you car. Sounds totally awesome.

Sounds like you and Chris need some track time next to each other.

Andrew

Guest UVETTYA
Steve,

Andrew

Tanks Andrew. If Chris get's a tune he'll be right back at showing me his tail lights. :toetap

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Steve

it MUST be!

Id be cautious on the timing tuner... ive seen them fail before and the only way to tell is when youre mopping up coolant on the track from putting a piston through the side of the block :) Pulling the timing will only sacrifice about 15-20 horsepower at most, but its much cheaper then the dreaded call to MTI for a new short block!

Ahhh, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. lol.... Gotta love the lope! Mark's Z is the meanest loping sound I have heard so far though. AAAAAAGH! Everyone goes, Oh and ahhh when I drive up, he pulls up and they go OMG!!!!! lol....

I can make yours meaner if you want ;)

Steve,

Andrew

Tanks Andrew. If Chris get's a tune he'll be right back at showing me his tail lights. :toetap

I think we need to put Chris on a set of slicks and see what that car can do opened up! Tony went mid 11s at 125 with the same engine... should be interesting to see!