NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Getting Some Mods

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

I really suck at keeping a secret, so a few of you already know this coming Monday the Z goes to ArizonaPowerandSound for a PS02 cam, Comp 921 springs and push rods, a Textralia clutch and a DTE stage 3 diff w/tranny brace. I hope to be pushing 420 (430 would launch my rocket) to the rear wheels after Nic D. tunes it. That should put me in the 11's for sure. :jive:

:burnout

Steve

I really suck at keeping a secret, so a few of you already know this coming Monday the Z goes to ArizonaPowerandSound for a PS02 cam, Comp 921 springs and push rods, a Textralia clutch and a DTE stage 3 diff w/tranny brace. I hope to be pushing 420 (430 would launch my rocket) to the rear wheels after Nic D. tunes it. That should put me in the 11's for sure. :jive:

:burnout

Steve

Oh if I could only play the serious mod game but I am just a water boy. What are you doing with your 342's and what shape are they in?

I am sure everything will come out great and you will need new tires :burnout soon!

You capitalist dog! I was just starting to get close to keeping up with you! What kind of hedonistic society allows these excessive modifications in search of just a few ticks of some stopwatch? :flag

Congrats Steve-a-reno! :thumbs 11's huh? All it takes is $$$! :devil

I knew you couldn't keep it quite. What are ya going to do for fun during this operation? :D

I don't think we want to know! Look out Marylou! :lol:lol

Guest UVETTYA
Oh if I could only play the serious mod game but I am just a water boy. What are you doing with your 342's and what shape are they in?

I am sure everything will come out great and you will need new tires :burnout soon!

I'm staying with stock 342's and my old diff will go back to DTE as a core. Maybe. How much will you give me for it? :toetap

Guest UVETTYA
You capitalist dog! I was just starting to get close to keeping up with you! What kind of hedonistic society allows these excessive modifications in search of just a few ticks of some stopwatch? :flag

Congrats Steve-a-reno! :thumbs 11's huh? All it takes is $$$! :devil

Thanks Dean.

And if that's not enough to keep up with these high HP guys, I'll have to do a fast 90 and throttle body. That will give me up to another 30. I could live with 450 rwhp. :yesnod

For awhile. :devil

Guest UVETTYA

I really suck....... a DTE stage 3 diff w/tranny brace.

Steve

Steve, tell me about the diff.

Sure! I'm going with the stage 3, below...

All Stages of DTE Built IRS Differentials Include The Following Standard HP Upgrade Package:

* Complete disassembly and component inspection

* Extensive internal and external main case deburring

* Carrier deburring

* Pinion shaft support deburring

* Internal & external side cover deburring

* Clutch pack housing deburring

* Ring & pinion set deburring

* Cryogenically treated gear set - No other builder offers this as standard!

* Thorough case and internal component cleaning

* Improved bearing oiling system

* Timken bearings, races, seals and O-rings

* Motive Gear ring and pinion set

* Your choice of 3.15, 3.42, 3.73, 3.90 and 4.10 ratio

* Replacement clutch pack components when required

* Redline 75w/140 synthetic gear lubricant - No other builder offers this as standard!

* Blueprinted to our own engineered HP specifications and tolerances we've developed in-house

* Professional assembly and hard-kote finish for O.E. appearance

* Quiet, smooth operation

* Written 2 yr./24,000 mile warranty*

DTE Stage 3 Street Performer Plus "DS"

* Standard HP upgrade package

* DTE engineered/manufactured 4340m "300M" hardened steel output shaft- left/driver side

* DTE engineered/manufactured 4340m "300M" hardened steel 3-piece output shaft- right/passenger side

* DTE engineered, improved clutch oiling upgrade

* DTE engineered/manufactured heavy duty clutch pack/pre-load spring set- 34% stronger posi-traction clamping load per side

* DTE engineered to accept the LG Motorsports Differential Cooler Kit as a bolt-on later, if chosen

Exchange or build your supplied core & includes lubricants: $2199

Turn-key installation M6/M12 and includes lubricants: $2599

Turn-key installation A4 & includes lubricants w/ custom PCM shift point calibration: $2699

Options:

* Oil cooler port, Aeroquip Fitting and oil temp probe port integrated in to main-case add: $149

* Micro-polished gear set add: $100

* DTE engineered/manufactured heavy duty 6061-T6 billet aluminum right side cover add: $649

Guest UVETTYA
Remind me not to tell you any of my secrets.... good for you Steve!

Thanks Tim. I can't wait. :yesnod

I knew you couldn't keep it quite. What are ya going to do for fun during this operation? :D

Wax on, wax off. :lol

Remind me not to tell you any of my secrets.... good for you Steve!

Thanks Tim. I can't wait. :yesnod

Wax on, wax off. :lol

Here you go. At your age I figured you'd prefer the "extra hard"

Sex Wax

Guest XLR8TNC5

Thats awesome Steve. I look forward to having the company in the 11 second club. lol. Of course, if I could only get back into the 11's that would be SUPER cool! lol.

Im VERY happy for you and I like the idea of the DTE Brace.

Can't wait to see what the puppy does when you get her back. How long is it going to take to get everything done?

Oh yeah, I will NEVER tell you any secrets now. lol.

Guest UVETTYA
Thats awesome Steve. I look forward to having the company in the 11 second club. lol. Of course, if I could only get back into the 11's that would be SUPER cool! lol.

Im VERY happy for you and I like the idea of the DTE Brace.

Can't wait to see what the puppy does when you get her back. How long is it going to take to get everything done?

Oh yeah, I will NEVER tell you any secrets now. lol.

Mike says if I drop it off Monday I can pick it up Friday. I'm holding you to that, if you're listening Mike. :yesnod Actually if it's not done, Chad's family jewels go in the big vice back on the welding table - with a little turn of the handle as each hour passes... :bang

Here you go. At your age I figured you'd prefer the "extra hard"

Sex Wax

Extra hard it is! :bang

:lol:lol:lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from AZP & S where I saw Steve (UVETTYA) and he was picking up his car a heading for a Nic tune. I have never seen Steve with this big of a smile :D before. I think he is a happy camper now :thumbs . I think I even saw a roll of nickels :cone in his pocket, but I'm not sure what "it" was, but he was happy! Alright Steve your turn to tell us your emotions!!! Congrats Man!!!

Just got back from AZP & S where I saw Steve (UVETTYA) and he was picking up his car a heading for a Nic tune. I have never seen Steve with this big of a smile :D before. I think he is a happy camper now :thumbs . I think I even saw a roll of nickels :cone in his pocket, but I'm not sure what "it" was, but he was happy! Alright Steve your turn to tell us your emotions!!! Congrats Man!!!

"IT" was chapstick

hey steve. Talked to mike today.... Damn those are some impressive numbers, Im getting jealous already!!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
hey steve. Talked to mike today.... Damn those are some impressive numbers, Im getting jealous already!!

Time for a blower cam ;)

Guest UVETTYA

Tanks, Jack.

And the verdict is.... 422 HP 383 Tq.

A huge thanks to Mike, Steve, Jason and Chad at AZP&S for a great job!!

I only have a couple minutes... Marylou's Mom and brother arrived Wed night and we're entertaining them as well as working 12 hr days so I'll be brief... but the car is an absolute monster!

Mike, I'm bringing the car back in next week soi you can rotate the drivers seat 45 degrees so I can see out the side window while I'm driving... the car has a tendacy to go sideways and I can't figure out why, but I think turning the seat might take care of it. :toetap

Seriously, the PS02 cam REALLY woke the car up! If I could sum it up in one word it would be...

OH MY GOD!

BTW, I have 150 miles on the car and my face hurts from smiling. :lol:lol

Later... going out to the garage and listen to it idle...

Here's a link to my web page and a video I took Wed night when I got home. It's too dark to see much but you can hear it.

The link might not be available for awhile... it's uploading now. If it says "unavailable" just try later.

CLICK HERE

What an awesome sound.......but I think it's idling a little high.

You better let me test drive it for you to make sure! :hat