NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Speedworld Tomorrow -

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

I'm going to Speedworld tomorrow and get into the 11's.

Well, ok, maybe 11's. :lol You wouldn't think 2 tenths of a second could come so darn hard! I mean, snap your fingers - that's about two tenths of a second. Sheesh!

Anyway I plan on being there by about 10 and it would be nice if some of you joined me for some bracket racing, although I'll forewarn you that I'll be taking the trophy home. :yesnod:lol:bang

I'm installing the new steering rack in my car after spending all day today removing the old one. The pressure line fittings that need to be removed to get the rack out wouldn't break free. After a lot of prying and pushing I got it out and then I was able to break the fittings free. Install should go a lot easier, I hope!! :bang Robert :burnout

Guest UVETTYA
I'm installing the new steering rack in my car after spending all day today removing the old one. The pressure line fittings that need to be removed to get the rack out wouldn't break free. After a lot of prying and pushing I got it out and then I was able to break the fittings free. Install should go a lot easier, I hope!! :bang Robert :burnout

I hope it goes well. Then we can tell you "hey Robert... nice rack!"

anonymous :leaving

Do you have to lower the cross member in a C4 like we do on the C5? :bang

Don't forget that alignment. :D

No cross member to remove. it's attached to the frame. Supposed to come out easily if you can remove the line fittings which I couldn't. Planning on an alignment after its in. Will just need the toe set since nothing else was moved. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Guest UVETTYA
Steve,

What did ya run?

I ran the Z06 you silly shit.

heh heh, j/k.

Dangit, I didn't get into the 11's but I got a new personal best. 12.03@116.51 - 1.772 60 ft.

I can taste it...

As for the trophy -- I red lighted on my first elimination run. :toetap

I think I'm going out again this coming Friday night. If I'm one of the first few down the track and the air is good, I might get into the 11's. :thumbs

Steve

Guest Sidewinder

If your gonna bust a guys chops at least learn how to spell....

What was the air temp during your best run?

To hell with it, answer your phone.

Steve,

What did ya run?

I rean the Z06 you silly shit.

heh heh, j/k.

Dangit, I didn't get into the 11's but I got a new personal best. 12.03@116.51 - 1.772 60 ft.

I can taste it...

As for the trophy -- I red lighted on my first elimination run. :toetap

I think I'm going out again this coming Saturday night. If I'm one of the first few down the track and the air is good, I might get into the 11's. :thumbs

Steve

If you do it this coming Saturday night you might miss all of our smiling faces in the caves. :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

You need to change your sig too Stevey!!!

Hmm, wonder if I can talk Mark into going out Friday night as well. I just want to run my freaking 11.7 and go home! lol.

See you all later and CONGRATS on the new time!!! That kicks ass!

Guest UVETTYA
You need to change your sig too Stevey!!!

Hmm, wonder if I can talk Mark into going out Friday night as well. I just want to run my freaking 11.7 and go home! lol.

See you all later and CONGRATS on the new time!!! That kicks ass!

Oh yeah. My sig. :lol

Thanks and I hope you make it Friday night. I think you'll be in the 11's with good air. You drive pretty darn good. :yesnod

Guest UVETTYA
I got a new personal best. 12.03@116.51 - 1.772 60 ft.

Wow Steve, Nice times! :thumbs

Tanks Dwayne. I want an 11 soooo bad! :lol I ordered a line-lock kit for $145. Comes with a Hurst piston and install kit that's supposed to have all the right fittings. That should help a lot. I'll be able to heat up the M/T's instead of the clutch fluid.

Steve

:agree You're one quick buzzard, dats fuh shizzle! :clap

Steve.. what are you launching at... You should be able to get in the 1.5-1.6 60' times on slicks...

The rule of thumb is .1 at the 60' is .2 at the end of the track... I used to launch my car at 5500 on slicks... be sure to have a tranny brace though. DTE makes on for about 500.00

Steve.. what are you launching at... You should be able to get in the 1.5-1.6 60' times on slicks...

The rule of thumb is .1 at the 60' is .2 at the end of the track... I used to launch my car at 5500 on slicks... be sure to have a tranny brace though. DTE makes on for about 500.00

Ive come to found out when your going this fast that rule no longer applies.

Guest UVETTYA

You're right about the 60 ft Glenn. .1 on the launch is .2 at the end. Getting the launch right is probably the hardest part. No wait... shifting is the hardest part. No wait... not hitting the rev limiter is the hardest part. No wait.... :lol:lol

I'm running 17" M/T E.T. Streets, and launching around 3600 rpm so far has netted me the best 60 ft times. I'm still experimenting with the launch. A little more seat time and I'll get the 60 ft down where it needs to be. I can't seem to launch above 4000 without slipping the clutch too much or bogging. It's a whole new ball game at those rpm's. I tend to stab the throttle at the same time I dump the clutch and it should be a one - two exercise... slip the clutch just a little rather than dumping it, and then squeeze the throttle once you're moving. Drag racin isn't easy and a lot of it takes place in your head.

You must become one with your car, grasshopper.

Be the car, Billy.

:lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

I think you are doing swell Steve and it is obvious you are hell bent on getting into those 11's. lol. I'll be your cheerleader. Everyone's car should be an 11 second. THey are A LOT of FUN! lol.

Unfortunately, now I want to be a 10 second car! DARN ADRENALINE JUNKY THAT I AM!

Thanks for the compliments on the driving by the way. WOOHOO! I have done a lot of practicing to try to figure out how to get there. lol. But you all are way more awesome drivers with the sticks! aka clutches! lol.

I wonder if Mark wouldlet me take the Z down the track a time or two? Huh babe, would ya would ya!

Guest UVETTYA
I wonder if Mark wouldlet me take the Z down the track a time or two? Huh babe, would ya would ya!

I think if you did, you would appreciate how hard the Z is to launch. Not that your car isn't hard to launch, it's just an entirely different ball game.

Steve