Corvette Saturday at Hooters? Or Somewhere else?

3,503 lbs of trouble

See yah at Split Window. For us who have never been there - where is it?????

Fountain Hills aint that big!!!

Here's Dan's directions from the CF.

Here's a tip. If you're coming to the Split Window from Shea Blvd., turn North on to Saguaro from Shea, drive exactly one mile up Saguaro. When you reach a street called "Amhurst" make a left (turn West) there on to Amhurst then an immediate right (North again) into the very first parking lot entrance and drive straight. The parking lot is part of a hill so as you move forward up the hill through the parking lot you will suddenly see the Split window ahead in front of you. Otherwise if you stay on Saguaro passing Amhurst you will have to pass the Split Window due to the island in the center of the road. In that case pass the diner 'till you reach the end of the island then flip a bit*h and head back to the Diner's main entrance. Stupid islands! If your car is VERY low, you may want to skip the Amhurst entrance and flip teh bit*h.

3,503 lbs of trouble
See yah at Split Window.  For us who have never been there  - where is it?????

Fountain Hills aint that big!!!

Here's Dan's directions from the CF.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I talked to Keith Loyd - he is excited to have lunch at the Split Window.  He said someone should contact Mike R. and tell him where we're planning to dine.

See yah there 11ish Saturday!! :drinkers

I'll be there, but after the wife and I are doing the Tempe Art Fair :angry

I guess there's alot of trade offs we have to make in life! :huh:

I will be there, but Tracy is going to Nogales with some of her friends.

Looks like it's me in the SS/T.

3,503 lbs of trouble

I saw Dave from the Split Window today and he wanted me to thank you all for coming on Saturday. He also apologized for the bikers still being there when we arrived. They were suppose to done and out by 10 AM, but he said they started drinking Bloody Marys and didn't leave. He had intended to section off parking for us, but they became overwhelmed. I told him we were considering rotating our monthly lunch spot but the Split Window would always be a consideration. He says we are welcome back anytime.

The bikers didn't bother me none. Being an ex-motorcycle rider I like the 2 wheeled warriors just as much as the Vettes.

Bikers didn't bother me except for the numbers. I understand when you got there it was worse but I had to park back by the dumpster when I first got there. I worked Auto Theft and specialized in Motorcycle thefts, so I've dealt with those guys one on one. My experience is most of those there on Sat were "drugstore bikers". Most of them probably have 6 figure jobs and $500k+ homes. My only concern for the Diner is the general public doesn't differentiate and a biker is a biker. They will quickly get a reputation if he has them back very often.

Personally I like the idea of moving it around but I'll go back to the SW anytime! :thumbs:

3,503 lbs of trouble
My experience is most of those there on Sat were "drugstore bikers". Most of them probably have 6 figure jobs and $500k+ homes.  My only concern for the Diner is the general public doesn't differentiate and a biker is a biker.  They will quickly get a reputation if he has them back very often.

Ok, I guess it's up to me to be the one to complain, could you pick a spot just a little farther east?? :banghead

The SW is just about as far across town as you can get for me, I don't know why none of the west siders haven't spoken up yet???

The SW is just about as far across town as you can get for me, I don't know why none of the west siders haven't spoken up yet???

I agree 100%!

I think you're seeing mostly east valley folks because its in their backyard. SW is not in my backyard but is very convenient for me. It wouldn't really be convenient to go way out west and back to the Pavs either. Just a suggestion, maybe we should start a cruise night one or two nights a month. Make it a seperate event from the Pavs. I know I don't care to spend 5-6 hrs out there like some people and if we had a cruise for dinner maybe more of the wives would participate too. Just my .02

We could have it in a different part of the valley each time. I don't mind going for a ride in the Vette as long as it's not to the same place 30 mi away each time.

Ok, I guess it's up to me to be the one to complain, could you pick a spot just a little farther east?? :banghead

3,503 lbs of trouble
I think you're seeing mostly east valley folks because its in their backyard.

If we do it at the Rock Springs Cafe we might even see Kameron and Keith :eek:

We'd have to do it at Dwayne's house though cause I think that's the only place worth eatin in Gila Bend! :smilelol: :smilelol:

Maybe there's a "roach coach" that stops for workers at Palo Verde? That's about as good as it gets in Gila Bend? :lol:

If we do it at the Rock Springs Cafe we might even see Kameron and Keith  :eek:

We'd have to do it at Dwayne's house though cause I think that's the only place worth eatin in Gila Bend!  :smilelol:smilelol:

Maybe there's a "roach coach" that stops for workers at Palo Verde?  That's about as good as it gets in Gila Bend?  :lol:

Eddie you are BRUTAL!!!

&

I LOVE IT!!!

:smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol:

Phil... :devil

You have to understand. I've been here in AZ 47yrs and remember the fond words my Dad had for gas stations in Gila Bend when we had to have radiator hoses/fan belts replaced and they charged 5times what it should have cost. I'm sure it's a great little town and a wonderful place to raise your kids in todays drug and gang infested schools but I consider it payback for ole times sake!

Besides Dwayne is so fun to mess with! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, and I got in trouble when I first joined the ACE by offering help to anyone who has a breakdown here, just call me and I can get parts and service at a reduced cost compared to the normal traveler.

I think everyone thought I was into it for something in my pocket at the same time...

As for eating at my house, I'll thaw out the good bologna!!! :ack

• 3 weeks later...
I am tending to agree with you on this one. I know the West Coast gang dosen't like the long drive, but would Fountian Hills be any better ?

I was already thinking that we may want to hit some other places, and was willing to hear some suggestions.

By the way - I am splitting this part off and moving it to events and giving it it's own topic.

I have been trying to get a hold of him as he had some C5 front tires for free and I want them as spares for my front tires.

Have not gotten any replies.

3,503 lbs of trouble
well, just FYI, i was informed today that Rich is NO LONGER at the hooters in east mesa - our waitress Stephanie, he moved into a house quite a bit away from there - just not sure if he "relocated" to a different hooters or not - she wasn't sure either!

he's been gone for a "couple of months"

just thought i'd pass this on - so, now i'd like to know if he has transferred locations?!?!?!?! :cone:

Guess we'll take up this this topic again towards the end of May for the first Saturday in June...

Guest waymirec

I definitely hope to be there, as long as my car is ready. If it is not ready I won't be able to attend as I will be camped outside Arizona Auto Werks. Don't know where it's at but this would be the perfect opportunity to test out the NAV system :)