Corvette Saturday at Hooters? Or Somewhere else?

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble
Yeah, I am doing Hooters - wouldn't miss it -haven't missed one yet.

I am tending to agree with you on this one. I know the West Coast gang dosen't like the long drive, but would Fountian Hills be any better ?

I was already thinking that we may want to hit some other places, and was willing to hear some suggestions.

By the way - I am splitting this part off and moving it to events and giving it it's own topic.

I too would vote for the Split Window, but I'm selfish cause it's about 1/3 of the distance for me.

Second thought would be a Sonic Drive-In. I know summers coming and it would be hot, but how long are we there? Here's some possible locations.

2870 NORTH HAYDEN ROAD

SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85257

4740 EAST BASELINE ROAD

PHOENIX, AZ 85040

1122 EAST BROADWAY ROAD

TEMPE, AZ 85282

Maybe Joes Crabshack or 5 and Diner at AZ Mills?

IMHO Hooters hasn't figured out they're overcharging for an outdated format with very average food. If the waitresses weren't in those outfits most of them would be very average looking. Those outfits were okay for the first 5 yrs they were open but come on folks how many times can you see the same women and enjoy paying outrageous prices for beer and average wings? Sorry Rich!

3,503 lbs of trouble
I too would vote for the Split Window, but I'm selfish cause it's about 1/3 of the distance for me...

IMHO Hooters hasn't figured out they're overcharging for an outdated format with very average food. If the waitresses weren't in those outfits most of them would be very average looking. Those outfits were okay for the first 5 yrs they were open but come on folks how many times can you see the same women and enjoy paying outrageous prices for beer and average wings? Sorry Rich!

Guest Kens06

Why does it have to be at the same place every month??

I know that Hooters and Vettes go together as a meeting place for an occasional event!

Mesa was picked because of Rich and the parking thing.

I like the idea of changing the location every month because it just seems to be a staging for the PAV's anyway!!

Whoever shows up one month get's to vote to pick the location for the next month, which may be the same place if they are treated well!! :drinkers

I vote for Split window this Sat, I was at Mesa Hooters last Sat!! :rolf:rolf

Ken

I have NO problem with it moving around.

Other's who don't keep up to date may have a problem - but hey - that's what we have a calendar for. If they don't watch it that is their problem.

However, do you think we can make a change from Hooters to Split Window this Sat? Will everyone find out? I know people like Randy and a few others only check in here once every 2 weeks. We are talking about a change with only 3 days notice.

If you all say it's good, It's good with me. I will change it on our calendar and post in CF SW Events section.

I like the idea about deciding at one months lunch where the next months lunch will be.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hmmm. I dont' care. I never drive my car anymore anyway. So, the longer the drive, the more time I get to spend driving my baby and remembering how awesome my car is and how much I love driving it. So, Ill go to timbucktoo for all I care.

I do like the Split Window Diner! So, yeah, lets hook up there this weekend.

5 and diner has no way to do group seating. And next month, May, will be at Keith and Kelly's place in Camp Verde.

:burnout: will be returning from San Antoinio with Johnnie, don't think we will make it!!! :D Split Window is a great idea, it is close to FT. Mcdowell. :willy

Blacksedan87
It's South of AZ Mills down I10 just off the freeway at either Warner or Ray. That location has a long extended parking lot taylor made for a row of Vettes. I was in a car show there last year. If we do a 5 & Diner lunch or dinner down the road, I suggest this one. I will get the exact address.

Okay - here's my very first post out here. Woo,Woo!! :rolleyes:

The 5 and Diner is on Ray and 54th Street, first light east of I10 on the south side of the street. It's in the same mall as Home Depot, Sam's Club and Border's.

Brian - thanks for wondering about me.......I'd have found out one way or the other! :lol:

Split Window works fine for me - and I think people like Cort and a few others who live in North Phoenix will find this location more agreeable. The other thing on the plus side for the Split Window is that the menu offers a lot more variety.

So - let's celebrate my first post! :party

Judy and I will be there 11-ish!

Welcome Mr Mayor! :smilelol: ! :smilelol: !

Glad to see you can join us locally on this forum.

Now for the serious stuff :P

Split Window will be fine, but I will miss going to Hooters, because I like them NAKED & HOT. :D :D :D

I support voting for a location each month by the members who attend the Corvette Saturday lunch gathering. The other thing we could do is allow everyone to write down their choice and drop into a hat and someone pull it out. Just a thought.

See you on Saturday... :devil

3,503 lbs of trouble
It's South of AZ Mills down I10 just off the freeway at either Warner or Ray. That location has a long extended parking lot taylor made for a row of Vettes. I was in a car show there last year. If we do a 5 & Diner lunch or dinner down the road, I suggest this one. I will get the exact address.

The 5 and Diner is on Ray and 54th Street, first light east of I10 on the south side of the street. It's in the same mall as Home Depot, Sam's Club and Border's.

3,503 lbs of trouble

I've let the Split Window know we are coming Sat. morning around 11ish so they are ready for us.

That's teh one!

Welcome to thee "other" forum where you don't get this: :cfdeadagain from the CF server twice a day. :thumbs: :cheers:

Welcome aboard the "other" Forum Randy! This one's somewhere between C5 general and CFOT. I haven't seen anyone sent to Banned Camp yet at least! :lol: :lol:

Blacksedan87

Thanks for the warm welcome, my constituents!!!! :smilelol:

It's good to be among my peeps! :P I'll say one thing for sure, this Forum has better Smilies! And so far I haven't gotten locked!

I talked to Keith Loyd - he is excited to have lunch at the Split Window. He said someone should contact Mike R. and tell him where we're planning to dine. I think even Cort might awaken early from his long winter's nap and meet us at 11-ish!

I too like the idea of different venues each month, but the Split Window is a great choice. I wouldn't mind if we went there more often, and I'm sure that Dave would welcome us!

I worry a little about how well he does there, and it would be a darn shame if he didn't make it. As fellow Vette owners we need to do our part to make sure that a place like the Split Window sticks around! (How's that Phil - spoken like a true politician?) Maybe we should get the Rev. Jesse Jackson involved, he pops up in the strangest places! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and as far as getting sent to Banned Camp......I'll work on my technique! :D

Oh yeah and as far as getting sent to Banned Camp......I'll work on my technique! :D

:toetap  We are watching you.  :toetap

:smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol:

What's that line about the Fox watching the Henhouse? :yesnod:

Guest racingchester

See yah at Split Window. For us who have never been there - where is it?????

Fountain Hills aint that big!!!