I Am Issuing An Official Challenge To Glenn (iculukin)

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

are we bracket racing.... i have 160hp AWD *4cyl.. vs your 1000 hp Yukon... hardly fair... The element runs 17's... no one wants to see that... LOL

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com
are we bracket racing.... i have 160hp AWD *4cyl.. vs your 1000 hp Yukon... hardly fair... The element runs 17's... no one wants to see that... LOL

My Yukon has 1000hp when it's being pushed by your Vette :yesnod

3,503 lbs of trouble

My T-bird runs 17s. Hmmm...

• 1 month later...

hmmmm ----- now you want bracket racing ??? Click here

no.. bracket racing is still gay... .

Why is bracket racing gay?

Steve

Had to ask didn't you? :toetap

I'll bet you can't answer in 100 words or less Glenn :lol

Well yeah. Maybe I'm missing something. Is it like, totally FLAMER gay or just regular gay? :lol

Glenn just doesn't like it. He can match against just about anyone with the HP he has so it levels the playing field. If I had that kind of HP I'd probably want to go head to head too. Just two different kinds of racing as I see it. Either you like it or you don't. There have been several rather lengthy threads about Glenn's dislike of bracket racing. Some rather spirited debate.

To answer your question, I think just regular gay. :lol

Guest UVETTYA

Well yeah. Maybe I'm missing something. Is it like, totally FLAMER gay or just regular gay? :lol

Glenn just doesn't like it. He can match against just about anyone with the HP he has so it levels the playing field. If I had that kind of HP I'd probably want to go head to head too. Just two different kinds of racing as I see it. Either you like it or you don't. There have been several rather lengthy threads about Glenn's dislike of bracket racing. Some rather spirited debate.

To answer your question, I think just regular gay. :lol

Ok. To each his own. Thanks for the explanation. :thumbs

no.. bracket racing is still gay... .

Why is bracket racing gay?

Steve

Its gay because it does not make for good racing. How exciting is it to watch two slow cars race.. or one slow car and one fast car... I will bet that I will beat any vette on this board in my honda element in bracket racing. Think I am joking, I am willing to put up a dinner or beer or just straight hard cash on that fact. My element is bone stock down to the aircleaner.. 160BHP AWD automatic.

I will agree that bracket racing allows for the driver to show his skill on the tree, but other than that the car with an automatic transmission and 100 hp will kick the crap out of any streetable race car. The only way bracket racing would be even slightly cool is if there were 2 purpose built racecars that were so incredibly consistant, for example John Forces GTX funny car vs Tony Schummackers Go Army Top Fuel. But even then they would both think its gay because its not off a protree.

Glenn

Glenn,

If you can run 1000 hp, then whats the problem with bracket, sure you can run the pro tree, totally flub the launch and still outrun just about every vette here.....

BUT, in bracket racing, YOU have to know how to drive better than you can spend....

BTW, I'm not defending bracket racing, I just think your missing half the fun of racing. If I beat you in my stock 98, I can't brag that I bet 1000 hp, But I can brag that I beat you.

And besides that, how many 1000 HP cars are there out there? You wouldn't even get a race without bracket racing. :smilelol But that's cool, just means you're top dog. :lol

I guess I'm still old school. I'd rather run heads up against someone I think I may or may not beat and may the best man win. I agree it's no fun running stock against a 1000 hp monster but I'm sure there are people with 700-800 hp that think their ability to manage the lights will allow them to win. Guess it boils down to there's something for everyone.

As I said before.. how exciting is the racing when I am pretty sure that I can beat ANY vette on this board with my bone stock Honda Element in bracket racing.

If you all want to put your money where your mouth is, we can always go to firebird on the friday night that they are doing the Gambler bracket racing

Anyway, if you watch the NHRA, you will see that the drivers sometimes have to abort their run due to spinning the tires... The track is ALWAYS preped for them..The mistake is normally the drivers; not the car or the track. Its not much fun for me to go the Fireturd (the NHRA slip and slide) and run 11's because of lack of track prep. I can see how the people with an intake and cat-back would want to bracket race. With a 320 RWHP vette and an automatic you will consistantly run low 13's, to high 12's (depending on tires).. Having a mildly modded c5 vs a mildly modded c4 may be a great bracket race as both cars will leave within a second of each other. But since we are bracket racing what is the motivation to get more horsepower or try new combinations to get the car to go faster (which is the part of the hobby that I enjoy the most)? I also dont think its very exciting (or safe) to have me blowing past you at 140 MPH at the end of the track just to play catch up. Most of you would think its reckless for me to go past you doing 115 while you were driving 75 on the 101 right? Why does the fact that I have a helmet on make it safer for me or you in that situation....BTW the 101 is preped better than the back 1/8 mile of firebird (rubberized asphault sticks pretty good).. Just my .02.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
And besides that, how many 1000 HP cars are there out there? You wouldn't even get a race without bracket racing. :smilelol But that's cool, just means you're top dog. :lol

Theres a couple on here that will give him a run in heads up ;)

Guest AZ Power & Sound
As I said before.. how exciting is the racing when I am pretty sure that I can beat ANY vette on this board with my bone stock Honda Element in bracket racing.

If you all want to put your money where your mouth is, we can always go to firebird on the friday night that they are doing the Gambler bracket racing

Anyway, if you watch the NHRA, you will see that the drivers sometimes have to abort their run due to spinning the tires... The track is ALWAYS preped for them..The mistake is normally the drivers; not the car or the track. Its not much fun for me to go the Fireturd (the NHRA slip and slide) and run 11's because of lack of track prep. I can see how the people with an intake and cat-back would want to bracket race. With a 320 RWHP vette and an automatic you will consistantly run low 13's, to high 12's (depending on tires).. Having a mildly modded c5 vs a mildly modded c4 may be a great bracket race as both cars will leave within a second of each other. But since we are bracket racing what is the motivation to get more horsepower or try new combinations to get the car to go faster (which is the part of the hobby that I enjoy the most)? I also dont think its very exciting (or safe) to have me blowing past you at 140 MPH at the end of the track just to play catch up. Most of you would think its reckless for me to go past you doing 115 while you were driving 75 on the 101 right? Why does the fact that I have a helmet on make it safer for me or you in that situation....BTW the 101 is preped better than the back 1/8 mile of firebird (rubberized asphault sticks pretty good).. Just my .02.

Do you have a cage in your car? Speedworld is getting finicky now on fast cars and if they dont let up I may have to look into a cage just so I can go out and race... kinda curious what some of the nicer cages look like in a vette.