NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New Rotors

nort99

I am think about replacing my stock rotors on my c5 with some new rotors drilled and slotted. I am not looking to spend a bunch. If you have a suggestions I would like to see them please. And new pads that do not make so much dust, but still stop me. :D

Thanks

I am think about replacing my stock rotors on my c5 with some new rotors drilled and slotted. I am not looking to spend a bunch. If you have a suggestions I would like to see them please. And new pads that do not make so much dust, but still stop me. :D

Thanks

Check these out

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLM...Front+-+Hi-Perf

I went to the GM ceramic pads. Some people say they don't stop as well but I don't deal with repeated high speed stops as much as I deal with the daily brake dust. I would use them again in a min. I got mine from Fred Beans.

Baer Eradi-Speed Rotors.....I got mine @ AZPS Mike hook me up on those And the look is great a little bling bling baby...

post-168-1164137796.jpg

post-168-1164137835.jpg

Baer Eradi-Speed Rotors.....I got mine @ AZPS Mike hook me up on those And the look is great a little bling bling baby...

Paint them calipers dude. :toetap:) But nice look all the same. :thumbs

I now I will I'm going to paint them black......everyone has red...

Guest UVETTYA

I buy my rotors at NAPA for about $100 a set. They are pretty much OEM quality. Since I'll probably only track the car once or twice a year, these are good enough. I also use the ACDelco ceramic pads.

Here's a link to the NAPA

Rotors

If you want drilled and slotted, they have them too...

Drilled and Slotted

I now I will I'm going to paint them black......everyone has red...

Black is OK, but it does not stand out much. :thumbs

Thanks

I got the NAPA ones and Ive been happy ever since.

It is usally in stock at the NAPA wharehouse location off of i17 and thomas.

If I get the ones from napa, will they rust? I mean the center and the edges are they coated?

ChadC, or "Cahd" as he is affectionately known, promised to paint mine and my calipers with some o' that high-temp sh!t in exchange for like a case of Meister BraÜ and one of those blow-up Britney Spears dolls. :P Huh, Cahd? Ole' buddy, ole' pal! :rolf

No, the NAPA disks need the caps to be painted!

Drilled and slotted is a marketing ploy!!

If they were BETTER brakes, I think they would be on the C6R!!

Braking is about heat transfer.

Drilling and/or channeling looks cool but the transfer of heat, the result of clamping pressure of the pads is reduced.

Way back when. The composition of brake pads, under extreme heat caused gasses to be released and form a gas barrier to be developed between the brake disk and pad. They though of releasing that pressure by drilling!

Now you have reduced the mass of absortion material, so you need bigger rotors.

Hey, how about finding a braking material that doesn't creat a gas layer!!

We are talking Racing here, not a saturday at ProAutoSport!

Go to NAPA, buy a can of Hi-temp paint, and get their disks!

I road raced with ceramic pads at Firebird and blued my disks but no warping!

They DO NOT stop as hard, but for anything less than every weekend racing, they are great!

Very little dust between washes!

Ken

I agree with you Ken that the drilled and slotted roters for us "weekend warriors" are a waste.

however I am a poser

rapper_11.jpg

and I need them to impress my friends

that is the only reason I want them is for the looks. :D Should I get ceramic pad or smi ceramic pads.

Hey Ken, the ones on the C6R are ceramic rotors at $10,000 a set. Seeing as most of us don't have that kind of dough then the next best thing is slotted to release the gas layer. I got the drilled and slotted because I think that they look better than plain or just slotted. They are also plated to reduce rusting. I haven't road raced them yet, but I think that they will hold up ok and at $150 a set I can replace them if they don't. :2cents Robert :burnout

that is the only reason I want them is for the looks. :D Should I get ceramic pad or smi ceramic pads.

If you want the bling, go for it!!

They do look nice!!

The ceramic pads will bring the dusting to near zero!!

The pad manufacturer is a moot point!

Ken

Been three hours just trying to get an anti rattle clip in my front calibers It there an easy way.... It sure has me pissed off.

Guest Sidewinder

Get ya a can of flat black for the rotor hats. It will stick to anything and holds up to the temps. Don't forget to get ya a can of stop squeel and put it on the back of the pads. Might help ya avoid pulling the brakes apart again because they make noise. As far as the clip goes it should just go right in if your not trying to put it in backwards. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA

I had to hammer my clips in. I'd use at least a 2 pound ballpeen and you'll have to really give her a good smack to get that little booger in there all the way!

JUST KIDDING! Don't use a hammer Mike! :lol

If it's tough getting it in, then something's not right.

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
Get ya a can of flat black for the rotor hats. It will stick to anything and holds up to the temps.

Just plain ole flat black Krylon, Mark? Are you sure that'll hold up to the heat? I burnt the factory paint off my rotors at the SECC DE.

Steve

Yep got them on and finally got that dam clip to go in. Used a five pound hammer with a 400 pound guy swinging it. Finally went. Picked up Performance drilled and slotted rotors from Napa and got me some ceramix pads also with life time warranty. Pictures to follow in the sunlight tomorrow. I did not use black paint, I use chrome hight temp paint. So far they look great. :D Time will tell. :bang