Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCMSH

• Chameleon

• JLs Mistress

• coconut girl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest badbobs95

I was just told by a reputable source that one big change this year is whatever club you belong to, you cannot vote for any car that's in your club. I think this is a long time coming and the fairest way to handle the judging. So don't be surprised. :) 

I was just told by a reputable source that one big change this year is whatever club you belong to, you cannot vote for any car that's in your club. I think this is a long time coming and the fairest way to handle the judging. So don't be surprised. :) 

I heard this also. I won't be voting this year.

Well that's just fine!!

Because as we learned last year ACE is not a CLUB!!

So this rule by default does not apply to the ACE group. 

SLAMMER

Whiskey Row was not the same without you.

Had all the booze trucks lined up expecting me no doubt, hopefully the local economy didn't take too hard of a hit :lol

I was underwhelmed.  poor organizing.  their paper said awards at the palace at 3, then got to the courthouse steps only to be in time to smell them pumping the outhouses while everyone is sitting there, and their voting change doesn't allow one to be objective and cut out a whole bunch of cars that didn't get votes because they are in a club.  also their audio system drowned out by the band in the street.  wont be there next year.

Must agree about poor organizing .. The Palace did not work out because of lack of space . They told me that when they said if your car did not have a note on the front window by 2:30 you did not win and could leave if you wanted. Would also agree about the PA system being weak.. 

All in all the weather was  54 as a low and 85 as a high..Had a great time sure beat staying in the valley for the weekend ...

Sorry to hear. Hopefully the new group learned from this year and will use that knowledge to improve overall. No doubt trying to coordinate all those cars, bodies, and egos is a daunting task to say the least 

When I read you can't vote for your own club, my first thought was "man that's screwy". Big clubs will boost smaller clubs votes while the smaller clubs will only have a few votes for outside of their club. 

I'm sure this was in implemented incase one club showed up in droves and stole the vote for their own club  

Either make it a judged event or let everyone vote how they want.  

I didn't like it either, but I learned that this policy was implemented in response to very bad behavior by a club that shall remain nameless.

I had a long conversation with several members of Prescott Vette Sette leadership, they are acutely aware of the many problems, and trying very hard to overcome them and make the Prescott Corvette show a truly premiere event. Time will tell...

All of this BS is why I don't do the show thing. I only spectate. 

:agree Anytime awards are given by a small group to the paid participants, you just know the BS will run deep and wide.

Many years ago, car clubs were paid by businesses to put on shows that would attract customers. The participants never paid anything and awards, if any, were paid for by the club or the business. If the PVS would tell the local businesses they'd move the show to a different location, unless they'd pay for awards, etc, you'd see a whole new flavor of cooperation and organization.

Tom at this event its going to the fireman's fund . I would still go if they called the 45.00  a parking fee for the day..I like looking at all the cool cars.

Hey group, congratulations to John JL's Mistress for winning again! All he did all day was dust, dust, dust. I wonder why. :) :cheers

Congrats to ya John! Good on ya!

I took a few pics, most of the pics with people in it are from go pro just walking around.  I don't know anyone from forums yet (other than Bob) so if you see someone you recognize in pics call em out!   

We left a little early to cruise up to Jerome.   Was nice to see variety of vette's for sure!

http://sohcracer.wix.com/fabfreak#!prescott-corvette-carshow-2015/c10yp

Prescott.jpg