9th Annual Prescott All Corvette Show

iflew4u

Don't miss The 9th Annual Historic Prescott Corvette Show

For those that want to cruise in together to the show and park as a group, meet at Costco on the east side of Prescott, south side of the highway. 

Address: 3911 Highway 69.  Meet up in time to depart as a group at 7:30 a.m.    See you there!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCMSH

• Chameleon

• JLs Mistress

• coconut girl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Friday - September 25 - Burger Bash and Party Under the Tent

Welcome to :ACE:

I have a question...

Is the burger bash open to "non-club" umm...err.. clubs ????

(or do we need to have are own non-club burger bash ..

so those in "real" clubs don't have to worry about ACE outnumbering them)

P.S. sorry to sound bitter, but that "Most Participation" award thing was total BS.

P.P.S. I fixed your flyer link.

Friday - September 25 - Burger Bash and Party Under the Tent

Welcome to :ACE:

I have a question...

Is the burger bash open to "non-club" umm...err.. clubs ????

(or do we need to have are own non-club burger bash ..

so those in "real" clubs don't have to worry about ACE outnumbering them)

P.S. sorry to sound bitter, but that "Most Participation" award thing was total BS.

P.P.S. I fixed your flyer link.

Change your tampon already & let it go! Jaded like a little girl stomped by her first crush. LOL

Let's all put in $1.00 so we can buy a HUGE trophy for the biggest non-club participation. Dawg could bring it with him to this years show and place it in front of his car on the square.

I suggest placement should be first thing in the morning for the full effect!!

That would most certainly stir the pot of controversy.

SLAMMER

PLEASE SEND YOUR DONATIONS TO ME. THE LARGER THE POT THE BIGGER THE TROPHY!!

Guest badbobs95

Let's all put in $1.00 so we can buy a HUGE trophy for the biggest non-club participation. Dawg could bring it with him to this years show and place it in front of his car on the square.

I suggest placement should be first thing in the morning for the full effect!!

That would most certainly stir the pot of controversy.

SLAMMER

PLEASE SEND YOUR DONATIONS TO ME. THE LARGER THE POT THE BIGGER THE TROPHY!!

Where do we send our donations? I heard you lived on someone's back porch with only a tiny mini-fridge and an old couch to sleep on. P.O.Box maybe? :crazyphil::spinin::spinin::spinin::spinin::sorry: I had to.

coconut girl

The Car Sow appears to be run by different folks this year.

Maybe we should ask them what they plan to do with clubs vs non-clubs.

If ACE is a non-club I say we boycott and send donations directly to the Prescott Firefighter's Charities under ACE's name.

I have never missed one of these shows but what happened last year sucked!

The guy that started this thread lives in Mesa so I don't think he is part of Prescott Vette Sette.

Yes different folks are running the show this year, but I'm not sure if it was Dennis' (the gentleman that ran it for all the previous years) idea to go with the Non-Club award last year. After talking to him when I got all the awards for ACE last year I got the impression that it was not his idea. In any event, as long as my schedule permits, I plan on going to the show again this year. I have gone to all of them after the first one and it is my favorite show each year. However, after what happened last year I will not be pushing the ACEholes to attend like I did last year. If I go I will post a thread about a meeting place for those who want to go, but I will not do that until much closer to the show date. Just my two cents!

wickedfastvette

If ACE is a non-club I say we boycott and send donations directly to the Prescott Firefighter's Charities under ACE's name.

The guy that started this thread lives in Mesa so I don't think he is part of Prescott Vette Sette.

I agree with this, what they pulled last year was total BS!

coconut girl

I agree with this, what they pulled last year was total BS!

If the show had not been rained out and everyone had not left before the trophy presentation it would have probably been the loudest booing Prescott has ever heard. I went back and looked...ACE had at least 54 cars. That is 1/5 of the 250 cars that will be in the show this year that may not show up this year.

Grape Ape

I might be abe to make this show this year. Not going to the show in Nebraska this year. Have 2 weddings to attend that are going to use up my vacation time don't have schedules. Soooo, if this is a go I might see ya there if we go. I'm only typing this post so I can have it bookmarked and I will get the updates from it. Am I talking to much or should I just keep talking? I really have nothing to say. I'll sign off now and leave you all alone. September is a ways off so I have time to think about this.

wickedfastvette

I might be abe to make this show this year. Not going to the show in Nebraska this year. Have 2 weddings to attend that are going to use up my vacation time don't have schedules. Soooo, if this is a go I might see ya there if we go. I'm only typing this post so I can have it bookmarked and I will get the updates from it. Am I talking to much or should I just keep talking? I really have nothing to say. I'll sign off now and leave you all alone. September is a ways off so I have time to think about this.

Did you drink a lot of coffee this morning Mark??? :spinin:

I'll stick with the majority vote.let's see what divisions they offer this year.

I just do not get where you all are coming from. First, all I here is how ACE is not a club, just a fun loving group of folks who all have the same interest regarding owning a Corvette and participating in events to enjoy the friendship and companionship in conjunction with the car in the garage. All I read last year regarding this event after it took place and now is how ACE was slighted by not getting a dust collecting trophy pertaining to participation at the event. If the event organizers have criteria that states awards are given to clubs, ie: organized clubs, then what bitch do any of the ACE, non club members have. It is their sandbox. If you choose to play in it, play and accept their rules otherwise find another event, maybe planned and hosted by one of the ACE, non club members and enjoy the good time and friendship of all who participate. I do realize I am a newbe to this group, but not to Corvette Clubs in general. Bought my first at 21 in 1977 and went through the politics of being a member of more than one club here in the valley. I was initially attracted to this group based on the premiss of being here to have a good time, enjoying each others company and generally not getting caught up with the bullshit that does not really matter at the end of the day. If you want to go up to a weekend car show, do so because you want to to enjoy the event. If you are going in mass to realize a prize, maybe self introspection of what is important required.

If I offend anyone with this post, so be it. Pull up your big boy panties and move on.

Chas B.

If my post is based on mis-information and or incorrect summation, I am old enough to here about it.

Chas, since you are fairly new to ACE I'll try to explain why many ACEholes are a little upset about this show. If any ACEholes feel that my explanation is not correct, please chime in.

For many years Fast Glass Corvette Club won the "club participation award". I was a member of that club during these years and they got many of their members to come to show so they could win the award. Most of their members that went to the show did not attend any other shows during this time period. They simply were not car show people, just like most ACEholes.

Two years ago the only award available was still the "club participation award". By that time I was not part of Fast Glass and was fairly active in ACE. So several of us ACEholes decided to try and make a good showing at the show. I believe we had somewhere around 30 cars show up that year. At the awards presentation it was announced that ACE and Fast Glass had the same number of cars at the show and that since Fast Glass had won that award for several years, the decision was made to give the "club participation award" to ACE.

We heard shortly after the show that several Fast Glass members were upset that ACE got the award since ACE is not a "real club". We didn't know that they apparently kept on complaining about that until last year's show.

So when it came time to think about going to last years show, several of us (me mainly) did all we could to get as many ACEholes as we could to go to the show. No problem with that. Its a great show and I always go regardless. What irritated some of us is that even though the host club knew that for the first time in their shows' history there would be a "club participation award" and a "non-club participation award", they did not tell us. They kept on playing ACE against Fast Glass and telling us (and I assume Fast Glass) how many cars the other group had registered to keep the competition going. This was of course done to get as many cars signed up as they could. As a result Fast Glass got somewhere around 35 cars signed up and we got well over 50. Many of the ACEholes, and I presume some of the Fast Glass members, would not have gone if they realized there was no real competition between the groups since there was going to be two participation awards. If we had been told that there would be two participation awards instead of the usual one then no one would have been upset when ACE won the "non-club participation award" and Fast Glass got the "club participation award".

Like I said above, as long as I can I will be going to the show again this fall. Its a great show each year. But I will not be putting pressure on any other ACEhole to attend. I have no idea what the host club is planning on for this year. Their flier does not mention any participation awards and they may not even know at this early stage. Please keep in mind that my opinion is just that, my opinion, and I am a hard core car show guy and go to around 20 shows a year. Hope the above makes sense!

Guest badbobs95

Whatever!!!! :facepalm: I usually go because it's FUN! Not to win another trophy. I give mine away because I'm too old to give a poo about winning a dust collector. I'm in ACE because of the people. I've made so many friends here. At least they pretend to be my friend when they need a detail!!! :crayon::circle::sucks:

Whatever!!!! :facepalm: I usually go because it's FUN! Not to win another trophy. I give mine away because I'm too old to give a poo about winning a dust collector. I'm in ACE because of the people. I've made so many friends here. At least they pretend to be my friend when they need a detail!!! :crayon::circle::sucks:

Well Bob, I have to admit I still like collecting trophies, that's why I did what I did to my car. I get them, take a picture, then store them away. Oh by the way, we are all just pretending to be your friend!!!!!!!!! :laughing gut bustin:

coconut girl

Larry I think you explained it quite well.

If you go back to the thread from last year the facts show that is exactly what happened.

From Chas4570 " If the event organizers have criteria that states awards are given to clubs, ie: organized clubs, then what bitch do any of the ACE, non club members have."

This was NOT the case. Ace was not told the rules had changed.

Enough said.

Well said Larry!

OMG, I believe that is the first time a woman has ever agreed with anything I've said!!! Thanks!!!

I do sincerely appreciate the level toned explanation regarding the situation. Sorry you all have had a dark cloud put over what should be just a fun event and good times.

Chas

Yeah...there was a dark cloud...helluva wind and rainstorm, too!! But, I found out my wipers work...

Had to spend the rest of the miserable day drinking in several places on Whiskey Row....

Might have to do it again!