NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anyone For Fri Nite Drags @ Firebird 10/27?

VetteTax

Well I just got back from Firebird.

Still need to work on the launch and air down the rear tires more I believe.

1st run 12.22 @ 123.11

2nd run 11.88 @ 124.10

3rd run 12.07 @ 122.92

The car threw codes (TC, ABS, ALB) on the 2nd burn out and gave it one more pass and then ran into Mark who gave me a hand to try and reset them. Thanks Mark for giving it a shot on the fly with his McGyver pocket pliers. He was successful removing my negitive battery cable to try and reset the codes and relearn. But all the codes did not go away. He thought because I was running with a different tire size, and possibly no sensors, was the reason for the codes. Very possible, first time I have run with these tires on the rear.

Then we discovered an exhaust leak from the left side header. So I definetly decided to call it quits for the night.

All in all, a very good night out there. Lots of Corvettes out there running.

I did see the following members out there.

Tom - Buccaneer

Robert - Qicktrip :burnout

Mark - Sidewinder

Tanya - Xlr8tnc5

Dianne

Jay :burnout

BJ

NicD

Steve - Eleswun (saw his Viper only)

Joe - Sloryde :burnout

Phil... :devil

Wow Phil, in the 11's.... that's great!!! :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

The drag radials helped I was just looking at some old time slips from Speedworld, and my best time out there was 12.58 @ 118.29. I did trap that day with a 122 mph best ET that day. So it was alot better with the clutch I had installed last spring and the drag radials. Now to work on the launch. :banghead

Nice runs Phil, even if it seemed a tad slow on the launches. 11.8 is a great time none the less for not having the car dialed in with those tires yet. The track looked like it was preped pretty good because of Ford Fun weekend tomorrow and Sunday all the way out past the 60 ft.

There was a ton of 10 second runs all night by a lot of people. The fastest time was by two mustangs, one was 8.8 and 9.3 at least until the killer camaro came out at the end of the night with an awesome wheel standing through first and into second gear run of 8.5. :burnout Chevy rules! :flag

It was a nice time out there and the weather was perfect for racing. I want to come out to Speedworld on the 19th, but I have a new contract that starts on the 17th and will have me working that weekend sat and sun late at the Arizona Internal Revenue Department. But since I'll be in Phoenix, I may come later if its not too late. What time does Speedworld shutdown on Sunday nights Steve?

btw...where the hell did you go Mark? Jim and I waited for you down by your car for a while and decided that you got lost in the Men's room...Mmmmmm! :eek

I got my best RT, ET and speed, but not on the same run. :lol Best RT was .034, best ET was 13.655 and best speed was 104.56. Still need to work on my launch, but I'm happy with those numbers. Man, there was a bunch of people there!! We had to wait over a half hour for them to clean up after a VW blew. Great weather, nice and cool. Seeya, Robert :burnout

Hey Phil......I meant to talk to you but could never find ya. Sorry about boxing you in. Im a little :crazy . I did ok. Got one pass in before they booted me. A new best.....

r/t - .031

60' - 1.560

330' - 4.594

1/8 - 7.083

mph - 99.14

1000' - 9.229

1/4 - 11.029

mph - 126.73

TRack prep turned out better than I expected.

:clap Steve very good run, :clap

What have you done to your Viper performance wise?

As for blocking me, not a problem I was able to get out. That is when Mark was trying to help with the codes, but we needed some tools, so we went over to his Vette.

Talk to you later.

Guest XLR8TNC5

What is this "MARKS" Vette chit????????? That was MY vette you yahoos!!!!!!!!

Anyway, sorry I missed you all! I was there, but I was wayyyy up in the stands making fun of interior decorators with my g/f Genevy. lol. I saw a few of you, but the opportunity never presented itself to come say HOLA! lol.

Damn, you would think you all would know the difference between MArk's 12 second Z06 and MY 11 second Coupe by now! LOL. I know, I wasn't racing it lastnight. I just got it back and haven't driven it in nearly two months and I want to make sure the CLB is all good to go for a few days before ran it.

Next visit to the track though, I WILL run it. And I will be the one doing 11's in it rather than Mark. lol....

Nice runs Robert and Phil. Yeah, you should have heard the announcer when Phil ran the 11's. "A VERY IMPRESSIVE RUN BY THE CORVETTE!" Duh, he was an idiot!

That silver Viper you got there Eleswun was just amazing to watch! Gorgeous car!

See you all later,

Tanya

P.S. We left around 1030pm and went to Hooters to get some grub. That's where Mark disappeared to.

Great fun, first time on track

first run 14.03 100.85

second run tried it sideways, bounced head off window DONE

will try speedworld

Hey Phil, so did you mess something up with some sensors or what? not good when your lights come on on the dash. Did you and Mark completely fix the issue?

:clap Steve very good run, :clap

What have you done to your Viper performance wise?

As for blocking me, not a problem I was able to get out. That is when Mark was trying to help with the codes, but we needed some tools, so we went over to his Vette.

Talk to you later.

Heads, headers, rocker, gear.....oh and tires :cool

I think I was at the wrong track. Didn't see any of your regulars. But met a bunch of new guys, 3 with silver C6's, a red C5Z, and black C5Z

Made 4 runs:

Best R/T .018

Best 60' 1.999

Best ETA was 12.629, a personal best!

Best MPH 111.78

Guest UVETTYA

Dam dam dam!

I hate work!

Sounds like you all had a blast.

Phil, those are some darn good times. :thumbs There's a low 11's in your future I'm sure.

I've had TC/AH codes after a dino run so I'll bet you're ok. They cleared after driving the car, shutting it off and restarting it. If they don't clear you can go to AutoZone and they have an OBDII reader that can reset the codes. Then you can see if they come back. I have one too if you need it, let me know.

Everyone else, good runs. I know you had fun. :thumbs

Shouldn't need any tools or code readers to clear those codes -

http://corvettedoctor.com/2004_DTC_Codes.html

this site tells you how to get into diagnostic mode and clear codes - and on the second page, it gives you the meaning of most codes!

Dam dam dam!

I hate work!

Sounds like you all had a blast.

Phil, those are some darn good times. :thumbs There's a low 11's in your future I'm sure.

I've had TC/AH codes after a dino run so I'll bet you're ok. They cleared after driving the car, shutting it off and restarting it. If they don't clear you can go to AutoZone and they have an OBDII reader that can reset the codes. Then you can see if they come back. I have one too if you need it, let me know.

Everyone else, good runs. I know you had fun. :thumbs