NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anyone For Fri Nite Drags @ Firebird 10/27?

VetteTax

I can't race my ride yet, but I'll go watch you beat...uhm race your car this friday. :clap Phil, bring your beast out for some racing. Jim is itching to go racing, maybe he will take his car out also. :burnout

I wish I could go this Friday but I will be leaving town for the weekend.

Besides I am waiting for a Racing Jacket to arrive before I can race at one of the tracks. Rule change for Forced Induction/Nitrous this year.

Have fun and drive safe.

Phil... :devil

Jay and I will be there and we know of about 5 other cars from Sun Country Club that are going. It should be a good vette crowd and a lot of fun. :clap

Guest UVETTYA

Not to be a detractor but Fri and Sat nights don't produce the best drag racing. Those are ricer nights and they drive through the water box with FWD and street tires. Their back tires leave water on the track and that makes it impossible to get a good launch. They don't prep the track past the 60 ft and that's probably why Andrew was sideways in second gear. I've been sideways in 2nd and 3rd gear at both tracks on Fri and Sat night. If you want good track prep you have to go on a Saturday or Sunday morning when the big cars are running. :2cents

Thanks for the warning! We are going mostly to go and hang out with the other corvettes. Being our first time, we'll probably be extra cautious. But we are still going to go and have some fun. Hope some ACE people go too! We are all a little :crazy - so that's what makes it fun.

Hey Steve, if you get to Firebird early you can avoid most of the ricers and get in some good runs. They open at 6pm and start at 7ish. If your not running slicks, there is NO reason to go through the water. It will slow you down for sure as if your running a Crossfire...Oops! Did I say that? :smilelol

But if your a ricer, going through the water and losing 3,000 - 5,000 miles off your tires is cool...LOL! :crazy

Guest UVETTYA

Yep, I always drive around and then back into the water box so I don't mess up my own launch. It's kinda hard for front wheel cars to do that. :lol All they really need to do is a dry burnout to clean them up a little but I can understand... the burnout is a lot of fun.

Anyone who wants to go Friday night, a bunch of people are meeting at the Quik Trip at 5:45 p.m. at 7th Street and the 101. I am assuming they will leave by 6:00, but I'm not sure. If you don't want to meet, we'll see you there.

Guest Chad@AZPS

I will be there with my Trailblazer SS. I know it is not a vette but it has the heart of one. Hope to see everyone out there.

Chad

I'll be there, not in the 'Vette though. I'll have the Ponticrap Fireturd, so I won't be racing, but watching & B.S.ing almost as fun IMO. See Ya then...Joe

Guest XLR8TNC5

My car is still down for the count right now, but maybe I can talk Mark into taking his ride out.

And I don't see any problem with taking DR's through the water box. They aren't regular street tires, but they aren't slicks. They do a great burn out though and hook very nicely when warmed up.

Just my .02.

Maybe we will see you all Friday.

Well, I was going to show up, but now the kids are coming down the mountain friday afternoon.

So it looks like I'm out!

Well, I was going to show up, but now the kids are coming down the mountain friday afternoon.

So it looks like I'm out!

Kids? You mean "Ladies" Get over it Pops, they're in college now ;) Plus I didn't think it was 'cool' to hang with the 'kids.' Or is it just a 'meeting' to hit up mom and dad for more $$$$

I think there vi$it ha$ $ome ulterior motive$ !!!

But it's still nice to see them every now and then.

It's sort of like going to the bank and visiting your money.. :leaving

Hey Dwayne, I called Jim and it looks like he's going out to the track as well, but not to race this time. So if you can make it out there, cool! Beside,s we want to check out your NEW ride. :thumbs

I wish I could come..... i'm still in Portland on business but the good news is I'll be coming home next Wednesday. woohoo.. can't wait.. :cool:

I have a brand new ported and polished supercharger for my Pontiac so I'll be heading to Firebird on November 3rd with the Pontiac.

After I make my first 11 second pass in the GTP, I'll be bringing the Vette just to seee what she'll do in as is condition. yep, even thou it's my second fastest car.

I sure do miss my Vette, its my daily driver so I'm hurting really bad :chris

You guys have fun and post up some vids so I have something to do in the hotel Saturday night.

I was thinking about calling Hertz and seeing if they can reserve me one of those GT500 mustangs because PIR, (Potland International Racway) is having their last street legal drags this weekend and my Pontiac G6 rental car is a flipping joke with its 2.4 ecotec.. :lol

Have fun... :thumbs

I think there vi$it ha$ $ome ulterior motive$ !!!

But it's still nice to see them every now and then.

It's sort of like going to the bank and visiting your money.. :leaving

I always thought of it as checking on my investments.

Sorry Tom.

Wife and girls already have plans for chinese food in Ajo. so it looks like I'm going the wrong direction....

Hopefully soon I can show it off.