• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ted Y

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

• Bigfoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, time for an update. I owe a shout out to Pacesetter (local Phoenix company) who used my car to design and install a their own long tube header for the C5. I finally got them installed along with a Calloway Honker cold air intake and had the car dynoed on a different Dynojet in similar weather. It was the THE LAST day in the 70's that we had before the heat came in.

The car had a stock tune. The only mods were long tubes with a catted x-pipe and the CAI. It was at 370 rwhp and 352 tq. I met the one and only NicD who happened to be present. He looked at my graph and said he thought a tune on my car would net an additional 5-10 hp to be in the 380 range.

I dropped off the car last week to CPR and Joe and his crew installed a Comp cam in the 228/232 .612/.600 range. There's a nice lope at idle and about +20 tq from 3500 rpm to 6700. AND, that was during a dyno tune session at 103 degrees, which was 30 degrees hotter than the dyno before the cam.

The final numbers are 407 rwhp and 372 tq. I'll probably have it re-dynoed in the Fall to get a good comparison. I hope it's around 415-420 in better weather.

Extra 50hp is very noticeable.

Didn't you upgrade shocks/sways too? No love for those parts?

That's true! I got your C6Z sway bars and DRM Bilsteins. The car is rock solid. That was terrific on the Devil's Highway trip.

:party Awesome Ted, did you get a tunnel plate too while they were under there?

:party Awesome Ted, did you get a tunnel plate too while they were under there?

Until I get real seats instead of the bag of marshmallows that GM put in there, additional stiffness is irrelevant. Devil's Highway showed me that.

Do you know the LSA on the cam? Wondering if it's the same cam I had in Green car... Sounds like it, and the tq curve is cherry. Probably going to do the same cam in the Mulletwagon...

I very preferred my 4.10's to my 3.90's. YMMV... But gears really wake the car up.

My cam was a 108+3 LSA, so not the same one, just very close. Big thumbs up dood!!

joe@cpr.com

I very preferred my 4.10's to my 3.90's. YMMV... But gears really wake the car up.

My cam was a 108+3 LSA, so not the same one, just very close. Big thumbs up dood!!

gears on a mn12 trans = no no! Plus gears will make it feel fun on the street from a dig and that's about it.

I forgot... I had teh MN6 not teh m12. So in essence Ted, your m12 trans is like 3.73 gears on a m6. If I remember correctly. So don't do 4.10's.... Steg had 3.73's I think, maybe 3.90's in his black Z. Talk to him...

Desertdawg

I'm jealous, and now I'm probably slower than you .... BUT you don't drive fast, so I win anyway!!!

Very cool. :Score-101010: You're going to have more fun now.

But somehow I didn't suspect that the conservative Ted had this wilder side buried inside and was waiting to unleash it in a flurry. Hmmm. What's next?

Yeah, but then you have to spring for the billet oil cap to prevent mist reversion

Desertdawg

I have a billet oil cap. It was like adding 7.2 horsepower in one mod.

post-3-0-87741800-1433445937_thumb.jpg