This is where it starts for my 2002 Z06

Ted Y

So, I found this hole in the wall little dyno place in the 'hood. I kept telling the operator that my car was a Corvette. But, he kept saying, "Yeah, yer Stang is real nice. Please Don't Blow Up, BRO!"

I thought this was really odd. But since I had driven all that way on a Saturday and he said he would run it for the price of a burger and fries, I went ahead and let him strap it down on the rollers.

My car is completely stock with the factory intake, paper filter and factory GM tune.

20150314_103025_zpsiuiy4ewd.jpg

20150314_103033_zpslykzk1bk.jpg

20150314_110549_zpsq8ilayf6.jpg

20150314_110559_zpsgljze0nk.jpg

Stay "tuned" for future updates! :) On the first run in blue, the engine oil was about 145F. Once it fully warmed up, the second two runs were almost identical.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ted Y

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

• Bigfoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where does it end??

when the engine blows up an you are taking it to phil to invest $10K in performance mods.

Where does it end??

Exactly!

Let me rephrase....have you set any goals like 500 rwhp, or a certain elapsed time, or perhaps something more esoteric like horsepower to weight ratio?

@Chad, I'll take your word for it bro!

The next step is a full exhaust and CAI. I'm planning a series of improvements that will allow me to stop at any given time. Not just engine stuff.

Sweet!

It's about time you did something to that damn thing. You can't be the Minardi of this group.

It's not totally stock. The black hood stripe adds 10 hp on the butt dyno....

It's not totally stock. The black hood stripe adds 10 hp on the butt dyno....

I understand that the first run did not have the stripe. While maximum HP dropped a little, the under-the-curve performance picked up remarkably. Quite a result, if you ask me.

I think those are "old school" numbers. I think today's technology leads to less parasitic loss through the drive line. Plus a manual usually has less loss than an auto.

Azmotorhead

I have faith that Ted (or Jaque) knows exactly when to stop the mods.

And if they dont I certainly do.

Thank goodness its not RED

I was blindfolded in the trunk.

Actually, I have a friend who did a personal favor and does not wish to advertise. So, I'm respecting that. This thread is about my car, not a dyno instrument. I already owe a left kidney as a repayment.