NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2015 TUSC Official Season Thread

Shifty

Yet another departure?

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/aston-martin-racing-unlikely-to-continue-in-naec/

I'd say that teh series, should it survive, will see a lot LMP cars, since only teh "Corvettes" and teh one Fjord are allowed to win, even on tracks that should favor teh LMP design.

If they lose one GTLM Manufacturer, they are in trouble.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Shifty

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Dalla Lana is such a flake, he always quits after getting his butt kicked once or twice.

I was so hoping Larbre would crush him in WEC.

I still contend BMW will have a new GT3 platform and will leave GTLM unless IMSA bends all teh way over again!

Certainly interesting watching this all shake out.....

Hmmm. Teh way I read it, they were only dropping out of teh Patron Endurance races, and you would get your wish of teh :flamer: in that case....

I like that second one quite a bit, but teh mirrors must fallen off...

LOL, that must be the low-drag Le Mans configuration.....

Hey if Audi can have their own Le Mans aero package, so can CR! :Jake:

I think CR's "LeMans Package" ought to include chaff and flares, and a rear firing 30mm electric chain gun for those pesky P1 cars, fekk that radar camera, teh best defense is a good offense....

I think CR's "LeMans Package" ought to include chaff and flares, and a rear firing 30mm electric chain gun for those pesky P1 cars,

Now we are talkin, Bigfeets and I can load and maintain the systems!

Caltrops... Nuff said !!!

Meh, knowing Audi and Toyota, they probably are equipped with a sweeper...

O M G :at wits end:

What we will do without teh Falken Tire girls?

3461053613_1e14c07559.jpg

Good riddance, is my first take, but that is biased by their decision to hire Pat Long to fill in as third shoe this year.... :tumbleweed:

I understand completely about teh Pillow-nibbling Patty, but losing GTLM cars sucks....we may bitch and moan about how CR is being abused with teh BoP idiocy, but what happens when TUDOR is gone? Will GM pull teh Cads, and put teh Corvettes in PWC, or WEC or what? I'd be all right with WEC, now that they are televising it, even if it is Fux Spurts.

The arrival of teh Ford GT's will help, but I can see Risi pulling out, maybe even teh Core Porsches, and then there is still teh BMW fags. It wouldn"t be much of a series with so few cars in class...

but what happens when TUDOR is gone?

..... and then there is still teh BMW fags. It wouldn"t be much of a series with so few cars in class...

What happens? Teh sun will rise, teh birds will sing, Dawg's vette will still be orange. Teh bloated pig will be dead, and it has been my wishful vision for some time. I see teh inevitable death of GTLM as teh only way to force mother GM to take teh CR program to WEC full time.

On MWM Graham & Hindu said, matter of factly, BMW are pulling out at the end of the year.

Done. Stick a fork in it.

Hmmmm....the only problem I have with TUDOR dying is loss of my favorite tracks and street races, and accessability should I ever have the chance to make one of the closer races. Other than that, I'm ok with TUDOR/NASCAR going away. Dr. Panoz must be laughing all the way to the bank...

I hear ya. In 2006 I "convinced" teh wife that we should book teh timeshare for Park City, UT under teh ruse of a family vacation. Really it was just so I could attend teh ALMS race in lovely Tooele, UT that first year Miller Motorsports Park opened up. :lol

I just had a horrible thought....what if Callaway gets those GT3 cars built and into teh WEC before CR can get there...what will happen then?

I just had a horrible thought....what if Callaway gets those GT3 cars built and into teh WEC before CR can get there...what will happen then?

Relax.

WEC does not run GT3 class cars. GTE is teh old GT2.

I know, it's confusing as hell. Here's a handy guide: http://jalopnik.com/5949938/understanding-gt-sports-car-racing-a-class-by-class-guide

I thought that FIA had mandated that all cars had to be brought to GT3 spec? Damn, my head hurts...

That's a killer shot...ALMOST looked like she was ready to blow on over.

BMW begins teh "bend-over IMSA" process I warned of, and if IMSA allows a GT3 BMW in, then Bentley and Ferrari will be bringing their GT3s in with tons of waivers as well since they are all turbo-charged GT3 cars, not GTE's:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/bmw-pursuing-gtlm-homologation-of-m6-gt3/

and

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/dagys-gtlm-class-poised-for-significant-growth-in-2016/

They should just quit pretending, and make it a GT3 class, end their ACO affiliation, and send Corvette to WEC.

And now for something completely different......

CFo--FGVIAATnIf.jpg

Go ahead, explain that. And don't say: "Ancient Aliens" either.....