NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wild Horse Pass in January......

FNBADAZ06

Maybe this Friday Night Drag event, January 9th, 2015.

I need some 18" wheels for the rear as I still have my Hoosier 315/30/18 DR's.

I'd guess that C5 Z06 18x10.5's would do just fine, if I can find a pair.

I just put some viking DA shocks on the mooostang. Want to see how they do. Street is a lot better.

Another reason why I love the dumb ford, two billet aluminum high end DA shocks, $280 shipped for the pair.

It's been quite warm, and for a generic guess, Dragtimes calculated a DA of roughly +1700 at WHP last night at 9:00 p.m.

Probably dinner with my family instead of hanging out in the cold fighting a cold.

Really want to run 11s in the stang, but may need to wait a week.

Whats the DA supposed to be tomorrow nite???

Who all is going?

Estimated per a local to the track weather station, the DA at 10 PM will be 1150'.

RRBob and I will be there.

I'm jones'ing now, started today at 3am :ack

Sleep might be more important than a sub 12 slip... DAMMIT

I'm jones'ing now, started today at 3am :ack

Sleep might be more important than a sub 12 slip... DAMMIT

[*calm, hypnotic disembodied voice in your head]

"You do not NEED an eleven second slip....you do not NEED an eleven second slip..."

Going to take it easy and hit the next one. Not worth getting sick again.

Interested to see peoples opinion of the track. I haven't seen anyone run fast in the past 4 months. Been out 3-4 times and it is always an ice skating rink.

RRBob and I and at least 7 other Vettes were there, but no one from ACE. Quickest was 10.46. The only cars that had traction issues were on street tires. RRBob and I both had 1.51 60' times. DA was in the 1000-1300' range.

Good to hear. Hopefully they stepped it up. I was spinning all over on 15" hoosiers on my low power moostang last time.

Good to hear. Hopefully they stepped it up. I was spinning all over on 15" hoosiers on my low power moostang last time.

So you either have the wrong tires for the application or you need to learn how to drive with the ones you have. That applies to driving in snow as well as on the track. Adapting to conditions is the name of the game when they don't meet your version of ideal.

Last time I went the track was ice. Believe what you want. I'm glad it is better now or they did some prep. It isn't the tires, driver, or car.

Last time I went the track was ice. Believe what you want. I'm glad it is better now or they did some prep. It isn't the tires, driver, or car.

I've driven on real ice and I suspect you have too. Maybe the 1/4 mile times on real ice would be in the 2 minute range at 15 mph, but the bottom line is that it's still up to the driver to adapt to conditions or change the equipment. Of course, we have high expectations of a perfectly prepped track to take advantage of maximum traction. However, we have to deal with the reality of what exists. Having raced in the 50's and 60's before any track prep existed, has possibly given me some insight and experience to deal with traction problems.

There were several people there last night that had traction issues, but seeing a 1.51 short time for a crummy bolt-on LS3, they can't blame the track.

If you bring out the Stang next week and still have problems, I'll be there to help you.

There were several Vettes at WHP Friday night, but other than me, RRBob, and rkek414, no others were from ACE. DA was in the 800-1100' range. rkek414 had serious traction problems, since he had far more power than the street tires could handle. RRBob came close to being the first orange Vette in the 10's. I'm going to pull his passenger seat out, along with the other 50 pounds of stuff he has in the back, just to lighten it up enough to get that 10 second slip before Dawg gets his 11 second slip. I think Bob got about 10 passes and I managed 8, with the best of a 10.93 on a 1.48 60'.

I have family in town for next couple weeks but if anyone is going this Friday or next let me know. I live near track and can take photos.

I have family in town for next couple weeks but if anyone is going this Friday or next let me know. I live near track and can take photos.

No Friday night drags this week. They'll be open on the 30th, unless they change their minds again.