NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Laps for Ladies ONLY - AMP Jan 10th - 2015

Drewster67

Sound check facts

1. There are two Db readers running at all times with someone monitoring them in real time

2. Drivers are allowed two attempts to pass sound check - For example - If you make one pass and fail - you can make corrections then test again. If you fail a second time - you will not be permitted to test again that day.

4. Some cars will be "flagged" to be exempt from sound check if the car is 100% stock - there usually is lots of cars to test and to expedite the process we try to check cars on grid to eliminate testing traffic congestion

5. If you have a mild to wild switch which opens automatically under throttle - you most likely will fail the sound test. You will need to disable the valves from opening under acceleration.

6. Sound check is done under wide open throttle - no exceptions

7. You have three - four officials monitoring the db test pass to ensure throttle compliance when testing

I have the mild to wild switch but even in mild mode, or stock position the flaps open at 3000 rpm.

I'll have to figure out how to keep them closed.

Car is stock with a tune and full Z06 exhaust from manifolds to tips, I think it may be a hair quieter than stock but with a deeper tone or rumble now.

lol No on the Banana but steel wool may help! :snky:

My C5 Z06 passed sound check with Kooks headers - Kooks Mid and Stock Ti Exhaust.

Its hard to say with your set up Desert Dawg...

For the dual mode exhaust, I believe you can 'hot wire' the connector at the controller to keep them closed all the time. Optionall, I think mechanically keeping them closed would be easier.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife did this last year in her stock c5, no issue with sound. She had a great experience, and I got to tell her how to drive and I didn't get in trouble.

She has never been on a track before. In fact she will not even ride with me on track. She did awesome.

I instructed 5 different lady drivers, 3 were absolute newbys, they all did great.

E mail I got today

Arizona Motorsports Park in Litchfield Park. Lan. 10th.... this Saturday!!!

Ladies- if you still want to come out you can..... it's not too late!

We still have spaces available, so if you want to drive sign up online or call the office today!

This event is open to all women drivers- those with experience and those that are completely new to driving on track. There will be no men allowed to drive on track; they will only be helping out as instructors.

The best part is that it is free to any women driver! They just need to register online or by calling the office. We do have to limited space available so make sure they register asap (we already have over 55 drivers signed up!). We will do our best to accommodate as many drivers as we can, but we also want to make the experience a great one for all involved.

If you have any questions, feel free to let us know via email (racing@proautosports.com) or by phone (480-664-3872). Hope to see you at the track!

Dawg, you need to get Jammye to come out, she would have a blast. . . :scareddriver:

HOGLUVR? WickedFastVette? Aenigma? DesertFox?

Where are all the female ACEholes? Gettin' kinda lonely around here. :leaving

Kate and I will be there. Since the Track car wont pas the sound requirement in any way, we will have our stockish Integra out with a set of slicks on it. Should be a good time.

Kate and I will be there. Since the Track car wont pas the sound requirement in any way, we will have our stockish Integra out with a set of slicks on it. Should be a good time.

Yay!

Sound check facts

1. There are two Db readers running at all times with someone monitoring them in real time

2. Drivers are allowed two attempts to pass sound check - For example - If you make one pass and fail - you can make corrections then test again. If you fail a second time - you will not be permitted to test again that day.

4. Some cars will be "flagged" to be exempt from sound check if the car is 100% stock - there usually is lots of cars to test and to expedite the process we try to check cars on grid to eliminate testing traffic congestion

5. If you have a mild to wild switch which opens automatically under throttle - you most likely will fail the sound test. You will need to disable the valves from opening under acceleration.

6. Sound check is done under wide open throttle - no exceptions

7. You have three - four officials monitoring the db test pass to ensure throttle compliance when testing

I wish I could bring the Vette up to see if it would pass with the NPP closed. I'm pretty sure it won't come close with them open. :0)

We'll see all of you up there this weekend. My wife will be out in the red group with her 2008 white STI (she's gonna take my brothers Mazdaspeed Miata out for a session as well to see if she likes it).

Ladies, I'm sorry but I can't help myself. Every time I see the title to this thread my first reaction is: Hey, I have a "Lap for Ladies Only"! Then I realize my mistake, as usual. :facepalm:

Ladies, I'm sorry but I can't help myself. Every time I see the title to this thread my first reaction is: Hey, I have a "Lap for Ladies Only"! Then I realize my mistake, as usual. :facepalm:

lol :)

Now that this event is over I would like to have the record shown that I, not even once, made one single sandwich comment.............perhaps one of the most difficult threads ever for me during my tenure at ACE. Now I can sleep again :lol

Now that this event is over I would like to have the record shown that I, not even once, made one single sandwich comment.............perhaps one of the most difficult threads ever for me during my tenure at ACE. Now I can sleep again :lol

I know how hard that was for you! Excellent job of exercising restraint. . .

At least 2 ladies of ACE represented

20150110_114451_zpstvgfhyze.jpg

well its 4 if you count the photo bomb of my support truck and the ass end of Alex's vette... ;)

Sorry, Donna, I didn't know how to make my any quieter! Besides I much rather hear the RUMBLING engine!!