NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The race is on - part II (the road trip)

HOXXOH

Thanks guys!

If it wasn’t for Tom, I wouldn’t have even gone over there…

He did all the heavy lifting of the tires in & out of my car & all of the planning.

Number one car guy in my opinion!! :thumbs

NICE !!!!!

Is Famoso really that much of a down hill track ? Did you guys get any grief for running sub 11.50's ?

NICE !!!!!

Is Famoso really that much of a down hill track ? Did you guys get any grief for running sub 11.50's ?

Neither Sacramento, nor Sonoma seemed to care. Sonoma only wanted Bob to wear a fire jacket to go 10's, so I let him use mine even though they said it'd be OK without one this time.

What did you you do Tom?

I was having some mis-fire issues at some point on every pass. Sometimes on the launch, but usually around mid-track. I managed to make 7 of the 11 passes under 11.00 at Sacramento with DA in the -524 to -547 range. The best was a 10.8023 @ 126.84 on a 1.5422 launch (mis-fire on launch) and then a 10.8026 @ 124.87 on a 1.5157 60' (mis-fired several times on the back half). It should have run 10.7's easily and more likely into the 10'6's.

Thinking this might have been an anomaly and it wouldn't get worse, we went to Sonoma on Sunday where my first pass was a 11.011 @ 121.46 on a 1.520 launch, but obviously mis-firing through 2nd and 3rd gear. On the second pass it was so bad I bailed out early and coasted to a 14.32 @ 68.33. I decided to call it a day at that point. The DA was a killer -1300 which made the mis-firing a big disappointment.

When it wasn't under a big load, it seemed to run fine. The whole trip was 1709 miles, of which the return from Sonoma was 805. I did reset the Average MPG when we left Modesto on Monday morning and it clicked off a 25.9 on the trip back to Phoenix at an average speed of 80 MPH.

This afternoon I pulled the plugs, hoping that was the cause of the mis-fires. They weren't too good. Only 1 of the 8 had a full electrode remaining that was at the correct .040 gap. The 7 others ranged from .072 to .080 gap. I guess I should have changed plugs before the trip, instead of rear hubs. :at wits end:

Wow .......-1300 DA. And with the way that track appears to run down hill, I bet you would've run some crazy times.

How awesome Bob, congrats on the 10 second club :thumbs

Victor, I don't think it''s downhill, the uphill after the lights screws with your view.

I guess I could use Google Earth to see what the elevation data is, but the video appeared to show a decline in elevation, with a rise in the shutdown area.

Wow .......-1300 DA. And with the way that track appears to run down hill, I bet you would've run some crazy times.

Appearances are deceiving. The track actually runs uphill. Start line elev. is 18' and finish is 27'. Then it goes up a lot, since the last exit is at 102'.

But yes, all I needed was to get something in excess of 51,000 miles out of those 100,000 mile spark plugs and that -1300 DA could have put me in the 10.5's.

Yep...used Google Earth to see the elevation readings. -1300 could have been the ticket for sure.

I think I have a good chance of 10.30's at 133+ in race trim if I could get some reasonable air (under +1000 ASL) at WHP....no telling what I could have done at -1300.

Yep...used Google Earth to see the elevation readings. -1300 could have been the ticket for sure.

I think I have a good chance of 10.30's at 133+ in race trim if I could get some reasonable air (under +1000 ASL) at WHP....no telling what I could have done at -1300.

Thank you, Dwayne...

I had a blast!

Victor, Check the big board c6 fast list on the last page @ Sacramento.

It will give you an idea as to what the Subfloor ran in -1000’ da on Jan. 1st

In the 1/8 mile.