NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Secc Sunday Morning Drags

Guest UVETTYA

Guest XLR8TNC5

I would love to go, but.....um...........well.............Yeah, I can't go over 2mph right now and I can't turn and I can't........well, you get the picture.

DAMN IT!

Tanya

Guest XLR8TNC5

I have an appointment to take the car to Gateway on Weds. the 18th to get the CLB done.

Now, if only I could get a hold of Nic. lol.....

Lata,

Tanya

Guest UVETTYA

Great! See you guys out there. :thumbs

BTW, SECC is meeting at the Mobil on Union Hills at Cave Creek Rd at 8:30. Free coffee and they sell 100 octane race gas.

Guest UVETTYA

Hey Eddie, I saw a pic of SECC at the Mobil and there was a guy in a black Vette with a white top that looked a lot like you. :huh

I had a pretty good time at Speedworld. Robert showed up and we decided to bracket race, although the SECC guys ran time only. The track officials kept screwing with Robert at the lights so he didn't have the best day. I'll let him tell you about it if he's interested. The SECC showed up with a dozen or so cars... a Ford GT, (he ran a 10.7) a Lambo with only 1500 miles, a few high hp Porsches, (Joe ran 11.2 with his 785hp Porsche) and two Vipers - one with 1200 hp twin turbos.

I ran

13.01@112 - first run - my plan was to take it easy and be consistent.

12.73@114.75, .084 reaction time, 2.10 60 ft.

12.71@114.56, .030 reaction time, 2.09 60 ft.

Those were dial-ins. The next race was a "by" for me since there were an odd number of cars, which means I didn't have to race but still advanced to the next level. :thumbs I had the option of making a pass and I chose to do so in the left lane because I had been running in the right lane all day and I wanted a test run in that lane in case I didn't get lane choice for the final.

12.61@114.21 .034 reaction time 2.05 60 ft.

The last race was for the Trophy. My dial-in was 12.7 and I ran...

12.76@97.09, .089 reaction time, 1.98 60 ft.

I let off after I passed him, that's why my speed was so low on the last pass. I think if I hadn't let off my time would have been a 12.5 or better.

You are the man Steve, I am honored to have pitted next to you. You are the man congrats. Nice looking award. :D

Some Vette Pics. :lol

After my clutch wouldn't let me do any burnouts, I just worked on my reaction times.

I did beat the TT Viper though. I think he let me win. :D A VERY nice guy. :thumbs

Started off with a .243, then a .043, .008, .001 and that is close enough.

Man those lanes are slick. Especially the left one.

So when I get a tune and Drag radials, then it will be time to turn on the bottle. :bang

post-135-1161042115.jpg

post-135-1161042132.jpg

Guest UVETTYA
Some Vette Pics. :lol

After my clutch wouldn't let me do any burnouts, I just worked on my reaction times.

I did beat the TT Viper though. I think he let me win. :D A VERY nice guy. :thumbs

Started off with a .243, then a .043, .008, .001 and that is close enough.

Man those lanes are slick. Especially the left one.

So when I get a tune and Drag radials, then it will be time to turn on the bottle. :bang

Thanks for the pix.

Which car were you driving? I missed meeting you. Sorry! :cone

Caught me Steve!

I was on my way up to Desert Ridge for my 3.5 mile walk and needed gas so I thought as long as I was paying the high price of gas I might as well get a show with it. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
AWESOME STEVE!!!!! CONGRATS ON THE BEAUTIFUL TROPHY!!!

Sorry we missed it.

Thanks Tanya. I think we should put together a club day at Speedworld. I had a blast there last week. :thumbs They relax the rules on Sunday and you can stand in the starter box and take pictures if you like.

Steve, great job keeping it consistent. :thumbs I'm sure you had a bear of a time keeping your foot off on that last run!

M~