NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

What Would It Take.....

ChadC

Hell, I just wanna know if I should leave off the x-pipe! Would it sound THAT much better? Anybody with straight pipes?

You can come over and rev that shit anytime, bro'. Its not like I'm losing though....between the truck, vette, and bike - I've got the best sounding garage on the block! :devil

im with you.

for the moment here is what I have

Headers Stock (manafolds?)

cats stock

H pipe stock

Over the axel tubing stock

flow master 80 series muffler welded in place (same as there High dollar kit, but cheeper).

well it seem like there is no sure fire way to get that "Big block, 70's sound"

Looks like Ill have to experment.

Guest Steve Mulvey

Hell, I just wanna know if I should leave off the x-pipe! Would it sound THAT much better? Anybody with straight pipes?

You can come over and rev that shit anytime, bro'. Its not like I'm losing though....between the truck, vette, and bike - I've got the best sounding garage on the block! :devil

im with you.

cats stock

H pipe stock

flow master 80 series muffler welded in place (same as there High dollar kit, but cheeper).

Hey, I am doing long tube headers and flow 40's on my car, you can check it out when it is finito..

You haven't been by to hear the Mustang, are you coming to the Slot Car Extraveganza?

Steve

im with you.

cats stock

H pipe stock

When? I wanna hear! :devil

Since I've already got the freakin x-pipe, and nobody has chimed in authoritatively, (anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?) I'll more than likely use it. Hey Chad, why don't you weld in some cut-outs? :devil You can get the electric ones now where you just flip the switch! :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...
:lurk Hey Ken, how about a little opinionating, X-pipe or not, given the choice??? Anyone with :2cents ?

If you want the 'old school' 60's sound lose the x-pipe!!

I just don't know why anyone would want to make their C5 sound like a C2/3??????????????

I lost a bunch of HP making my '96 sound like a '69!!

Old guys loved it but it sounded like a f'n truck with glasspacks when you nailed it!!

MY :2cents

Ken