NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Big Hole in the Ground cruise Sat 26 Jul Is back on!

Extender32

Ok, ok, beat me up why don't you? I've heard enough from the peanut gallery about go/no go with the cruise and I don't want to be a spoil sport. If there are only 8-10 people going, I can live with that. We'll keep everything the same as before. POST UP GUYS!

Let's meet up at the McDonalds on Carefree Hwy and I-17 at 0830 for a 0900 depature, We'll stop in Flag for lunch at Sizzlers and then over to the crater. That should put us at the crater around 1300 or there abouts, depending how much time is spent eating lunch. If memory serves me correctly, should be plenty of parking and a great spot for a group photo. There is a $16 admission fee per person if I'm not mistaken so please plan accordingly. This will be a long cruise of about 400 miles for some so I would bring a small cooler filled with the beverage of your choice.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Per Venom's suggestion:
"May I suggest we follow-up with an early dinner at Bojo's (or La Posada Turquoise Room for the wealthy amongst us) and then a beautiful cruise home via scenic AZ-87. The the central and west siders can pull out at equally scenic AZ-260."

We can do this.

Kim and I can't make this but I can recommend La Posada. We were there a couple months ago and it's not cheap but great food.

When we were there the parking lot was full of Bentleys because the Bentley Club of America stopped there on a cruise they were doing.

Ok, ok, beat me up why don't you? I've heard enough from the peanut gallery about go/no go with the cruise and I don't want to be a spoil sport. If there are only 8-10 people going, I can live with that. We'll keep everything the same as before.

Hey Greg, not beating you up at all, but something to keep in mind when organizing events: you never know what the reponse is going to be - you could get 3 cars or 30. Two years ago I did a run on Devil's highway, with only 4 other cars - but that small response didn't matter. If no one else had wanted to go, I would have gone by myself and had a blast anyway. I've lost count of the number of times Jon has run Vulture Mine all by himself because no one else showed up.

Unless an event absolutely requires a minimum number of participants (such as the ACE Autocrosses we've had) my suggestion for pain-free event organization is to just plan the event and then do it, regardless of the number of participants. Otherwise, you are putting unnecessary stress on yourself for something that should be fun.

Just my :2cents

VenomOnWheels

Christine & I are still in, although that hitchhiker fantasy I posted about earlier seems to be evolving in my mind quite nicely . . .

sexy-hitchhiker.jpg

Ant one else wanna get in on this cruise? Bueller? Bueller?

Guest badbobs95

Christine & I are still in, although that hitchhiker fantasy I posted about earlier seems to be evolving in my mind quite nicely . . .

sexy-hitchhiker.jpg

Boy-oh-boy, that's a nice pooper!!!! I'm still planning on going :boobies:

sexy-hitchhiker.jpg

Boy-oh-boy, that's a nice pooper!!!! I'm still planning on going :boobies:

Perv!

Ok, sorry for the change but after speaking with my son and Julies son, both of which live in Flag, we need to change our eating place because the approach to parking at Bun Huggers is steep and we'd probably scrape the noses going in and out of parking. In addition, they both said the burgs tend to be over cooked. I propose that we eat at Sizzlers instead, plenty of parking and a gas station shares the parking lot and Julie will need to top off her tank and I probably will too.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Guest badbobs95

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Just found out I'm having a knee procedure done on Friday and I can't commit to anything on Saturday. I just don't know now. Have to wait and see how it goes. :at wits end:

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Just found out I'm having a knee procedure done on Friday and I can't commit to anything on Saturday. I just don't know now. Have to wait and see how it goes. :at wits end:

What does knee surgery have to do with sittin on your A$$ all day long? Hope it goes well for you? Julie says it's good exercise for the knee when you alternate between the gas an brake pedals.

coconut girl

Sorry I have not posted up.

I don't go online very often. Guess I missed the drama.

My brother and I are still in.

That is two cars 2-4 people.

We had a nice little turnout today, thanks to Ashbobby (Bob), Coconut girl (Pam), Her brother Scott and Julie and her son Kenny and DIL Shauna. We even got into a little rain just east of Flag that dropped the temps to a cool 68 even if it was just for a few minutes.

coconut girl

Thanks for organizing this trip Greg.

Scott and I had a great time. The Crater is a must see.

A little on the hot side but a great day.

We went back thru Oak Creek Canyon.

Pretty sad what the fire did but it is amazing the fire fighters were able to same the canyon along the road.

103 in Sedona!