• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmxp69

• joe@cpr.com

• Jon

• RoccoC5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Bob, good to meet you too. Ray, Had fun stretching its legs against your lightning bolt of a car too. Looking forward to your mods.

Lunati Cam, BTR Springs, Pushrods, Trunion Kit, C5R Timing Chain, 3.33" pulley and 2bar MAP ordered today. 500rwhp or bust.

Lunati Cam, BTR Springs, Pushrods, Trunion Kit, C5R Timing Chain, 3.33" pulley and 2bar MAP ordered today. 500rwhp or bust.

Super cool!!! What are the specs on the cam, if you don't mind me asking? You going to do the install yourself?

Oh, and depending on where I end up with as far as boost, I may be interested in your 3.48 pulley if it will be for sale. :)

Joe's going to spec a custom grind for me. He's thinking about it today :). I've asked Joe to handle the install for me.

Definitely will be putting the 3.48 and 3.6 pulleys up for sale, but I expect with your setup, you may wind up heading the same direction I am. I'm at 10lbs of boost with stock cam.

Super cool!!! What are the specs on the cam, if you don't mind me asking? You going to do the install yourself?

Oh, and depending on where I end up with as far as boost, I may be interested in your 3.48 pulley if it will be for sale. :)

So, Joe figured out what he wanted to do with the cam today. It's a little unorthodox, but as usual, he took the time to explain his plan and I'm gonna run with his suggestion. I'll post the dyno results when the work is done, so stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rocco set the bar for this particular C5 config: Blower/cam/springs and he made 565 with a MAP sensor problem. If my car isn't in that neck of the woods or better since I'm adding meth, Joe and I are going to wind up having a long planning session involving a different approach.

yup cam is in already, bryan is doing the springs and reassembly of the front today, than will move onto the meth and gauges.

Tried to resist...failed. 'Bout to be a meth-head. Joe told me they started it with the new cam and valvetrain goodies today \o/. Gauges go in tomorrow.

post-2562-0-69423200-1407986639_thumb.jp

That poor interior has been apart soooooo many times since I bought the car. Sad part is it doesn't look too unusual in that state to me anymore. Hope she's cooperating with you Joe. ;)

yup going smoothly, most time consuming part is getting all the wiring over to the passenger side for the meth and gauges. Car should be pretty much wrapped up by end of day tomorrow, or at least extremely close to it.

Exciting day today. I stopped by the shop on my way home from work to check out Joe's progress. The mechanical bits are just about wrapped up. They're making a few little tweaks and need to make a few tune modifications (MAF delete) to get it ready for the dyno/tune session on Tuesday. Joe and crew are doing a great job. Highly recommend if you need work done.
AEM Failsafe and Fuel Pressure gauges. They're both connected and working great. Joe left the WB wires (USB and data logging) in a convenient place for me to route them after I get the car home. Meth LED is @ 10 o'clock off the AFR.
1.jpg
Alkycontrol module where the ash tray used to be. I wanted access to the test button, but still hidden away. This works perfectly because the lid still closes. Perfect!
2.jpg
MAF delete pipe from A&A. I asked Joe to go ahead and remove the surplus MAF wiring from the harness to clean it up. That's one of the last minute tweaks. He also had to extend the pipe 1". I already spoke with A&A and we're going to find longer reducer from the TB to charge pipe to cover the weld bead. It'll be fine.
3.jpg
View from the other side. The MAF delete sure cleans up the area in front of the TB. I'm glad I went that route.
4.jpg
OH! I almost forgot, we discussed the 3.3" pulley and opted to stick with the 3.48" We figured there was no reason to add even more boost and overspin the blower if we hit my target of ~550.

Hell yeah! Where's the idle video? :)

My mafless charge pipe from A&A was also 1" too short. I ended up having to get an inch longer coupler to make it work.

Eager to see your results!