One more little tweak

jmxp69

Yuuup. I'm hiding all the scissors in the house before little lady finds out and confiscates my wallet. Installing @ home. Pics to follow.

Posted Image

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmxp69

• joe@cpr.com

• Jon

• RoccoC5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice....better to ask forgiveness than beg permission :ED:

That's my philosophy.

Oh so sweet!

:checkerdflag: Definitely looking forward to this.

nice ...

Will your wife pre-approve my next purchase for me so I won't have to ask my wife???

nice ...

Will your wife pre-approve my next purchase for me so I won't have to ask my wife???

Better yet, the next time Jammye isn't looking retrieve your balls from her purse. :bolt:

nice ...

Oh, no problem. I can approve that for you. Go ahead. Make sure to come back and let us know how it works out. :popcorn:

nice ...

Better yet, the next time Jammye isn't looking retrieve your balls from her purse. :bolt:

Holy hell that was funny. :)

nice ...

Posted Image

Installed Boost/FP gauges today.
Everything laid out and ready to go.
1.jpg
Pod and gauges roughed-in and ready for wiring.
12.jpg
Ground (top left), switched 12v (top right), headlight and constant (bottom)
20.jpg
Switched source splice
22.jpg
Lit up and ready to go. No vacuum connection yet. Tube is in the engine compartment waiting for the T from the SC kit. It'll just take a few minutes to connect while installing the blower.
26.jpg

joe@cpr.com

Just a heads up glowshift gauges are notorious for being inaccurate. They are cheap Chinese gauges and very often perform as such. It'll be fine since your a supercharger and boost is mechanically locked, make sure you get the correct cobalt map sensor so nic can read boost while tuning.

Nic said an SD tune isn't necessary for my setup so no need to change the MAP sensor. FWIW: FP Gauge read exactly 58lbs engine off. 62 at idle. We'll see how it does over time. If it doesn't work out, I'm not out much. I'll let you know what I find out about boost when it's installed. If it's not accurate, I think I'll switch to an AeroForce--just didn't want to shell out that much for a gauge I expect to be mostly static especially given the boost is locked.

• 1 month later...

Awesome!!! :thumbs

In some ways I wish I bought a new kit rather than a used one...so shiny! I swear half of my time has been spent cleaning up the used parts before installing them...

V3 SI with 3.6" pulley. I called A&A ahead of buying and got hold of Josh. I told him I had a list of questions and he said "fire away". We probably talked for 45 minutes. Very helpful.