Vettesthetics Headlight MODs C5,C6,C7

VetteSthetics

The C5 seems to be the reject... this makes me sad.

However I seem mention of C5 tails on your page... I will be happy to give you a set to prototype with... I will even show them off :peter:

Looking good Mike, did you see my endorsement on the thread you linked to on CF?

Translation: Did you see where I stuck my nose up your ass, to get a better deal on my next project?

Boom! :lol

VetteSthetics

Looking good Mike, did you see my endorsement on the thread you linked to on CF?

Translation: Did you see where I stuck my nose up your ass, to get a better deal on my next project?

That just not right... I give everyone a good deal, regurdless. Dawg was pointing out he was proud enough to show my work off on the big board and I appricate that greatly!! Every little bit helps! Thanks DAWG

VetteSthetics

However I seem mention of C5 tails on your page... I will be happy to give you a set to prototype with... I will even show them off :peter:

Cross what do you mean by reject? IMO I think these lights are kick ass and will look awesome on the car. Generationally speaking designs and applications are going to get better. other then the Radio Flyer lights with the body line design there is not a good option for projectors in a C5, IE not enough run without the bubble. Even those lights sport halogens that look like mid 90 Camaro bulbs.

This is the best I can came up with give the situation. Taking and existing set up and making it custom. I plan on doing a projector pop up next. If someone is interested PM me.

As for the Taillights. Yoder has already provided me with a donor set. I just need the time and halos to make it happen.

Thanks!!

Cross what do you mean by reject? IMO I think these lights are kick ass and will look awesome on the car. Generationally speaking designs and applications are going to get better. other then the Radio Flyer lights with the body line design there is not a good option for projectors in a C5, IE not enough run without the bubble. Even those lights sport halogens that look like mid 90 Camaro bulbs.

This is the best I can came up with give the situation. Taking and existing set up and making it custom. I plan on doing a projector pop up next. If someone is interested PM me.

As for the Taillights. Yoder has already provided me with a donor set. I just need the time and halos to make it happen.

Thanks!!

I mean all the others look kick ass and ours look like... well they just don't look as cool its not fair... I want cool headlights... that still pop up pref.

I have a spare set of housings for the pop ups you can have I would like to keep the pop ups just have them come up half way and not be so... worthless in terms of light output.

VetteSthetics

Thanks!!

I mean all the others look kick ass and ours look like... well they just don't look as cool its not fair... I want cool headlights... that still pop up pref.

I have a spare set of housings for the pop ups you can have I would like to keep the pop ups just have them come up half way and not be so... worthless in terms of light output.

Thank man I will take you up on that, I will do some thinking about how to do that and make it functional.

I need some help wrapping my head around the affinity with pop up headlights. Every C5 guy I talk to are in two corners, one is, I feel ignored by the aftermarket community and wish someone would make something cool for me. The other group is I love my pop ups and want you to mod the insides, can you do something for me?? Which one is it? In the sense of pop ups, why would you spend money modding something from an esthetic standpoint that will hardly be seen? Light output aside.

I could take the low road and say it does not matter, I am just going to do what every person wants and collect their money, but for me I just need a purpose and understanding when I am doing something otherwise, whats the point? Much of what I'm putting together has an artistic aspect to it. I just mentally need validation and motivation to pursue going off to create something.

Thanks -Mike

I can answer from my personal tastes.

The Non-Pop Ups just don't work with the car correctly. No matter how its done only one has looked like it belonged and that was the guy who did the NSX Headlights.

The Frog Eye's just do not fit the car they look horrible, Radio Flyer's are nice but at over 1000.00 for a set of headlights that still look non-factory it's hard to get behind them... It's very hard for things to look clean when they don't look like they belong or match the car.

As for the Pop Ups, well I never disliked them. I hate the light output I use my fogs with HID's and get better output. However they do go up to high in my opinion. When you see the few C5's done with the "Sleepy Eye" Modification it looks much better to me, meaner and sleeker and yet still factory because its not replacing anything. However when you don't replace anything then the light output goes from crap to worthless as the headlight housing is basically pointed 5 feet in front of you through the front bumper.

This means to do the Sleepy Eye correctly you have to make a new setup that handles the changes of the housing angle when the sleepy eye is done. Yet this brings you to making it not look to out of place. This has not been done, most that do it make themselves something that works.

For those who don't want the Sleepy Eye there is a decent set of aftermarkets that you could mod they are under 300 and give you projectors for HID's. I have thought about doing them a lot lately but I really think it would leave me still wishing I could do the Sleepy Eye.

Either way that's my rambling on the subject.

Also you should fix your post you put your reply in my quote.

VetteSthetics

The Non-Pop Ups just don't work with the car correctly. No matter how its done only one has looked like it belonged and that was the guy who did the NSX Headlights.

The Frog Eye's just do not fit the car they look horrible, Radio Flyer's are nice but at over 1000.00 for a set of headlights that still look non-factory it's hard to get behind them... It's very hard for things to look clean when they don't look like they belong or match the car.

As for the Pop Ups, well I never disliked them. I hate the light output I use my fogs with HID's and get better output. However they do go up to high in my opinion. When you see the few C5's done with the "Sleepy Eye" Modification it looks much better to me, meaner and sleeker and yet still factory because its not replacing anything. However when you don't replace anything then the light output goes from crap to worthless as the headlight housing is basically pointed 5 feet in front of you through the front bumper.

This means to do the Sleepy Eye correctly you have to make a new setup that handles the changes of the housing angle when the sleepy eye is done. Yet this brings you to making it not look to out of place. This has not been done, most that do it make themselves something that works.

For those who don't want the Sleepy Eye there is a decent set of aftermarkets that you could mod they are under 300 and give you projectors for HID's. I have thought about doing them a lot lately but I really think it would leave me still wishing I could do the Sleepy Eye.

I got you. The Radio Flyers do fit the car lines IMO but they use the halogens bulbs, persumably because of the lack space you aluded to from the back of the housing to the front of the lens. I don't think a projector, even a mini bi xion projector is doable in an open face set up for C5. Probably why the frogs came about when Depot or whoever designed those lights. Again, need to think on the subject some more to see if I can create what you want. I can tell you this, custom work gets expensive quick, an the cost of product like the flyers are reflected in the time and R&R involved in bring something to market.Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on the subject, it def helps!!

Mike

I got you. The Radio Flyers do fit the car lines IMO but they use the halogens bulbs, persumably because of the lack space you aluded to from the back of the housing to the front of the lens. I don't think a projector, even a mini bi xion projector is doable in an open face set up for C5. Probably why the frogs came about when Depot or whoever designed those lights. Again, need to think on the subject some more to see if I can create what you want. I can tell you this, custom work gets expensive quick, an the cost of product like the flyers are reflected in the time and R&R involved in bring something to market.Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on the subject, it def helps!!

Mike

How about this Mike, you come up with a setup for me while trying to stay below 600 and I think it would be perfect. Making the Vette headlights only come half way up is pretty easy from my understanding they work off resistance in terms of when they hit a stopping point so you just put say a bigger rubber block on the stop and it hits it sooner. So if you can work out the lighting setup for under the radio flyers (Hell get it in the 400's and you will really have a lot of peoples attention in my opinion) price and you should have quite a few happy customers.

As I said I am happy to help, and I love the LED stuff your doing it looks great and I would want that too but just to be able to have the sleepy eye with projectors that look clean would be excellent.

Thanks, hope you figure something out!

VetteSthetics

Well now you have called me out so I have to come up with something:) LOL

The frogs I am doing cost the customer about 800 bucks.....

But challenge excepted!! :)

I will reach out to you offline.

Thanks! Mike

I've been watching/listening to you guys bicker, I mean talk back and forth about the C5 lights. I am on the same page as Cross. If you can get the sleepy eyed lights made for between $4 & 600, I am on board too. I love the sleepy eyed look. Keep talkin' guys.

Well now you have called me out so I have to come up with something:) LOL

The frogs I am doing cost the customer about 800 bucks.....

But challenge excepted!! :)

I will reach out to you offline.

Thanks! Mike

Seriously?? If I knew that I would have challenged you to tell me the winning lottery numbers too :LolLol:

But seriously I am stoked! Tell me when you need some cash and if you want these housings! This should be awesome!!

• 6 years later...
Philip loving
On 3/31/2014 at 11:36 AM, VetteSthetics said:

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is well! It was nice to see some Aceholes at Corvettes in the park this weekend. Just wanted to show you all some of the different projects I have been working on for customers, some local and many others from around the country.

Our product is the Hammerhead and we introduced it around fall last year. It is milled form 6160 aircraft grade aluminum and can be anodized, painted or hydro-finished in any way imaginable. below are some pics of customer builds.

I have also stated modding C5 Leman projector style C5 headlights. I will post some pics in this thread in a few weeks when this is completed for a customer.

I am also extremely excited to show you some build pics of a C7 set of lights I am building for a customer with a Laguna blue C7. We are the first Crazy people to break into a set for modding and I can report they are about as difficult to remove the lenses as the C6. The materials are lighter and LED circuit boards are built into the reflectors for the DRL and the turn assembly.

We are calling our C7 headlight mod the DVLRAY headlights by Vettesthetics. Here is a peek at some of the things we are doing now but this build will feature a series of RGB stripe for the DRL lens (pictured) a etched DVL RAY logo in the headlight projector and RGB back lit. Blue plasma halos and a custom hydrocarbon and Laguna blue bezel. I will post complete pics when I am finished with these as well!

Most of my work and marketing effort is done on Instgram. If you are interested you can follow me here: instagram.com/vettesthetics

Hope you enjoy the pics. If you have questions or want a quote PM me or visit my website www.vettesthetics.com and click the CONTACT US and mention you are from ACE.

Pics from top to both,

Victory Red C6 Changed the bezel to satin black with an anodized red hammerhead bezel, halo, smoked DRL lens and new headlight Lenses.

Leman Blue C6 with a hydro carbon hammerhead and projector rings with Halos, smoked DRL lens with Switchback LED bulbs, new lenses.

Montery Red Metallic C6 with a Gloss black bezel and paintend MRM hammerhead with halos and smoked DRL lens and two amber halos for the DRL and turn signal

My headlight has a anodized orange hammerhead with a hydor carbon headlight bezel. Etched corvette C6 flag, Z06 and Vettesthetics signture Third projector DRL with shouud and ethc lenses.

C7 headlight with RGB DRL back lighting

Thanks!

Mike Brown- Vettesthetics

post-2160-0-81099500-1396279781_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-66969500-1396279798_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-43858500-1396279808_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-80324900-1396279821_thumb.pn

post-2160-0-42277200-1396279834_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-41459800-1396279849_thumb.pn

post-2160-0-76693000-1396279865_thumb.pn

post-2160-0-53235300-1396279878_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-68877800-1396280166_thumb.jp

Philip loving
On 3/31/2014 at 11:36 AM, VetteSthetics said:

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is well! It was nice to see some Aceholes at Corvettes in the park this weekend. Just wanted to show you all some of the different projects I have been working on for customers, some local and many others from around the country.

Our product is the Hammerhead and we introduced it around fall last year. It is milled form 6160 aircraft grade aluminum and can be anodized, painted or hydro-finished in any way imaginable. below are some pics of customer builds.

I have also stated modding C5 Leman projector style C5 headlights. I will post some pics in this thread in a few weeks when this is completed for a customer.

I am also extremely excited to show you some build pics of a C7 set of lights I am building for a customer with a Laguna blue C7. We are the first Crazy people to break into a set for modding and I can report they are about as difficult to remove the lenses as the C6. The materials are lighter and LED circuit boards are built into the reflectors for the DRL and the turn assembly.

We are calling our C7 headlight mod the DVLRAY headlights by Vettesthetics. Here is a peek at some of the things we are doing now but this build will feature a series of RGB stripe for the DRL lens (pictured) a etched DVL RAY logo in the headlight projector and RGB back lit. Blue plasma halos and a custom hydrocarbon and Laguna blue bezel. I will post complete pics when I am finished with these as well!

Most of my work and marketing effort is done on Instgram. If you are interested you can follow me here: instagram.com/vettesthetics

Hope you enjoy the pics. If you have questions or want a quote PM me or visit my website www.vettesthetics.com and click the CONTACT US and mention you are from ACE.

Pics from top to both,

Victory Red C6 Changed the bezel to satin black with an anodized red hammerhead bezel, halo, smoked DRL lens and new headlight Lenses.

Leman Blue C6 with a hydro carbon hammerhead and projector rings with Halos, smoked DRL lens with Switchback LED bulbs, new lenses.

Montery Red Metallic C6 with a Gloss black bezel and paintend MRM hammerhead with halos and smoked DRL lens and two amber halos for the DRL and turn signal

My headlight has a anodized orange hammerhead with a hydor carbon headlight bezel. Etched corvette C6 flag, Z06 and Vettesthetics signture Third projector DRL with shouud and ethc lenses.

C7 headlight with RGB DRL back lighting

Thanks!

Mike Brown- Vettesthetics

post-2160-0-81099500-1396279781_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-66969500-1396279798_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-43858500-1396279808_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-80324900-1396279821_thumb.pn

post-2160-0-42277200-1396279834_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-41459800-1396279849_thumb.pn

post-2160-0-76693000-1396279865_thumb.pn

post-2160-0-53235300-1396279878_thumb.jp

post-2160-0-68877800-1396280166_thumb.jp

Philip loving

Hello ,I would like to add the hammer head to My Vette in Victory Red! I’m going back to the clear lens and while I have it apart ,I think it would be a Great Mod! If You are still selling how much thanks in advance!

On 12/26/2020 at 10:10 PM, mrhusker said:

I don't believe they're in business anymore. I haven't heard anything from them for quite some time now.

^^^ this.  

I recently updated the headlights on my 2012 GS, and I searched for Hammerheads and could not find any place to purchase them.

You might take a look at the Morimoto headlights, they are available from 

https://www.vette-lights.com/

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.